Ikea – Tiny Scavenger Hunt Contest – Instagram – Win the “IKEA tiny home” (ARV $75000) and (ii) $20000 in cash to cover estimated taxes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM.
Overview: The IKEA Tiny Scavenger Hunt Contest (“Contest”) begins on April 30, 2021 at 12:30 PM ET and ends on May 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET (“Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of IKEA North America Services, LLC, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding AK and HI), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen (19) in AL and NE) or older at the time of entry, and who are IKEA Family members at the time of entry. You can obtain an IKEA Family membership free of charge by signing up for the program at https://www.ikea.com/us/en/ikea-family. Employees of Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, prize providers and their respective parent and affiliate companies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) as well as their immediate families and household members are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules, including, without limitation, the prize acceptance requirements set forth in Section 6 below. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential prize winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential prize winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Contest Parties.
a. At the beginning of the Contest Period, Sponsor will post the first “tiny puzzle” (each, a “Puzzle”) for the scavenger hunt on Sponsor’s official Instagram account “@ikeausa”;b. The answer to this Puzzle will lead you to a previous post within Sponsor’s official Instagram account “@ikeausa” that will direct you to the next hint;c. This hint will be on one of Sponsor’s brand partner’s (each, an “Influencer”) Instagram accounts, where you must solve a “tiny clue” (each, a “Clue”) hidden in the Influencer’s account that leads to one of the letters of the secret password (the “Secret Password”);d. Every few days during the Contest Period, Sponsor will post a new Puzzle on “@ikeausa” and participants must follow the same steps as above to collect the next letter of the Secret Password;e. After solving all six (6) Puzzles, Clues, and collecting all six (6) letters to the Secret Password during the Contest Period, visit IKEA-USA.com/tinyhome to access the Contest entry portal (“Contest Entry Page”);f. Follow the instructions on the Contest Entry Page to fill out the Contest entry form, including (i) providing your contact information and IKEA Family membership number, (ii) submitting an essay of no more than 2500 characters answering the question “How would this wonderful tiny home allow you to live a more sustainable life, and why is a sustainable lifestyle important to you?” (the “Essay”), and (iii) entering the six (6) letter Secret Password (collectively, the “Contest Submission”).
The Contest Submission Period begins on May 12, 2021 (after the final Clue is posted) and ends on May 14, 2021 (the “Contest Submission Period”). All Contest Submissions must comply with the Submission Requirements set forth below. Upon submission of the Contest Submission, the individual is deemed an “entrant” for purposes of the Contest and will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit: one entry per person/per IKEA Family membership number – Entrant name must match the name on the IKEA Family membership account. Contest Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
Any participant who submits an entry after the close of the Contest Submission Period, or who submits a Contest Submission that is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be given an entry into the Contest. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified from the entire Contest. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
Submission Requirements: All Essays must comply with the submission requirements set forth below (the “Submission Requirements”):
MUST be in the English language and must be no more than 2500 characters in length;
MUST be truthful and be the entrant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea);
MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) dangerous, harmful, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, self-mutilating, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
MUST NOT include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number or email address;
MUST NOT disparage the Sponsor, its products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of the Contest;
MUST NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production, including, but not limited to, music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property, except to the extent that such use constitutes a clear fair use or the copyright owner has expressly consented to such use;
MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Entries must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures or music; and
MUST NOT include any third parties.
4. Winner Selection; Judging: A qualified panel of judges, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review all eligible Contest Submissions received by Sponsor during the Contest Period and select one (1) potential winner with the highest score based on the following criteria:
(a) Submission clearly articulates how the entrant’s life can be more sustainable (35%); (b) Submission is inspirational (35%); (c) Submission articulates a unique story (20%); and (d) Spelling, grammar, punctuation and overall organization (10%)
Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding in all respects. In the event of a tie as to a potential winner, the Contest Submission with the highest score in the “how the entrant’s life can be more sustainable” category will be deemed the potential winner. In the event a tie still remains, Sponsor will appoint a new judge, who will adjudicate the tied submissions in order to break the tie.
5. Winner Notification: On or about June 1, 2021, the potential winner will be notified via e-mail and phone using the contact information provided during entry. The potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release (“Winner Documents”) within five (5) business days of date of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within five (5) business days of the initial attempt, or if the potential winner (i) fails to return all requested forms fully executed by the specified date, (ii) does not pass Sponsor’s background check (in its sole discretion), (iii) is found to be ineligible, (iv) fails to comply with these Official Rules, or (v) declines the prize for any reason, his/her place as the potential winner will be forfeited at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) alternate potential winners in accordance with the above procedure if the first potential winner does not meet the requirements above, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
6. Prize and Prize Acceptance Requirements: One (1) winner will receive (i) the “IKEA tiny home” (ARV $75,000), and (ii) $20,000 in cash to cover estimated taxes. The “IKEA tiny home” is the Boho XL 2020 model built by Escape Traveler and customized by IKEA with interior design, furniture and furnishing selections. The trailer is 187 square feet, 8’6” wide x 10’ high, and weighs approximately 11,000 pounds (with hitch). The tiny home includes kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living spaces outfitted with Sponsor-chosen IKEA furniture and furnishings. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes: $95,000. The prize is non-transferable. Cash portion of the prize will be paid via check to the winner following winner’s acceptance and receipt of the tiny home portion of the prize. The cash portion of the prize will not be awarded if winner cannot or does not accept the tiny home portion of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for a lost or stolen prize. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes for acceptance and use of the prize. In addition, all other expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. No cash or other substitute for the prize will be offered or permitted, except in the sole discretion of Sponsor and except as otherwise stated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists of only those items specifically stated as part of the prize. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the prize value.
Winner must have a ¾ ton (2500+) or 1 ton (3500+) truck equipped with a 2 and 5/16ths ball to tow the tiny home. The tiny home is approximately 9,000 lbs empty and approximately 11,000 lbs with everything secured inside. Sponsor will coordinate and pay for the costs associated with the transportation of the tiny home to the winner. The winner of the prize must take delivery of the tiny home at a specified time and location, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner must take possession of the tiny home, no later than sixty (60) days of acceptance of the prize, unless otherwise agreed by Sponsor, or the prize will be forfeited. Arrangements for delivery of the tiny home will be made after winner validation. In addition to taxes and other costs, winner will be solely responsible for costs associated with title, registration, insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to the winner taking possession of prize, along with a valid U.S. driver’s license). EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaims any and all, representations or warranties of any kind regarding any prize, with the exception of the 25-year limited warranty for the SEKTION kitchen cabinets portion of the prize.
7. Entrant Release/Publicity: Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, Contest Submission, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner release and agree to hold harmless Contest Parties, Instagram, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
8. General: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or invalid entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering, announcement or administration of the Contest.
9. Right to Cancel: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest if it is not capable of running it as planned, including for any causes beyond the control of Sponsor which affect administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any Contest-related materials. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
10. Disputes/Governing Law: By participating in the Contest, participants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action and all claims, awards and judgments shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. No entrant is permitted to obtain any award for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the validity, construction, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest or Official Rules shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the county of Montgomery, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
12. Winner’s List: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: IKEA Tiny Scavenger Hunt Contest – Winner’s List, c/o IKEA North America Services, LLC, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428. Requests for a winner’s list must be received ninety (90) days after the winner of the Contest is chosen.