Goodguys – Win a completed Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster
Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
GOODGUYS DOES NOT CONTROL THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED SO THE
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES.
THE OFFICIAL RULES ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REVIEW AND ARE
POSTED ONLINE. [www.good-guys.com]
1. To enter the 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster, you must do one of the following:
A) Join and become a Member of Goodguys Rod and Custom Association, with a current membership on June 6, 2016, and you will be automatically entered (hereinafter referred to as “Member Participant”). All current members of the Goodguys Rod and Custom Association on June 6, 2016, (hereinafter referred as “Member”) will automatically be entered into this 2015- 2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. Goodguys will use the official Goodguys Rod and Custom Association membership records (based on the information provided by each member) to identify each person that is a valid Member on June 6, 2016. Each Member so identified will be entered into a Member Participant Random Drawing on June 8, 2016. From the pool of Member Participants, one (1) individual will be selected as a Member Participant Contest Finalist to be entered into the Final Drawing for the contest prize. The member finalist will be notified via phone or email around June 8, 2016. There may be one (1) alternate Contest Finalist selected in the Random Drawing in the event a Member Participant Contest Finalist is not eligible or must forfeit their rights to the contest prize. Members may not transfer their membership or status as a Member to another person or party for the purposes of these contests. Goodguys is not responsible for any change(s) of address information or of any erroneous information of a Member in the official Goodguys Rod and Custom Association membership records.
B) Be a Registered Participant by registering and then entering your vehicle in any of Goodguys 2015-2016 Events, as specified herein below, beginning with the 18th Goodguys PPG Nationals (July 10-12, 2015) in Columbus, OH and ending with the 19th Goodguys PPG Nationals, (July 8-10, 2016) in Columbus, Ohio. [Please note: does NOT include the 1-day Sunday Only registrations.] By registering your vehicle you will receive a “Sunday Lucky Ticket” that you must fill out, sign and drop into the Grand Prize Giveaway box on the awards stage after 1:30 p.m. on Sunday of each Goodguys Event, and you will be automatically entered (hereinafter referred to as “Registered Participant”). When registering and obtaining their vehicle number and documents, each person registering will receive a “Sunday Lucky Ticket” that identifies them. However, the 1-day [Sunday Only] registrations DO NOT receive a Sunday Lucky Ticket and will not be eligible to be a Registered Participant for this contest. All of the participants at each of the Events that have filled out, signed and dropped their Sunday Lucky Ticket into the Grand Prize Box on the awards stage after 1:30 p.m. on Sunday of the Event will be entered into the random drawing during the awards ceremony for that Event (Note: this time may be changed due to weather at the Event, but the drawing will be conducted). On the Sunday of that Event, one (1) Sunday Lucky Ticket will be drawn from the Grand Prize Box for the Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. If the valid Registered Participant identified on that drawn ticket has filled out and signed their Sunday Lucky Ticket and is: (i) present at the awards ceremony on that Sunday of the Event; (ii) has their vehicle with them that was registered at the Event; and (iii) is able to immediately and personally come up to the drawing’s announcer to be recognized, then that person will be selected as a Contest Finalist to be entered into the Final Drawing for this contest prize. However, if the person identified on the Sunday Lucky Ticket drawn for this contest has either not completed and signed their ticket, or is not present at the drawing with their registered vehicle or is unable to promptly come up to the awards stage to be recognized by Goodguys as the Contest Finalist, then that person will be disqualified and another Sunday Lucky Ticket will be drawn until a Registered Participant Contest Finalist is ultimately selected at that Event. Any review of Goodguys staff determinations regarding the eligibility and selection of Contest Finalists shall be made by the independent judge(s) for this contest, whose decisions and discretion in these matters are final. The independent judge(s) reserve the right to draw at least one (1) alternate Contest Finalists from the Grand Prize Box on the Sunday of each such Event as a precaution if the Contest Finalist is not eligible or must forfeit their rights to the contest prize.
There should be a total of approximately twenty-five (25) Registered Participant Contest Finalists drawn from among the Registered Participants that had their Sunday Lucky Ticket drawn for the Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. Goodguys recognizes that some people may register and enter one of the above identified events using a “company or corporate” name as the participant’s name, however for the purposes of this contest, only natural persons are eligible to be a Registered Participant.
C) Sign up “On-Line” starting on July 12, 2015 at 12:00am (PST) and ending on June 6, 2016 at 12:00pm (PST), log on to the following website: www.good-guys.com. Follow the links on the website to enter the Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi- Boy Roadster to become an On-line Participant (hereinafter referred to as “On-Line Participant”). Upon successful completion of the on-line information you will be automatically entered as an On-line Participant. Enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age, and a valid email address in the online entry form. Only one internet entry per person and one internet entry per unique email address is permitted. Internet entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. For purposes of these Official Contest Rules, “receipt” of an online entry will be solely determined when the Goodguys web servers record the entry information. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of an email) does not constitute actual receipt of an entry for purposes of these Official Contest Rules. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Goodguys and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Goodguys. Goodguys’ computer is the official time keeping device for the contest. The Goodguys are not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All entries must be received by June 6, 2016 at 12:00pm PST.
From the pool of On-line Participants, one (1) individual will be selected as a Contest Finalist to be entered into the Final Drawing(s) for the contest prize. There may be one (1) alternate Contest Finalist selected in the Random Drawing in the event an On-line Participant Contest Finalist is not eligible or must forfeit their rights to the contest prize.
Employees, consultants, subcontractors, and agents of Goodguys, Goodguy Enterprises, Inc., Goodguys Rod and Custom Association, and Vintage Drag Racing Association, as well as their spouses and dependents, are ineligible to enter this contest or to win the contest prize. Goodguys will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
2. Multiple Contest Entries. You may enter the Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster more than once by performing any one of the three activities (A, B or C) listed above for this contest. You can do these activities in any order, but you must be timely (see the above identified dates) for each entry and you must follow all the Official Rules specified herein. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will mean disqualification.
3. Notification to Contest Finalists Selected in Either Random Drawing.
The Contest Finalist selected in the Members Participant and On-line Participant Random Drawing will be notified by a telephone call, email, and/or by a letter sent via first class US Mail from Goodguys specifying that the Contest Finalist must contact a specific official at Goodguys. However, the Contest Finalist selected in the Registered Participant Random Drawing must be present to win so they are notified in person only (one person per Event). Notification is to determine if the Contest Finalist is eligible to be awarded the prize and is able and willing to accept the Contest Rules and/or the prize under the terms and conditions set forth herein. Each Members Participant and On-line Participant Contest Finalist is required to respond to a specific official at Goodguys, in person, by a telephone call, email, and/or by letter within five (5) calendar days of the first attempted delivery of the letter at the address provided by the Contest Finalist or the first attempted telephone call from Goodguys. If the Members Participant and On-line Participant Contest Finalist either fails to contact that Goodguys official and respond as required, or is otherwise unavailable to receive the notification for whatever reason, such that no response is received by 5:00 p.m. on the fifth (5th) day following of the first attempted delivery or telephone call to the Contest Finalist, then any right or interest of the Contest Finalist in the contest prize or this contest shall be promptly forfeited. No other notification will be required to be made by Goodguys to the Contest Finalist that fails to respond for any reason, they have forfeited their rights and interest. If a Contest Finalist has forfeited their interest in the prize and this contest, an alternate Contest Finalist selected at the Random Drawing will then be declared the “Contest Finalist” of that Random Drawing by the independent judge. Once an alternate Contest Finalist is selected by the independent judge as the “Contest Finalist”, then that alternate Contest Finalist must be found eligible to be awarded the prize (i.e. is able and willing to accept the Contest Rules and/or the prize under the terms and conditions set forth herein) and must comply with all Contest Rules as applied to the Contest Finalist. The Random Drawing will be conducted under the direction of independent judge(s) whose decisions are final on all matters relating to these contests.
4. Goodguys 2015-2016 Events included in Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster.
The Goodguys Events held during 2015-2016 from which Registered Participants are selected for this 2015- 2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster, should include the following events:
July 10-12, 2015
July 24-26, 2015
August 14-16, 2015 August 21-23, 2015 September 11-13, 2015 September 18-20, 2015 October 2-4, 2015 October 23-25, 2015 November 14 & 15, 2015 November 20-22, 2015 March 4-6, 2016
March 11-13, 2016 March 19 & 20, 2016 April 1-3, 2016
April 15-17, 2016 April 22-24, 2016 May 13-15, 2016 June4&5,2016 June 10-12, 2016 June 17-19, 2016 June 25, 2016
July 1-3, 2016 July 8-10, 2016
18th Goodguys PPG Nationals, Columbus, OH 28th Pacific Northwest Nationals, Puyallup, WA 13th Great Northwest Nationals, Spokane, WA 29th West Coast Nationals, Pleasanton, CA
18th Colorado Nationals, Loveland, CO
4th Nostalgia Nationals, Bowling Green, KY
23rd Lone Star Nationals, Fort Worth, TX
22nd Southeastern Nationals, Charlotte, NC
26th Autumn Get-Together, Pleasanton, CA
18th Southwest Nationals, Scottsdale, CA
7th Spring Nationals, Scottsdale, AZ
6th Spring Lone Star Nationals, Fort Worth, TX
34th All American Get-Together, Pleasanton, CA
16th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, Del Mar, CA
2nd North Carolina Nationals, Raleigh, NC
3rd Florida Nationals, Kissimmee, FL
11th Nashville Nationals, Nashville, TN
23rd Summer Get-Together, Pleasanton, CA
3rd Indy Nationals, Indianapolis, IN
24th Grundy Worldwide East Coast Nationals, W. Springfield, MA 2nd Day At The Hay, Lincoln, NE
25th Heartland Nationals, Des Moines, IA
19th Goodguys PPG Nationals, Columbus, OH
*All dates/events are subject to change or cancellation
Goodguys will use its records of all participants at the above-identified 2015-2016 Events (and the information provided by each participant) to identify each such “Registered Participant” for each contest and their eligibility to be a Contest Finalist. Goodguys reserves the absolute right, at any time, to amend and/or revise the above identified list of 2015-2016 Events.
5. Eligibility Requirements. This Contest is open only to U.S. and Canadian residents who are 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license at the time of the Random Drawings from which Contest Finalists are selected and the Final Drawing thereafter. Proof of insurance will also be required prior to the Final Drawing. Non-compliance with any of the Official Rules may result in disqualification. Goodguys reserves the right to substitute cash or another vehicle of equal or greater value in the event the prize is substantially damaged or destroyed before the winner takes possession of the prize. This prize will be given “AS IS”, after usage and travel of the vehicle for publicity purposes to promote Goodguys and the prize at numerous Goodguys Events throughout the country. Employees, representatives, consultants, subcontractors, and agents of Goodguys, Goodguy Enterprises, Inc., and Goodguys Rod and Custom Association, as well as their spouses and dependents, are not eligible to enter this contest or to win the contest prize.
6. Final Drawing to Select the Winner from Among All Contest Finalists. The Final Drawing for this contest prize will be held on or about July 10, 2016, at the 19th Goodguys PPG Nationals (July 8-10) in Columbus, Ohio. With one (1) On-line Participant Contest Finalist selected in the Random Drawing from among On-line Participants and one (1) Member Participant Contest Finalist selected in the Random Drawing from among the Member Participants and about thirty one (20) Contest Finalists drawn from among the Registered Participants that had their Sunday Lucky Ticket drawn for this contest prize. There should be a total of approximately twenty-five (25) Contest Finalists that will participate in the Final Drawing for this contest. From all these Contest Finalists at the Final Drawing, each Contest Finalist will be asked a Goodguys award question as part of the contest, and ultimately only one Contest Finalist will randomly win the contest prize. That Final Drawing winner (hereinafter referred to as “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about July 10, 2016, at the 19th Goodguys PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio from among the eligible Contest Finalists (“Final Drawing”). The Final Drawing will be conducted under the direction of independent judge(s) whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest. The odds of winning the prize at the Final Drawings will be about 1 in 25. After a Contest Finalist has been selected as the Winner of this contest, the Winner agrees to timely execute the Goodguys’ Prize Acceptance and Liability/Publicity Release form, an Affidavit of Eligibility form, and W-9 form (for IRS purposes) and then promptly deliver the executed forms to the Goodguys official before the Winner takes possession of the contest prize.
7. Final Drawing and the Prize. THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER THAT WILL BE SELECTED FROM AMONG THE CONTEST FINALISTS. The contest prize is the completed Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster.
8. Travel Expenses of Contest Finalists to the Final Drawing. Each Contest Finalist who attends the Final Drawing will receive travel cost reimbursement from Goodguys at the rate of $0.35 per mile from the Contest Finalists residence (in the US or Canada) to the 19th Goodguys PPG Nationals (July 8-10) in Columbus, Ohio. The prize does not include any other travel expenses or any lodging, meals, rental cars or other expenses incurred by the Contest Finalists in attending the Final Drawing or the Winner in accepting and taking possession of the contest prize. The Winner will be given title to the contest prize, but only after the Winner has executed Goodguys’ Prize Acceptance and Liability/Publicity Release form, Affidavit of Eligibility form, and W-9 form. Goodguys reserves the right to substitute cash or another vehicle of equal or greater value for the prize (based on the estimated value for this prize in its AS IS condition at the Final Drawing being $40,000).
9. Prize “AS IS”. Upon the Winner completing and executing Goodguys’ Affidavit of Eligibility form and Prize Acceptance and Liability/Publicity Release form and W-9 form, the Winner shall be responsible to accept the contest prize “AS IS” and to drive and/or transport the prize away from the 19th Goodguys PPG Nationals (on or about July 10, 2016) in Columbus, Ohio.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Upon acceptance of the prize, the Winner forever releases from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, cost or expense whatsoever, regardless of how it was incurred, and including without limitation, any and all claims for property damage, personal injury, and/or death which may occur in connection with the Winner’s acceptance, ownership, possession and/or use of the prize, each of the following:
Mike Goldman Customs Inc, Meridian, MS; Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA); Ford Motor Company and all their subsidiaries; and any person or entity that participated in the design, building, assembling and/or manufacturing of the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster; and all of the other contributors, parts suppliers, and/or sponsors of this Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster; Goodguy Enterprises, Inc., Goodguys Rod and Custom Association, Goodguys, and its owners, employees, representatives, suppliers, agents, affiliates, associates and advertisers; officials and members of the Goodguys Rod and Custom Association; any parties, individual or entities involved with this contest, its promotion, and public relations and production agency associated with this contest; and the independent judge(s) (whose decisions for this contest are final) on all matters relating to the Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster and/or the contest prize.
11. Contest Rules Govern. Each person entering this contest agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent judge(s) in the selection of the Contest Finalists and the Winner. By accepting these Official Rules, each Contest Finalists and the Winner expressly authorize Goodguys, and their employees, agents and representatives, to use their name, address and/or their photograph and/or likeness for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All forms, documents and recorded information regarding the Registered Participants, On-Line Participants and Members used in this contest are the exclusive property of Goodguys and will not be returned.
12. Winner Responsible for Taxes and Expenses. The Winner has sole responsibility for all expenses, including federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, and title fees related to and/or for the prize. Goodguys is not responsible for any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Goodguys that corrupt or improperly affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of this contest. Goodguys will not be responsible to award any value in excess of the value listed in these Official Rules.
13. Contest Is Void Where Prohibited, Taxed or Restricted By Law. If there exists any laws, bonds, taxes, and/or restrictions that actually apply to any valid contestant, participant, Contest Finalist and/or Winner; than the contest is void for such individuals (“Void Individuals”). Whether or not such information is known or unknown to all the parties before or after this Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. Any such Void Individuals are unable to participate and/or claim the award, to become a Winner. Goodguys conducts numerous giveaways and will not be held responsible for resolving potential or actual claims of Void Individuals.
14. WinnerIdentification.TheidentificationoftheWinnerwillbemadeavailableafterJuly31,2016tothose sending a written request (in English only) for that information, together with a separate, stamped (first class mail), and self-addressed envelope (#10) to:
WINNER of Goodguys 2015-2016 Giveaway Contest for the Goodguys 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster
P. O. Box 9132
Pleasanton, CA 94566
THANK YOU FOR BEING A GOODGUYS CONTESTANT AND GOOD LUCK!