Hearst Communications – Win a 4-day trip for 4 people to Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida valued at $3,677
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Popular Mechanics Universal Orlando Resort Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): To enter beginning June 12, 2018, at 12:01 AM (ET), through August 6, 2018, at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Entry Period”): (i) Go to orlandosweeps.popularmechanics.com on a computer or wireless device and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the onscreen instructions; or (ii) text TRIP to 246810 to receive a link to the online entry form, and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the onscreen instructions. By participating, you consent to receive a single text message sent through an automatic telephone dialing system, providing a link to the Sweepstakes entry form from Sponsor and/or its affiliates. Important Notice: Standard message and data rates may apply. You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill. Winner Selection: Winner (individually and collectively, the “Winner”) will be selected within one (1) month from the end of the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. In the event the Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted by Popular Mechanics magazine, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guest”) to Universal Orlando ResortTM in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”). Trip will include: (i) round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; (ii) three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Aventura Hotel or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); (iii) non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; (iv) 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park theme park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; (v) and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is Three Thousand Six Hundred and Seventy Seven Dollars and 32/100 ($3,677.32), which may vary depending on location of Winner’s residence. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. For a winner who is a Florida resident, an alternate method of transportation for Winner and Guests may be substituted for air transportation by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than three (3) Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest, and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty- one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. Trip must be completed by August 6, 2019 or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. Airfare will vary depending on factors that will include, but not be limited to, the Winner’s proximity to the prize location; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered and failure of Winner to follow such a schedule shall not obligate Sponsor or Prize Provider in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. The travel companions of Winner must execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to departure.
2. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified within one month of the last day of the Sweepstakes, via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor’s discretion, via phone or postal mail. In the event the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize, or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. List of Winners: For the name of the Winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Popular Mechanics magazine, Floor 11, Popular Mechanics Universal Orlando Resort Summer Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street NY, NY 10019 within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
3. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per email address per day for Sweepstakes. Multiple entries from the same person on the same day will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, manipulated, incomplete or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older in their state or territory of residence at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Prize Provider, their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. If the Winner elects to partake in only a portion of his/her prize, any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor and Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of the minor) for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within five (5) business days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of his/her submitted entry, if applicable, to Sponsor within five (5) business days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, Prize Provider, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET/MOBILE: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; provided, however, that claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage arising out of the redemption, use or misuse of any prize must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
9. PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (the “Prize Provider”) is the Prize supplier only in this Sweepstakes, is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes, and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws.