Helen Of Troy – Gira Hacia Tus Quince Con Revlon Hair Tools Contest – Win 1099 and are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use
Gira Hacia tus Quince con Revlon Hair Tools Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Gira Hacia tus Quince con Revlon Hair Tools Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least fourteen (14) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Helen of Troy (the “Sponsor’” and “Administrator”) and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The quinceañera must take place no later than January 30, 2022.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: Helen of Troy L.P., 1 Helen Of Troy Plaza, El Paso, TX 79912.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s (“Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 12, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. The quinceañera must take place no later than January 30, 2022.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.RevlonHairTools.com/QuinceContest and follow the links and instructions to submit an Entrant planning her quinceañera celebration, with the celebration itself taking place by January 30, 2022. Entrant must be at least 14 years old and reside in the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and must have a legal parent or guardian signature (“Guardian”). Entrant and Guardian must complete and submit the registration form, including the Entrant’s full name, valid email address and birthdate. Next, follow the directions to answer the following questions:
• What is your dream quinceañera celebration hairstyle?
• When is your quinceañera celebration taking place and what is your quinceañera theme?
• What are the biggest challenges in planning your quinceañera celebration and which aspects are you looking forward to most?
• Please share any other details you’d like us to know.
The registration information and responses to the questions will be collectively referred to as your submission (“Submission”). By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform. Where your Submission meets all requirements, your Submission will be deemed one (1) Contest entry. The Submission may be in English or Spanish.
The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement and therefore must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
Your Submission must not make references to or include alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons, any activities that are or appear to be dangerous, or any political agenda;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each Entrant may upload up to one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes consent to give Sponsor and Meredith Corporation and its media property People en Espanol (“Meredith Entities”) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor, Meredith Entities, or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will score the Submissions and select up to three (3) top Submissions (the “Winners”) from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Story: Clearly communicates their quinceañera celebration planning challenges and the aspects of the celebration they are most excited for (30%)
Creativity: Dream quinceañera celebration hairstyles and themes are unique, shared with great detail and exemplify strong creativity (40%)
Quality: Submission is thoughtful and well-written (30%)
The Entrant whose Submission receives the highest score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The two (2) Entrants whose Submissions receive the next highest scores are the potential First Prize winners. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email, mail, or phone on or around December 3, 2021. Grand Prize Winner must agree to share images of the quinceañera celebration for use and publication by the Meredith Entities in People en Español digital and/or print story. Each potential Entrant winner will be required to review the Official Rules and to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if/as applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize package includes 25 Revlon Hair Tools Dare to Be First boxes (which may include Revlon Volumizer PLUS, Revlon Double Straight Dual Plate Straightener, Revlon Mix Curler Adjustable Curling Wand) for the quinceañera, her family and her damas, plus an interview and photos of the celebration featured on PeopleEnEspanol.com. Dare to Be First boxes will be shipped to one location. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000. TWO (2) FIRST PRIZES: Each First Prize package includes 25 Revlon Hair Tools Dare to Be First boxes (which may include Revlon Volumizer PLUS, Revlon Double Straight Dual Plate Straightener, Revlon Mix Curler Adjustable Curling Wand) for the cumpleañera, her family and her Damas. Dare to be First Boxes to be shipped to one location. ARV: $5,000.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners of a prize valued at or greater than $600 will receive an IRS form 1099 and are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled 2 – 4 weeks after the end of the Contest.
10. Release: By entering and participating in the Contest, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, the Meredith Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor, the Meredith Entities and theirits designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, video, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising, public relations/media activities, including but not limited to: on-site, in-studio, telephone and e-mail media interviews or other purposes, worldwide, prior to, during and after the selection of the winning Entries, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. Ownership and License of Submission: Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Entrant agrees that the Submission, photos of the celebration and all interviews shall be licensed to the Meredith Entities for use in a People en Espanol digital and/or print story. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor and the Meredith Entities shall not be obligated to use the Submission, photos, or interviews and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties, and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, technical failures, human error, any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Contest, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor may also modify the prizes offered. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the El Paso District or the appropriate Texas State Court located; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
17. Winner List: For a winner list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org