Gannett USA Today – Ad Meter Big Game – Win will be awarded the following prize package 1.
AD METER BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ENTRY FEE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NAME OF SWEEPSTAKES
Ad Meter Big Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
1. Gannett Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries, 175 Sully’s Trail, Pittsford, New York 14534 (“Gannett”); and
2. The National Football Museum DBA Pro Football Hall of Fame (“PFHOF”), 2121 George Halas Drive, Canton, Ohio 44708
Gannett and PFHOF will together be referred to throughout these rules as “Sponsors”.
Start Date: 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 20, 2021
End Date: 1:00 a.m. ET on February 8, 2021
(the “Entry Period”).
Gannett shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
1. The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who (a) are legal residents and physically reside within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or Guam and (b) are eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority (19 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi) at the time of entry (each, the “Entrant”, or, collectively, the “Entrants”).
2. Employees, contractors or interns of Gannett, PFHOF, and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies (including, in each case, immediate family members) are eligible to register on Ad Meter and participate in rating advertisements during the Big Game, but are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the Football Prize Package (as defined below) in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. During the Entry Period, an Entrant should go online to the following website: admeter.usatoday.com(the “Website”) and follow the prompts to complete and submit the registration form for Ad Meter and electronically agree to these Official Rules (each, the “Entry”, or, collectively, the “Entries”). By completing the registration form for Ad Meter and submitting an Entry, the Entrant is affirming his/her agreement to the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
2. An Entrant is allowed one (1) Entry in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors shall have the right, at any time and in their sole discretion, to immediately disqualify any Entrant that the Sponsors suspect
to be tampering with Entries, participation process, operation of the Sweepstakes or otherwise. Any attempt to enter this Sweepstakes by using different email addresses, usernames, identities, or otherwise, or not complying with these Official Rules and Entry Period dates, may disqualify such Entrant and may void any Entry made by such Entrant. Each Entrant may use only one (1) e-mail address in this Sweepstakes. All Entries that are in excess of the stated limits may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at the Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. The Sponsors reserve the right to void all Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanically programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any Entrant using such method.
3. Entries for the Sweepstakes will not be accepted through e-mail, facsimile, postal mail, express delivery service or hand-delivery to the offices of any one of the Sponsors participating in this Sweepstakes or elsewhere. Registration through Ad Meter is the only way to enter the Sweepstakes.
4. The Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, tampered with, deleted or misdirected Entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunctions or other error. Assurance of delivery of the Entry is the sole responsibility of the Entrant.
5. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval from the Entrant.
SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER – RANDOM DRAWING
One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) from all eligible Entries received by Sponsors by 1:00 a.m. ET on February 8, 2021 (the “Deadline Date”). Any Entries received after the Deadline Date will not be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing. The Grand Prize Drawing will be conducted by Sponsors on or around February 8, 2021.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries (as defined above) received by Sponsors by the Deadline Date.
FOOTBALL PRIZE PACKAGE
The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded the following prize package (the “Football Prize Package”):
1. Two (2) tickets for the 56th Super Bowl game scheduled to occur February 6, 2022 at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California (the “Game”) for use by the Grand Prize Winner and the guest of the Grand Prize Winner (the “Guest”) . The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each ticket to the Game is $4,000.00;
2. Two (2) tickets to the Merlin Olsen luncheon. The ARV of each ticket is $1,250.00;
3. Two (2) tickets to the VIP Tailgate Party. The ARV of each ticket is $899.00;
4. $1,800.00 stipend ($900.00 per airline ticket) for round-trip coach-class air transportation for
the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest originating from and concluding at the commercial airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s primary residence within the continental United States to an airport in or around Inglewood, California. If the Grand Prize Winner lives within two hundred (200) miles from Inglewood, California, ground transportation may be substituted in lieu of air transportation at the sole discretion of the Sponsors; and
5. Four (4) nights of hotel room accommodations (one-room, double–occupancy) at a hotel chosen by Sponsors in or around Inglewood, California for the dates February 3, 2022 (check-in) until February 7, 2022 (check-out). The ARV of these hotel accommodations is $2,155.00
FOOTBALL PRIZE PACKAGE CONDITIONS
1. The actual retail value of the Football Prize Package being awarded in this Sweepstakes may vary depending on the Grand Prize Winner’s residence, market conditions, date/time of arrival, changes in value of components (e.g. air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. Sponsors are not responsible for and the Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference between the actual value of the Football Prize Package at the time of award and the stated ARV.
2. The Football Prize Package does not include ground transportation between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and major gateway airport, upgrades, travel insurance, meals, in-room charges (e.g. mini-bar, movies), alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, merchandise, souvenirs, personal expenses, laundry service, spa treatments, tips and gratuities, incidental charges, parking or any other item not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
3. Air travel is subject to restrictions stated on the informational packet that will be included with the prize package. The Grand Prize Winner and the Guest must travel on the same itinerary, including departure date and return date, and travel must be roundtrip. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change and outside the control of the Sponsors. The Grand Prize Winner and the Guest are solely responsible for determining and obtaining, at his/her own expense, required travel documents. Certain travel and security restrictions may apply and it is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest to comply with all travel, security and other laws, regulations, and airline passenger rules that apply to them. The Sponsors are not responsible for airline cancellations, blackout dates, delays, diversions or substitutions and no refund or compensation will be awarded in any such event. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Football Prize Package are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other Sweepstakes benefit.
4. If ground transportation is substituted in lieu of air transportation, the Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference between the value of the air transportation and the ground transportation.
5. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
6. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in or prior thereto and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card (subject to terms and conditions of the hotel). Any damage to the room, and/or any other venue related to the prize, attributed to the Grand Prize Winner and/or the Guest will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize
Winner. Sponsors are not responsible for the availability or proper functioning of any hotel feature or amenity and no credit or compensation will be awarded by Sponsors with respect thereto.
7. Selection of any game or event seating assignment is at Sponsors’ sole discretion. The terms and conditions of the tickets, passes or vouchers (collectively, the “Tickets’) awarded as prizes will govern in the event the event or game does not happen due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance, a public health emergency, epidemic, pandemic or any other reason. Unused Tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged, or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years, except in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
8. Minor children may accompany the Grand Prize Winner as the Guest only if the minor’s parent or legal guardian is the Grand Prize Winner. The minor must be accompanied at all times during the trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Sponsors are not responsible if all or any portion of the Football Prize Package is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, including, but not limited to an epidemic, pandemic, public health emergency or quarantine, in which event that portion of the Football Prize Package is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided, except in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
10. If the Grand Prize Winner elects to partake in the Football Prize Package with no Guest, the remaining elements of the Football Prize Package shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsors’ prize obligation, and no additional compensation will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
11. Sponsors are not responsible or liable in any manner if the Grand Prize Winner or the Guest is unable to accept or use all or any portion of the Football Prize Package due to failure to qualify or comply with these Official Rules or any law, regulation or other rules that apply to acceptance, receipt or use of the Football Prize Package.
12. The Football Prize Package cannot be transferred or substituted, except in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value should the featured prize, or any elements thereof, become unavailable.
13. The Football Prize Package has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash at any time.
14. No compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired Tickets. Sponsors are not responsible for replacing lost, stolen, mutilated or expired Tickets. Fulfillment of the Tickets is the sole responsibility of the venue, not Sponsors. The Tickets must be surrendered upon redemption and no photocopies or reproductions will be honored. If the Grand Prize Winner is caught scalping Tickets, he or she will be ejected from the venue and this will result in the Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification from this and all future sweepstakes and contests of Sponsors. The resale or auction of prizes or Tickets of Sponsors will result in the Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification from all future sweepstakes and contests of Sponsors.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours after the Grand Prize Drawing in accordance with the contact information supplied by the Entrant at the time of entry (the “Prize Notification”). If the potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond to the Prize Notification within three (3) business days after the Prize Notification, Sponsors may select an alternate winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries, according to these Official Rules.
The Grand Prize Winner and the Guest must sign and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (and any other documentation required by Sponsors in their sole discretion) within five (5) business days following the date of first attempted notification in order to be eligible to accept the Football Prize Package. Failure to sign and return to Sponsors such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification, in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
In the event the potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting the Football Prize Package will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one (1) year period will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
In connection with the Sweepstakes entry process, Sponsors will be collecting personal data about Entrants on their websites in accordance with each of their privacy policies (each, the “Policy”, and, collectively, the “Policies”), and each Entrant should review these Policies. By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Entrant hereby agrees to Sponsors’ collection and usage of the Entrant’s personal information and the Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read and accepted the Policies. When an Entrant enters this Sweepstakes as directed in these Official Rules, he/she may be asked to consent to receive Sweepstakes emails and reminders for upcoming Sweepstakes and information about Sponsors. Consenting to receive such emails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes and does not improve the Entrant’s chances of winning the Football Prize Package. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the Entrant’s consent to Sponsors’ use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, entry, and state of residence for Sweepstakes purposes in any media without further payment or consideration to the Entrant, unless prohibited by law.
GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS
1. By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are binding and final, and release Sponsors, and each of their divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Sweepstakes, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages
(including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
2. The potential Grand Prize Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorneys fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize.
3. Sponsors cannot guarantee that the Grand Prize Winner and/or the Guest will not become infected with COVID-19 in connection with acceptance and use of the Football Prize Package, which includes travel, and which could increase the Grand Prize Winner’s and the Guest’s risk of contracting COVID-19. By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest each acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk that the Grand Prize Winner and/or the Guest may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 in connection with acceptance of the Football Prize Package and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death.
4. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to Sponsors as undeliverable, if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing, according to these Official Rules. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given.
5. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness and/or statements attributed to winner regarding the Sweepstakes, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent.
6. All entries become the property of Sponsors.
7. This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
8. It is each Entrant’s responsibility to enter in the appropriate manner. Each Entrant is responsible for all costs or charges involved in accessing the Website and warrants that the cost of accessing the Website, if any, is part of a larger agreement with an Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) or some other means, and that the cost of this access is not an incremental cost. If for any reason the internet portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to February 8, 2021, the winner will be drawn at days-end from eligible Entries received up to the time of cancellation. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of
any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any material in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an ISP, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such devices will cause disqualification. Collection and use of personally identifiable information will be in accordance with each of the Sponsors Privacy Policies as posted on each of their websites.
9. Any and all decisions of Sponsors regarding the Sweepstakes are final.
10. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, the Entrant will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
11. Sponsors and each of their affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
12. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select the Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on Sponsors websites.
13. Sponsors may prohibit any Entrant or potential Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such Entrant or potential Entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
14. Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. An Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes after the posting date of revised Sweepstakes rules signifies notice and agreement to the revised Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
NAME OF WINNER
To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner, contact Rebecca Capparelli, Vice President of Promotions, at email@example.com by March 1, 2021.
QUESTIONS For any questions related to this Sweepstakes, please contact Sweepstakes@gannett.com.
The names of companies, products and logos are used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any company, or the inclusion of a product or service as a prize does not imply any association with or endorsement by such company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.