Hachette Book Group – Nicholas Sparks Winter In New York Sweepstakes
NICHOLAS SPARKS WINTER IN NEW YORK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
This sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 49 United States and the District of Columbia (excludes Rhode Island), who are 21 years or older as of Promotion Start Date. Void outside of these 49 United States and the District of Columbia.
Nicholas Sparks Winter in New York Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
This sweepstakes (“Promotion”) may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
1. How to Enter. To enter, visit https://www.moon.com/landing-page/nicholas-sparks-winter-sweepstakes (“Website”) to fill out and submit the Entry Form. All entrants must have a valid email address. Entrants must enter all items in the Entry Form.
Each entrant will get one (1) entry per person/household. Thereafter, each entrant will learn of additional ways he or she may qualify for additional entries. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Entry Forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Eligibility. Participation opens only to legal residents of the 49 United States and the District of Columbia (excludes Rhode Island), who are 21 years or older as of Promotion Start Date. Void outside of these 49 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Hachette Book Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Nicholas Sparks and Christopher Kompanek (the “Authors”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Promotion materials, the respective immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing are also not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Promotion Start/End Dates. Promotion begins 12:01 AM ET on November 19, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 17, 2021.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. On or about December 20, 2021. Sponsor will select a potential winner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
5. Prizes. 1 Prize is available. The Prize consists of
– 1 hardcover copy of THE WISH by Nicholas Sparks (ARV $28), and
– 1 paperback copy of MOON NEW YORK CITY, by Christopher Kompanek (ARV $19.99); and
– 1 paperback copy of MOON NEW YORK CITY WALKS, by Christopher Kompanek (ARV $14.99); and
– A 2 night-stay for 2 occupants (the “winner and the guest”) at THE HOTEL BEACON located at 2130 Broadway, New York NY 10023 which Include complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates (ARV $1600) (the “Hotel Gift”).
NOTE for the Hotel Gift:
– The winner will receive a gift certificate by mail from Sponsor with details for the Hotel Gift.
-The gift certificate is valid for one-time use only and may not be redeemed for cash. The room rate value cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, special rates, or promotion that may be in effect during the valid dates of this certificate. Certificate is non-transferable.
Winner and guest, if any, may be subject to additional costs and restrictions may apply, including but not limited to the following:
–> Advance reservations are required by calling 212-787-1100 ext. 2 or emailing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to availability.
-> The Hotel reservation cannot be made during the following Blackout dates:
2021: 11/4 – 11/7, 11/24 – 11/25, 12/2 – 12/11, 12/23 – 12/31/2021
2022: 1/1, 1/13 – 1/17, 4/15 – 4/17, 5/7 – 5/23, 10/6 – 10/9, 11/23 – 11/24, 12/1 – 12/10, 12/23 – 12/31/2022, Redeemable only for accommodations as indicated.
– The gift certificate is valid for one year from the issue date (i.e., the Hotel Reservation must be made and completed within one year of issue date.
– 1 Visa Gift Card (ARV 500$)
Total ARV of the Prize is $2,162.98.
Prizes are non-transferable. In the case of unavailability of any of the Prizes, Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
If a winner is unable or unwilling to redeem his or her respective prize within the terms set forth in these Official Rules that Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
Sponsor is not responsible if the Hotel reservations are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, or for issues arising from redeeming the Gift Card, in which event the Prize is forfeited and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsors’ sole discretion and Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof.
6. Notification. Potential winner selected will be notified via email on or about five (5) to ten (10) business days after the Promotion End Date and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Winner Eligibility Documents”) within 7 days of Prize notification. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of first Prize notification attempt, if any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any winner rejects his/her Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one Prize per person/ household.
7. Conditions. Participation in Promotion constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to (i) conduct a background check should entrant be selected as the potential Prize winner to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the Prize and (ii) use his/her first name, likeness, and city and state of residence. The potential Prize winner and Guest must provide certain personally identifiable information and as part of the Winner Eligibility Documents for security purposes and for Sponsor to conduct a background check, provided that to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential Prize winner and Guest shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any potential Prize winner and Guest if either fails to properly authorize their background checks. Sponsor further reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any potential Prize winner and Guest based on the results of the background check if: (i) such background check reveals that the potential Prize winner and/or Guest have engaged in behavior that in Sponsor sole discretion is inappropriate, threatening or unlawful, or (ii) Sponsor determines in their sole discretion that awarding the Prize to such winner and Guest might reflect negatively on this Promotion, the Sponsor, the Authors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and foundations.
By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Authors if applicable, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Promotion materials, (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant (or minor entrant’s parent or guardian), entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, mail or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor will select potential winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO THE PROMOTION AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZE(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO ENTRANT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS PROMOTION AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
ENTRANT ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SUBSCRIBED TO HACHETTE BOOK GROUP NEWSLETTERS, MOON TRAVEL GUIDES NEWSLETTERS AND GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING NEWSLETTERS AND NICHOLAS SPARKS NEWSLETTERS AND THE HOTEL BEACON NEWSLETTERS AND WILL RECEIVE HACHETTE EMAILS CONCERNING AUTHORS AND BOOKS, EXCLUSIVE OFFERS AND OFFERS TO ENTER OTHER PROMOTIONS SPONSORED BY SPONSOR AND THE HOTEL BEACON EMAILS. ENTRANT CAN UNSUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERS AND EMAILS AT ANY TIME BY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS ON THE NEWSLETTERS AND EMAILS TO “UNSUBSCRIBE”. ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS THAT SUBSCRIBING OR UNSUBSCRIBING WILL HAVE NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER ON ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING IN THE PROMOTION.
11. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within six (6) weeks after the end date of the Promotion to Perseus Books, Avalon Travel 1700 Fourth Street Berkeley, CA 94710. Attention: [EL, Berkeley].
12. Sponsor Hachette Book Group, Inc., 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.
If you have any questions about this Promotion, please contact Perseus Books, Avalon Travel 1700 Fourth Street Berkeley, CA 94710. Attention: [EL, Berkeley].