Ikea – The Better Balance Trail Sweepstakes
Skip to main content
Enter ZIP code
IKEA “THE BETTER BALANCE TRAIL” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW.
1. DESCRIPTION: The IKEA “The Better Balance Trail” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on February 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Ten (10) potential Grand Prize (as defined below) and fifty (50) potential Runner-Up Prize (as defined below) winners (for a total of sixty (60) potential Prize (as defined below) winners) will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules and the decisions of IKEA North America Services, LLC, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen (19) in AL and NE) or older at the time of entry, and who are registered members in good standing of the IKEA Family Program at the time of entry. You can obtain an IKEA Family membership free of charge by signing up for the program at https://www.ikea.com/us/en/ikea-family or by visiting a participating store. Employees of Sponsor, INGKA Group, the IKEA retail stores (each, an “IKEA Location” and together, the “IKEA Locations”) and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: To enter, (a) participate in the Better Balance Trail either at a participating IKEA Location or online by either (i) scanning the QR code located at the IKEA Location showroom entrance and on banners throughout the store, locating the digital well-being mantra card (the “Card”), and following the trail to find clues throughout the IKEA Location to complete the Card, or (ii) following the digital Better Balance Trail located at IKEA-USA.com/TheBetterBalanceTrail (the “Webpage”), locating the Card, and following the clues on the Webpage to complete the Card, and (b) upon successfully completing the Card (either in-store or online), follow the on-screen directions to log onto your IKEA Family member account, visit the entry form and fill out completely the entry form with all required information to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. LIMIT: ONE (1) ENTRY PER IKEA FAMILY NUMBER. In the event more than one (1) entry is received from any one (1) IKEA Family number, the first entry processed will be considered the only valid entry received and all additional entries will be void. Entrants may not create additional IKEA Family Program memberships for additional entries. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each applicable Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the email address submitted on the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by a wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses associated with the submitted email address, as applicable. Potential winners may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Ten (10) Grand Prize winners and fifty (50) Runner-Up Prize winners will be randomly selected on or around March 7, 2022 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, for a total of sixty (60) potential winners. A potential winner may only be selected to win either one (1) Grand Prize or one (1) Runner-Up Prize. One (1) Prize per winner; no winner can be selected to win both Prizes.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about April 11, 2022, the potential Prize winners will be notified via the email address provided during entry and/or the email address associated with the potential Prize winner’s IKEA Family account. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, such potential winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate winner may be announced. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Prize winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: Ten (10) Grand Prizes and fifty (50) Runner-Up Prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Ten Grand Prize winners will each receive: (i) an IKEA prize pack (“IKEA Prize Pack”) consisting of: one (1) FARGKLAR mug valued at $1.29; one (1) VANSKLIG scented candle valued at $7.99; one (1) ROCKAN bathrobe valued at $24.99; one (1) KUPONG alarm clock valued at $1.99; one (1) BRATTBY bag valued at $0.69; one (1) Us & Our Planet book valued at $29.99; one (1) TaskRabbit gift card valued at $50.00; and (ii) a One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) IKEA gift card (“Grand Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $1,116.94. Fifty Runner-Up winners will each receive: (i) an IKEA Prize Pack, and (ii) a twenty dollar ($20) IKEA gift card (“Runner-Up Prize”). ARV of each Runner-Up Prize: $136.94. The Grand Prizes and Runner-Up Prizes shall collectively be the “Prize” or “Prizes”. Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes: $18,016.40
Odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All costs and expenses not set forth as part of the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. The winners may not substitute, assign, or transfer the Prize or redeem the Prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. No returns/exchanges. Prizes will be mailed to each verified Prize winner at the mailing address associated with the potential Prize winner’s IKEA Family account within approximately 4-6 weeks. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, intercepted, or Prizes otherwise not received. Sponsor may replace lost, late, intercepted or Prizes otherwise not received at its sole discretion. Terms and conditions of gift card apply; see gift card for details. Grand Prize winners will each be issued a 1099 tax form for the Prize value.
7. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, or proper use of the website. Failure to provide any requested information to verify eligibility, and/or non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Each potential Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release.
No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of the Prize is permitted. If a Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Acceptance of a Prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, portrait, picture, biographical information, voice, likeness, statements, photograph and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes in any and all media now known or developed in the future, throughout the world in perpetuity without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law.
By participating, entrants and winners release and agree to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, their respective parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Prize and/or with respect to participation in any Prize-related activity. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering, announcement or administration of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
8. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or invalid entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information or a Prize by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process.
9. DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action and all claims, awards and judgments shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. No entrant is permitted to obtain any award for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the validity, construction, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes or Official Rules shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: IKEA “The Better Balance Trail” Sweepstakes – Winner’s List, c/o IKEA North America Services, LLC, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428. Requests for a winner’s list must be received ninety (90) days after the winners of the Sweepstakes are chosen.
Back to top
Cookie settings Ok