General Mills – Betty Crocker 25th Cookie – Win a trip to Minneapolis
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. The Betty Crocker 25th Cookie Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry.
You are not eligible to enter and will be disqualified if:
• You have previously won the Grand Prize in a Betty Crocker 25th Cookie Sweepstakes.
• You or a member of your immediate family (parent, children, siblings, spouse, regardless of where they live) are an employee of General Mills or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, or any promotion, advertising, judging or public relations company doing business with any of the above, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, or you live in the same household of such employees (whether related or not).
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins on November 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”), ends on November 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”), and consists of four (4) voting periods (each an “Voting Phase”) as outlined below.
Start Date (at 9:00 a.m. CT)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. CT)
November 2, 2018
November 8, 2018
November 9, 2018
November 15, 2018
November 16, 2018
November 22, 2018
November 23, 2018
November 28, 2018
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. There are 4 ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Each existing subscriber to the Betty Crocker 24 Days of Cookies daily email newsletter (the “Newsletter”) will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Newsletter Entry”) for the Promotional Period.
Each new subscriber who subscribes during the Promotion Period will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Newsletter Entry”) for the Promotional Period. You can sign up for the Newsletter on the Sweepstakes Site or on the 24 Days of Cookies registration page https://www.bettycrocker.com/register/24-days-of-cookies.
During each Voting Phase of the Promotion Period, visit: https://www.bettycrocker.com/coupons-promotions/sweepstakes/25th-cookie/enter (the “Sweepstakes Site”) to vote for your favorite 25th Cookie recipe candidate. Then, complete and submit the entry form within the polling experience to obtain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Voting Entry”). Limit One (1) Voting Entry per person/email address during each Voting Phase.
Receive one (1) entry during the Promotion Period by submitting your favorite recipe-based holiday baking/cookie memory (“Memory Entry”). Limit of 3,000 characters per Memory Entry and one (1) Memory Entry per person/email address. The Memory Entry is optional and will not increase your chances of winning.
Limit four (4) Voting Entries (one Voting Entry allowed in each Voting Phase), one (1) Newsletter Entry per person/email address during the Promotional Period and one (1) Memory Entry per person/email address during the Promotional Period for a maximum of six (6) entries per person/email address during the Promotion Period.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. Potential Winners Selection. Administrator will select one (1) potential grand prize winner and twenty-five (25) potential first prize winners (each a “Potential Winner”, collectively “Potential Winners”) at random on or about November 30th, 2018 from all eligible Voting Entries and Newsletter entries received. Potential Winners will be notified at the email address consistent with the Potential Winner’s entry on or about December 3, 2018. By entering, you grant permission to be contacted by Sponsor by mail, email or telephone in connection with the Sweepstakes. You must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A Potential Winner is not an official winner (“Official Winner”) until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and Potential Winner has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. If Sweepstakes Site fails for any reason, any Entry during that time will be deemed a defective Entry and is void and will not be honored.
5. Verification of Potential Winners. In addition to the releases and other requirements forth within these Official Rules, each Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (collectively an “Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within two (2) days of the notice. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she refuses his/her prize for any reason, that Potential Winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize Winner and one guest will receive a trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota to visit the Mall of America and receive a once-in-a-lifetime baking experience in the Betty Crocker Kitchens. Trip must be taken by winner and guest December 10, 2018 through December 14, 2018.
Trip details: (A) Two (2) round trip coach airfare tickets to Minneapolis, MN, valued at $800 per ticket. Total airfare ARV is $1,600; (B) a Betty Crocker Kitchens Holiday Experience on December 12, 2018 that includes baking holiday cookies in the Betty Crocker Kitchens with Betty Crocker recipe experts, ARV is $1,400.00; (C) Two (2) nights of accommodation at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one (1) room occupancy for 2 people). Hotel ARV is $400; (D) One (1) $500 Mall of America gift card towards a shopping experience at the Mall of America, ARV $500.00; (E) Local Ground Transportation, ARV $300.00; and (F) One American Express gift card to cover meals and other expenses, ARV $200.00 Total Value of Grand Prize is $4,400.00
If Grand Prize Winner resides within a reasonable proximity of Minneapolis, Minnesota, in lieu of the round-trip air transportation portion of the trip, Sponsor may choose to provide Winner with round-trip ground transportation of Sponsor’s choice between Grand Prize Winner’s residence and hotel. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the approximate retail value for the trip. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Travel is subject to availability. Grand Prize Winner must possess United States government-approved travel documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the trip. Except as indicated, all taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including the presentation of a major credit card. Unused components of the trip have no redeemable cash value. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in a Category Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel must be roundtrip. Any unclaimed and/or unused trip elements will be forfeited and will remain the property of General Mills. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these official rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for substantiated disabilities at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guests engage in behavior that (as determined by General Mills in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, General Mills reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guests home with no further compensation.
Twenty-five (25) First Prize Winners will receive one randomly-selected Betty Crocker Cookbook Valued at $19.99. Total ARV of all First Prizes is $499.75.
Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible Entries received. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. The Official Winner’s is responsible for all (if any) federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Limit: One (1) prize per person/email address. Total ARV of all prizes is $4,899.75
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. You also agree that your Memory Entry becomes the sole property of General Mills, and General Mills reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of it, without compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt, or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
CAUTION — ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://www.bettycrocker.com/coupons-promotions/sweepstakes/25th-cookie/rules. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426.
Administrator: Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., 1105 SE 8th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55745 (“Administrator”)