Guitar Center – Bohemian Rhapsody – Win for two (the Winner and one eligible Guest) to New York City for a private VIP screening of the movie “Bohemian Rhapsody” on October 30 2018.
GUITAR CENTER PRESENTS:
THE BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362 (“Sponsor”). “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Guitar Center Stores, Inc., its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements or promotional materials relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not physically located within the United States at the time of entry. Officers, Directors, employees and agents of Guitar Center Stores, Inc., the prize providers (including, without limitation Fox Films, Shure, Vox, and Hollywood Records), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time [“PT”]) on September 27, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on October 10, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two (2) ways: (1) In-store Entry: go into any Guitar Center store during regular business hours, during the Sweepstakes Period, and ask any on-duty Guitar Center associate to enter you into the Sweepstakes and completely answer all entry questions asked by the Guitar Center associate, who will electronically complete your official entry form; (2) go to guitarcenter.com (the “Website”) and completely fill out the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Sweepstakes Period. One entry per person (“Entrant”). If more than one entry is submitted, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and represent that they meet all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about October 12, 2018 by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winner will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, and/or e-mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry (“Prize Notification”) and must respond to the Prize Notification within two (2) business days from the first notification attempt (the “Deadline”). Such response shall include the providing and/or confirming of his/her full name and a mailing address (“Mailing Information”), where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Documents”). The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the drawing. Sponsor will attempt to award the prizes to alternate winners following the same procedure. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner’s Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via overnight mail. Each Potential Winner must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within two (2) business days of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected, per the procedure described above. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor’s receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner the winner (“Winner”).
Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section until a qualified Winner has been selected and all Prizes have been awarded.
In the event that Prize becomes available due to Winner’s inability to travel and take the Trip, Sponsor will attempt to select alternate Potential Winners. Sponsor’s continued qualification of Potential Winners to travel and take the Trip thereafter will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion, however; in any eventuality, where Sponsor cannot qualify a Winner that can travel and take the Trip, Sponsor will provide a Prize of equivalent value to the Entrant who is ultimately selected as the Winner.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Grand Prize – One Winner will win the Grand Prize, which is all of the following:
– One (1) trip for two (2) (the Winner and one eligible Guest) to New York City for a private VIP screening of the movie “Bohemian Rhapsody” on October 30, 2018 (the “Trip”). The Trip includes coach airfare (from a major hub within the continental United States) to destination city, hotel (2 days/1 nights/double occupancy), meals, and ground transportation. (ARV of the Trip: $2,000)
– One (1) signed Vox AC30S1 1×12 amplifier. (ARV: $800)
– One (1) Bohemian Rhapsody engraved Shure 565SD microphone. (ARV: $485)
– One (1) Queen Vinyl album collection set. (ARV: $400)
– One (1) Bohemian Rhapsody film soundtrack on CD. (ARV: $15)
Actual value of the Trip will vary depending on point of departure. Dates and other specifics of all travel are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All aspects and specifics of the Trip accommodations are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. There is no ARV for celebrity signature(s).
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $3700.00
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prize will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prizes are subject to availability. If any portion of the Prize, including the Trip, is not possible for any reason, that portion of the Prize will be subject to substitution at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and indivisible. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Winner may not sell the Guest ticket and any attempt to do so will be void and the Winner will forfeit the Prize. In order to be considered an eligible Guest, Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old, and must sign (and if the Guest is an eligible minor as defined in his/her state of residence, his/her parent/legal guardian must also sign) and return a Liability/Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor at the time that the Sweepstakes Documents are timely received by the Potential Winner, or the Prize will be forfeited and the Prize award process will follow the winner selection process described above. Actual travel dates for the Trip, including departure date, will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest must be able to travel or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time/double occupancy. Additional travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest are responsible for obtaining and paying the cost of any necessary travel documents and authorizations. Sponsor is not responsible for Trip, travel complications, program, or flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prize items.
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is advised to seek counsel regarding tax liabilities associated with the Prize. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) inaccessibility of the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (g) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or entries; (h) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (i) destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or use of the Website.
Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and other Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively “Released Parties” and individually “Released Party”) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not directly employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant hereby waives, releases and discharges each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including, but not limited to, death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
11. INTERNET:If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination, plus entries received from all other methods of entry. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Entities, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
14. WINNER’S LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Guitar Center Bohemian Rhapsody” Sweepstakes, Winner’s List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than May 31, 2019.
TM and © 2018. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.