Imperial Sugar – Give A Friend A Cookie Contest 2019 – Win one year’s worth of free sugar
IMPERIAL SUGAR COMPANY
GIVE A FRIEND A COOKIE CONTEST 2019
Imperial Sugar Company’s (“Sponsor”) Give a Friend a Cookie Contest (“Contest”) begins at 10:00 am
Central Time (“CT”) on Sunday, December 8, 2019, via its websites and ends at 11:59 pm CT on
Saturday, December 14, 2019 (“Contest Period”). This Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules
and, by entering, all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
Contest is open to legal residents in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, except
residents of the state of Rhode Island, who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, officers,
directors and agents of Imperial Sugar Company and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates,
promotion and advertising agencies and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or
child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same
household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Contest is
void in the state of Rhode Island, outside the continental United States, and where prohibited by law,
regulation, statute or other appropriate authority, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local
laws. Sponsor reserves the right to verify all eligibility qualifications. All eligible individuals as defined
herein are referred to as “Entrant.”
HOW TO ENTER:
1. From 12/8/19 – 12/14/19, Entrants can enter the Give a Friend a Cookie Contest via the contest web
pages: https://www.imperialsugar.com/contests/give-a-friend-a-cookie or
2. To enter, Entrant must select a cookie from the Christmas section of the Imperial Sugar OR Dixie
Crystals website that Entrant would like to bake and give to a friend. Entrant must copy and paste the
complete URL (website address) of the cookie recipe into the entry form.
3. Entrant must complete entry form completely.
4. For one extra entry, Entrant can post a photo of their cookies on Instagram with the
#DixieCrystalsGiveAFriendACookie or #ImperialSugarGiveAFriendACookie hashtag.
5. Entrants have until 11:59 p.m. CT on 12/14/19 to enter.
1. Entrant may only enter one contest – either Imperial’s or Dixie’s, but not both.
2. Blank or inaccurate information entered will disqualify an entry.
3. One entry per person, per household, per Contest. One additional entry may be earned per Entrant
through the optional posting of a photo on Instagram with the #DixieCrystalsGiveAFriendACookie or
#ImperialSugarGiveAFriendACookie hashtag. Photos must be original. Entrant must own copyright.
The hashtag must be included in the description.
4. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses. Any Entrant who attempts to enter the Contest
more than one time using multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified
from participation in the Contest and all entries from that individual will be considered void. Use of a
false or invalid email address will disqualify an entry. Entrant’s mailing address must match address
provided with entry.
5. By entering Contest, Entrant agrees to receive periodic emails from Imperial Sugar and/or Dixie
Crystals. Entrant is free to unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time.
6. Imperial Sugar and Dixie Crystals will never sell, rent, or share any information provided by Entrant to
enter the Contest at any time. Entrant information is only used to send emails regarding Imperial
Sugar and/or Dixie Crystals newsletters, emails, or Contest updates. For more information, view our
1. Twenty-five (25) winners from the Imperial Sugar Contest and twenty-five (25) winners from Dixie
Crystals Contest will receive one (1) year’s worth of free sugar. Sugar or the equivalent in vouchers
will be sent to the winners in one shipment. Prize will not be shipped out monthly.
2. Winners will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the
3. Total ARV of Prize is approximately $100.
4. Limit one (1) Prize per family, household, address during the Contest Period.
5. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Winners will be contacted by email at the email
address provided on the registration page. Sponsor is not responsible for invalid email address entry.
6. Winners will be notified on or about December 23, 2019 by name listed on our website and via email
to verify mailing address.
7. Winners will need to claim their prize and will be required to confirm their mailing address within
seven (7) calendar days of the notification issuance date. ALL ENTRANTS ARE ADVISED TO
MONITOR THEIR EMAIL TO CONFIRM THEIR STREET ADDRESS AROUND THE
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE IN ORDER TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE. SPONSOR WILL NOT BE
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL WINNER’S FAILURE TO RESPOND WITHIN THE
REQUISITE TIMEFRAME OF SEVEN (7) DAYS. Noncompliance with the above or with these Official
Rules, or the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within one week (7 calendar days) or a
prize or prize notification being returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification and, at
Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner being selected.
8. Prize should be shipped within 6-8 weeks of winner address confirmation.
1. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor, who reserves the
right to award a prize of equal or greater value, should the Prize become unavailable for any reason.
2. Prizes are awarded “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind either express or implied.
Sponsor is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss or
damage of any kind arising from or related to the prize or use of the prize. No substitution,
assignment, or transfer of any portion of the prize is permitted, except that Sponsor, in its sole
discretion, reserves the right to provide cash or substitute prizes of approximately equal or lesser
1. Sponsor’s decision is final on all matters relating to this contest.
2. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry
process or the operation of the Websites, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. Sponsor
may prohibit any individual from participating in the contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion,
it determines that said individual is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by
cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an
unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner at any time during the Contest, or with intent to annoy, abuse,
threaten or harass any other person. Entry and participation in the Contest is subject at any time to
verification by Sponsor.
3. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest if it cannot be completed as
planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, other
conditions beyond Sponsor’s control, or for any other reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and to
select winner from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. Sponsor is not
responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. In the event
of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed
to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account associated with the email submitted
with the entry is registered.
4. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for Contest.
5. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the website electronically or
otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
6. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible
for lost, misdirected or incomplete entries.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for phone, network, electronic or computer hardware or software failure, or
technical failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or
delayed computer transmissions, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or
the Contest, technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the
processing of entries, or late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail whether caused by
Sponsors, Entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the
Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which
may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
8. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete entries. Sponsor is not responsible for
any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. In the event of a
dispute, any entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the
email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements
set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is
assigned to an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is
responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or domains associated with the submitted accounts.
9. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical,
seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes set forth in
these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the
stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. By participating, Entrant agrees:
a. To be bound by these Official Rules.
b. That Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these
Official Rules, and to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by
Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest.
c. That Sponsor has the right to use Entrant’s first name, last name, and city and state,
photograph, image, and likeness on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and
advertising for Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to
participant except where prohibited by law.
d. To be contacted by Sponsor by social media, telephone, mail or email regarding this contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ENTRANTS TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR
UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF
APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR
RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER
REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO
DISQUALIFY THE ENTRANT FROM THE CONTEST.
Odds of Winning: The total number of valid entries received will determine odds of winning. Each valid
entry will have an equal chance of winning.
Sponsor: Imperial Sugar Company, 3 Sugar Creek Center Blvd., Ste. 500, Sugar Land, TX 77487.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
© 2019 Imperial Sugar Company. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective
owners. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any
commercial purpose whatsoever.