Haggar – Hall of Fame Dads – Win a grand prize of a trip for 2 to the 2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony in Canton, OH valued at $7,550 OR 1 of 50 minor prizes
Haggar Hall of Fame DadsTM Contest (“Contest”) OFFICIAL RULES
By opting-in to receive marketing emails from the Sponsor, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any e-mail received from Sponsor.
1. Entry Date:
The Haggar Hall of Fame DadsTM Contest Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, (“Contest Entry Period” and “Public Voting Period”). The Contest will be divided into two (2) phases, the Entry and Voting phase and the Judging phase as outlined below. Public Voting will not determine any winners but will be part of the Judging criteria.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Entries from the District of Columbia will be combined with Entries from the state of Maryland for the purpose of voting and judging. Employees of Haggar Clothing Co., 1507 LBJ Freeway, Suite 100, Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (“Sponsor” and “Judge”), and WYNG, Inc. 360 Park Avenue S., 20th Floor, NY, NY 10010 (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of any of the foregoing individuals, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate or win a prize. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential prize winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Contest or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
3. Phase One:
Phase One Entry Submission:
You may enter the Contest by visiting www.haggarhofdad.com during the Contest Entry Period and following the directions to complete and submit all of the required information on the Official Entry (collectively, the “Entry”).
Entry Note: Your Entry will be open to public voting.
Entry submission process:
CONTEST OBJECTIVE: Submit a photo (with caption), slide show video (with caption) or video (not to exceed 3-minutes in length) nominating living fathers/father figures highlighting why their nomination is Hall of Fame worthy (“Nominee”). HINT: Qualities that demonstrate distinctive attributes including active family leadership, community support and exemplary character.
There will be one (1) winner per state (50 total states), for a total of fifty (50) winners in all. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes or advance fewer Entries for any phase if, in its sole discretion, it determines it has not received a sufficient number of qualified eligible Entries. A qualified entry will be defined as an Entrant that complies with these Official Rules (i.e. age, legal resident of the U.S., Submits an eligible photo and caption). In that event, there could be more than one winner per state, and zero winners in other states.
All Phase One Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, to be considered. Applications will only be accepted in English. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any other means which subvert the entry process or are otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address during Phase One, however more than one member from the same family may enter. If multiple Entries are received from the same person utilizing multiple email addresses, the Judges may use their discretion to select the entry submission and or disqualify the Entrant from participation in this Contest. Limit one (1) Phase One prize package per state. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Except as otherwise provided herein, Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence with an entrant regarding an entry. Entry must be entrant’s own original work, be true and verifiable, cannot be previously published or submitted in connection with any other contest, may not be offensive or inappropriate and may not contain profanities or obscenities nor depict Contest Entities unfavorably, as determined by Sponsor or the Administrator in their sole discretion. Entries must be consistent with the images of the Contest Entities and must not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry it determines does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules.
4. License: Entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty- free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, without limitation. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
Proof that you uploaded an Entry does not constitute proof or evidence that it was received within the Contest Entry Period or eligible for the Contest. Sponsor reserves the absolute right to disqualify and/or immediately remove any Entry in whole or in part for any reason within its sole and absolute discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, Entries will be disqualified if Sponsor believes the Entry is not in the spirit of the Contest, is not compliant herewith, or will have a detrimental impact on Sponsor, this Contest, or any of Sponsor’s or other Contest Parties’ brands, products or services.
5. Entry Compliance: Entries must be complete, compliant with these Official Rules including, but not limited to, the Entry Parameters and Content Restrictions, as defined below and any instructions
communicated on the Website, submitted via the stated Entry method used to facilitate Entry, and received by Administrator within the Contest Entry Period. Entries submitted via any other Entry method will not be accepted. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same device or email address. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your mobile plan and/or on-line service may apply to Entry via mobile device. For those Entrants entering with a mobile device: Contest may not be available via all mobile carriers.
The person submitting an Entry will be deemed the Entrant (“Entrant”). Each Entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Entry: (a) Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the video or photo and has obtained the necessary rights and consents; (b) the video or photo does not infringe
on any rights of any third parties; (c) the Entry does not include individuals under legal age of majority unless Entrant has a signed release from such individual’s parent or legal guardian. Entrants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any Entry: (i) pornography, adult- oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (iv) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (v) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (vi) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on Sponsor, and/or the owners and employees of Sponsor; (vii) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (viii) dangerous stunts; (ix) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (x) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (xi) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced
video, etc.); and (xii) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created. Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify any Entry it deems inappropriate, indecent or obscene, and unsuitable for publishing or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules. By entering you authorize Sponsor to use your Entry on www.haggarhofdad.com (“Sponsor’s Website”) without compensation, and you grant to Sponsor the right to modify your Entry by any means. An Entry does not guarantee selection as a prize winner in the Contest. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to the potential posting of such Entrant’s name, the nominee’s name, and Entry on Sponsor’s website and any other website or social media network affiliated with Sponsor. Submission of your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Contest and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your personal details for the Contest administration purposes.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal Entry submissions without the required Eligible Video or Photo or captions WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS CONTEST ENTRIES and shall not be eligible for any prize. ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH ALL CONTENT GUIDELINES AND ALL OTHER OFFICIAL RULES. All Entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Entrant will be able to review his or her Entry prior to submission, but once any photo, video or caption is submitted, Entrant cannot access/revise such Entry in any way. Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest/promotion subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any Entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or Entrants release the Sponsor, Administrator, Contest Parties, and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities including all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or Entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site Entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
6. Phase One Public Voting:
PUBLIC VOTING: Approved Entries will begin to post to the Public Voting site at www.haggarhofdad.com at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 (“Public Voting”). Phase One Public Voting will not determine any winners but will be part of the Judges criteria. When voting please use the Judges criteria (see Section #7) to cast your vote. LIMIT: One
(1) vote per person during the Public Voting Period per Entry however you may vote on as many Entries as you wish.
When voting please use the following criteria to make your voting selection.
• Strength of overall compliance to the Contest theme.
• Quality of Entry and ability of Entry to raise an emotion by Judges. 7. Phase Two Judging and Judging Criteria:
All eligible Entries will be judged based on the weighted criteria listed below by a panel of qualified judges selected by the Sponsor at its sole discretion:
20% Number of votes received during Phase Two Public Voting 30% How well the entry meets the contest theme
50% Emotional quality of entry
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Entry with the highest judging scores will be deemed potential Grand Prize Winner (the Grand Prize Winner”). The judges will also determine fifty (50) state winners (collectively “State Winner”) In the event of a tie, an additional “tie- breaking” judge will judge the tied Entries based on the above stated criteria to determine the winning entry.
8. Winner Notifications & Required Documents:
Prize winning Entries will be notified via telephone and/or email on or about Monday, June 3, 2019. If any e-mail to a potential winner is undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or any potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the opportunity to receive a prize in the Contest may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, another potential winner may be selected.
Potential winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release as required by the Sponsor and a W-9 tax payer request for identification form, to the Administrator within five (5) calendar days after notification is received in order to claim their prize. Failure to return the required documents to the Administrator will cause the potential winning entry to become void and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Winner will also receive a tax form 1099 at year end for the value of the prize. The alternate prize winner will be the next entry with the highest judges score. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Finalists may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Finalists will be responsible for any expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize except as expressly stated in these Official Rules. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
9. Grand Prize: Grand Prize Winner (the Nominee) may select one of the following Grand Prizes:
A) Trip for two (2) to the 2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony in Canton, OH or B)
$5,000 in lieu of any travel prize. Travel prize to include the following:
A) Pro Football Hall of Fame:
• Four (4) nights (double occupancy) hotel accommodations
• Round-trip (coach class) air transportation form a major airport nearest the winner’s home
address to the prize destination city.
• Tickets to Enshrinement Events
• $1,000 towards travel expenses
Total approximate retail value of this prize package $7,550.
B) $5,000 payable by check in the name of the winner. This is a one-time cash payment in lieu of any travel prize listed above.
• Winner will coordinate with the designated travel agent or Sponsor representative to organize the travel package. If the winner or his/her travel companion is a minor, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest are responsible for bringing proper identification (proof of age) to enter the venue and participate in any activity.
• Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. Prize may not be redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
• Sponsor is not responsible if the event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Seating to be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket.
• Accommodation and air transportation are all subject to availability. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates. Selection of hotel shall be at the discretion of Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the prize. Travel must be round trip.
• Air transportation shall be by coach class roundtrip from a major gateway to the location of the prize, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a designated representative whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final and binding. Selection of airline and airport shall be atthediscretionofSponsororanyotherproviderofanyportionoftheprize. Ifinthejudgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip winner and travel companions must have valid travel documents to fly and to check in to a hotel (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, major credit card, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally requiredconditionsoftravel. Sponsorisnotliableforanyexpensesincurredasaconsequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the prize winner and travel companion, if applicable, from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided.
• All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facilities charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
• Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, undeliverable, returned, refused or stolen prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Fifty (50) State Prizes: Each state winner will receive the following prize package
• One (1) Haggar Blazer with custom Hall of Fame Dad patch
• One (1) J.M. Haggar Suit
• Two (2) pairs of Haggar Pants
Approximate retail value of each prize package $320. Actual values based on approximate retail value of selected merchandise. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, undeliverable, returned, refused or stolen prizes.
ADDITIONAL PRIZE REQUIREMENT: MANDATORY PUBLIC RELATIONS APPEARANCE. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND TWO STATE WINNERS (as selected by the Sponsor at its sole discretion) WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO LOS ANGELES ON OR ABOUT THE WEEK OF MAY 6, 2019 TO APPEAR ON THE STEVE! SHOW. TRAVEL/HOTEL/MISC EXPENSES TO BE PAID BY THE STEVE! SHOW AS DETERMINED IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. NOTE: Due to the nature of the entertainment business, should the planned appearance be cancelled for any reason, the mandatory public relations appearance section will be cancelled, and no compensation will be made to any selected winner. Additional waivers may be required to be executed by each winner as determined by the Steve! Show and at its sole discretion.
10. General Rules:
The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, State of Texas without regard its conflict of laws principles with venue in State of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Dallas County, Texas. As a strict condition of participating in the Contest, entrants and their Nominee agree; (a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); (c) THAT CONTEST ENTITIES (collectively the “Released Parties”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTESTS OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH A PRIZE; (d) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY; (e) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND (f) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any damage, loss or injury resulting from the use or misuse of any prize or Released Parties’ use of any rights granted herein. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, scoring errors or other problems or errors related to participation in the Contest or other errors or problems of any kind whether typographical, printing, human, mechanical, computer, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the incorrect uploading of any video, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials or for any damage to your or other person’s computer hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are not responsible for
Entries that are late, lost, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, misdirected, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Judges will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Every submission must be manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. In the event the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, or if Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void his/her entry) whose conduct potentially compromises the Contest and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, judge all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such action using the applicable judging procedures outlined above.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Winners List: For names of the winners (available after June 30, 2019), go to www.haggarhofdad.com
© 2019 Haggar Clothing Co. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.