Hawaiian Airlines – 90th Anniversary Social Media – Win Heritage Prize pack and a 90000 HawaiianMiles prize certificate
The 90th Anniversary Social Media Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Sweepstakes begins on October 14, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) and ends on October 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. HST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The 90th Anniversary Social Media Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia and all United States territories) (“United States”), Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Japan who, as of date of Entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, as of date of Entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void outside the United States, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, subject to consultation with the relevant legislative authorities. Eligibility to participate is not dependent upon inclusion in Hawaiian Airlines and its communications.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., 3375 Koapaka Street, Ste. G-350, Honolulu, HI 96819 USA operating in Australia through Suite 14, Lvl 1, 123 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW Australia 2000. Authorized under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/38538. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase chances of winning. The methods Entrants (“Entrant”) can use to enter the Sweepstakes are dependent on the location in which they reside (“Markets”).
USA, Australia, and New Zealand
Legal residents of the United States, Australia, or New Zealand (“English Market”) can participate in the following wayand complete entry at the Website, as described below (“Entry”).
During the Sweepstakes Period, Hawaiian Airlines will post a Sweepstakes call to action post (“Post”) on its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HawaiianAirlinesOpens external link to page that may not meet accessibility guidelines. Entrant may comment on said Post with a response to the call to action.
After completing one or more of the above during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants can earn one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes by visiting www.hawaiianairlines.com/90YearsOfHawaiian (“Website”) and completing the onscreen registration form by filling out full name, postal code, email and social media handle and clicking to submit.
Legal residents of South Korea (“South Korean Market”) can enter the Sweepstakes in the following way and complete Entry at the Website, as described below.
During the Sweepstakes Period, Hawaiian Airlines will create a Post on their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HawaiianAirlinesKoreaOpens external link to page that may not meet accessibility guidelines. Entrant may comment on said Post with a response to the call to action.
After completing the above during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants can earn one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes by visiting www.hawaiianairlines.co.kr/90YearsOfHawaiian (“Website”) and completing the onscreen registration form by filling out full name, postal code, email and social media handle and clicking to submit.
Legal residents of Japan (“Japanese Market”) can enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways and complete Entry at the Website, as described below.
During the Sweepstakes Period, Hawaiian Airlines will create a Post on their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HawaiianAirlinesJapanOpens external link to page that may not meet accessibility guidelines. Entrant may comment on said Post with a response to the call to action.
After completing one or more of the above during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants can earn one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes by visiting www.hawaiianairlines.co.jp/90YearsOfHawaiian (“Website”) and completing the onscreen registration form by filling out full name, postal code, email and social media handle and clicking to submit.
If Entrant does not have a Facebook account (“Social Account”) and wishes to participate via that/those method(s), they can visit www.facebook.comOpens external link to page that may not meet accessibility guidelines to create one for free or download onto their mobile device through either the Apple Store or Google Play. Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be complete and submitted through the Website to be eligible. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account Entrant must have applicable Social Account’s privacy settings set to public. Entrant must be following Hawaiian Airlines on the Social Account that they enter on. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Social Account associated with the Entry. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received at the applicable Website by 11:59 PM HST on October 20, 2019 to be included in the random drawing. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by Entrant’s online/phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrant. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory, includes any trademarks, violates the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, is otherwise objectionable, or in any way is incomplete, indecipherable, or otherwise not in full compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted and may be disqualified.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer/device equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or he/she may be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about October 21, 2019, one Grand Prize winner for the English Market will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received for the English Market throughout the Sweepstakes Period. On or about November 20, 2019, one Grand Prize winner for the Japanese Market and one Grand Prize winner for the South Korean Market will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received per each of those Markets throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, at their office in Melville, NY, USA. They are an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the drawings. The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of Entries received per Market throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by email. Grand Prize winners will be sent via email/email link a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release & Assignment of Rights (where legal) (“Declaration”) and will be required to complete, sign and return Declaration via email/email link within three (3) days of being notified in order to claim their prize. Any Australian resident will be required to return the Declaration within two (2) months of notification in order to claim the prize. In the event a redraw is required and an Australian resident is chosen, the redrawn winner will have one (1) month to return the required documents in order to receive the prize.
If a potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received from the applicable Market throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received per Market throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An Entrant is not a winner of the prize unless and until Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): English Market Grand Prize (1): A 1940’s Heritage Prize pack and a 90,000 HawaiianMiles prize certificate. The ARV of the English Market Grand Prize is $2,664 USD.
South Korean Market Grand Prize (1): A 1940’s Heritage Prize pack. The ARV of the South Korean Market Grand Prize is up to $100 USD.
Japanese Market Grand Prize (1): A 1940’s Heritage Prize pack. The ARV of the Japanese Market Grand Prize is up to $100 USD.
Prize Restrictions: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for any loss of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Any and all applicable taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the applicable prize winner. If a Prize winner is a United States resident, he/she will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of prize.
Sponsor will provide/mail a HawaiianMiles prize certification with instructions for English Market Grand Prize winner to redeem the miles directly into their HawaiianMiles account and English Market Grand Prize winner must follow the instructions on how to redeem miles in their Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles account within three (3) months of receiving the prize certification. Potential English Market Grand Prize winner must establish a free Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles account if they do not already have such an account. HawaiianMiles accounts are free to open, and the account and use of the HawaiianMiles are subject to the program’s terms and conditions: HawaiianAirlines.com/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions. Miles can be redeemed by the English Market Grand Prize winner immediately after winner opens a HawaiianMiles account/follows the instructions from the prize certificate. Miles will expire pursuant to Hawaiian’s program terms and conditions and will expire within eighteen (18) months if there is no activity.
HawaiianMiles shall expire in accordance with standard terms and conditions applicable to the HawaiianMiles program and can be reviewed at https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, the prizes will be awarded in random drawings from among all eligible Entries received per Market prior to cancellation. Sponsor, Administrator, Spredfast, Inc., and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the Entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among all eligible Entries received per Market prior to cancellation up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prizes. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE/SOCIAL ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY (AS LEGALLY PERMISSABLE).
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii or the appropriate State Court located in Hawaii; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii in the United States, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii in the United States.
11. Privacy: Information collected from Entrants is subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, which can be found at the following URLs: www.hawaiianairlines.com/legal/privacy-policy (United States), https://www.hawaiianairlines.com.au/legal/privacy-policy (Australia), https://www.hawaiianairlines.co.nz/legal/privacy-policy (New Zealand), https://www.hawaiianairlines.co.jp/legal/privacy-policy (Japan), and https://www.hawaiianairlines.co.kr/legal/privacy-policy (South Korea). Entrant is subject to applicable data protection laws and Sponsor agrees to ensure that all data collection complies with (i) all applicable laws, corporate standards, policies and regulations (collectively “Applicable Laws”); (ii) the principles, guidelines, rules and codes of conduct of self-regulatory organizations to which third parties providing services, platforms, and data are bound, and any required notices and consents; and (iii) privacy disclosures and information collection requirements imposed on advertisers by targeting of media in order to comply with Applicable Laws. Entrants’ information will be transferred to the United States.
12. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.HawaiianAirlines.com/90YearsOfHawaiian (U.S., Australia, New Zealand), www.hawaiianairlines.co.jp/90YearsOfHawaiian (Japan) and www.hawaiianairlines.co.kr/90YearsOfHawaiian (Korea). The names of any Australian winners will be published within 7 days of the drawing, and available for 30 days thereafter. To see the list, visit www.HawaiianAirlines.com/Sweepstakes. For all other winners, available for ninety (90) days after November 20, 2019, visit www.HawaiianAirlines.com/Sweepstakes. Winners List will be sent after the prizes have been awarded.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor, and not Facebook.