Frito-Lay – Say Yes To Summer – Win a share of $2,194,270 in trips, gift cards and instant win prizes
SAY YES TO SUMMER INSTANT-WIN GAME OFFICIAL RULES
THIS GAME IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SAY YES TO SUMMER INSTANT-WIN GAME (“GAME”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only to legal residents of any of the 48 contiguous U.S. states or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Southwest Airlines Co., Pandora Media, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, prize providers, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Game (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Game).
2. GAME PERIOD: Game begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on May 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 14, 2017 (“Game Period”). The Game Period is divided into eight (8) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the table below. The computer of Sponsor’s Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Game.
Entry Period Start Date/Time End Date/Time
1 05/15/17, 12:00:00 p.m. CT 05/21/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
2 05/22/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 05/28/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
3 05/29/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 06/04/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
4 06/05/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 06/11/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
5 06/12/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 06/18/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
6 06/19/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 06/25/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
7 06/26/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 07/02/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
8 07/03/17, 12:00:00 a.m. CT 07/14/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Game Period, you may participate in one of the following manners:
(a) To play by making a purchase and “Shazamming”, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Purchase any specially-marked Frito Lay single serve product available at participating locations (while supplies last) and either (a) Shazam the code on the top of the front of the bag or on the back of the bag as indicated (using the Shazam app) with your smart phone or web-enabled device to be redirected to SayYesToSummer.com (the “Web Site”) OR (b) simply visit the Web Site. If you do not have the Shazam app, you can download it for free at www.shazam.com/apps.
Step 2 – Enter the bell-marker code (“Code”) located below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the bag.
Step 3 – Follow the online instructions to create an online account to include your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Date of Birth and Zip Code. OR, Login if you’ve already created an account.
Step 4 – Select your “Summer Moment”. Summer Moment choices include: Active Sports; Camping and Outdoors; Beach; and Family Fun Night (each a “Summer Moment”). Each time you submit a Play (defined in Step 5), you are playing for a chance to win a prize corresponding to your Summer Moment choice or a General Summer Prize. See Section 4 for a list of prizes.
Step 5 – “Scratch off” the bubble to reveal if you are the winner of a prize (subject to verification) (a “Play”). If your smart phone, web-enabled device or computer screen displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the indicated prize (subject to verification). If your smart phone, web-enabled device or computer screen displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of a prize.
Message and data rates may apply if participating via a smart phone or other web-enabled device. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges.
Participants submitting a Play via this method must have a valid email address. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to notify Sponsor in writing if the participant changes his or her email address during the Game Period.
(b) To play without making a purchase, call toll-free 1-888-797-3949, follow the automated instructions to choose your Summer Moment and play for a chance to win a prize (also a “Play”). Callers will be required to provide their phone number, including their area code, and date of birth (as two digits for month, two digits for day, and four digits for year) to verify eligibility. All calls must be made from a phone number with an area code within one of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. If you are a prize winner, you will hear a voice message indicating that you have won (subject to verification). The message will also provide next steps on how to claim your prize. If you are not a winner of a prize, you will hear a voice message indicating that you did not win a prize.
Randomly-selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the “Judges”), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator’s computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time) will win a prize (subject to verification). Limit one (1) Play per day per person/email address/phone number, regardless of method of playing.A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT with the exception of the first day of the Game Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. All Plays must be properly received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize.
Multiple participants may not share the same email address or phone number. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or phone number associated with the winning Play and/or an eligible participant. Each Play must be manually submitted by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related phone numbers may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple phone numbers, email addresses and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Plays, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all Plays shall be deemed invalid and/or prize shall be forfeited. In the event of an identity dispute, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address or phone number used to submit a Play.
4. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Prizes are listed as follows: Total Prize Quantity / Prize Description / Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”).
Active Sports Summer Moment Prizes:
8 total; 2 prizes will be awarded for Entry Period 1, Entry Period 2, Entry Period 3 and Entry Period 4. / PGA Championship Trip Prize – Two (2) night stay (August 11, 2017 and August 12, 2017) for winner and winner’s guest at Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, NC; two (2) Wanamaker Club passes (including food and beverage vouchers; as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) for August 12, 2017 and August 13, 2017 at the PGA Championship. In the event of the 2017 PGA Championship is cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to inclement weather, the Wanamaker Club passes and food and beverage vouchers will not be awarded and no further compensation will be provided. Travel dates: August 11, 2017 – August 13, 2017. ARV: $3,350.00 each. Winner may take a cash alternative of $2,680.00 in lieu of the above-stated prize. NOTE: If the 2017 PGA Championship is cancelled after any travel arrangements/costs have been incurred; only the air transportation and accommodations portion of the prize shall be awarded.
Camping and Outdoors Summer Moment Prizes:
8 total; 1 prize will be awarded for each Entry Period. / Breckenridge Trip Prize – Two (2) night stay for the winner and winner’s guest at an official Breckenridge Resort Hotel*; two (2) 2-day Epic Discovery Adventure Passes to Breckenridge; a $50.00 dining voucher redeemable at Ski Hill Grill; and $200.00 spending money. ARV: $3,400.00 each. Winner may take a cash alternative of $2,720.00 in lieu of the above-stated prize.
*Official Breckenridge Resort Hotels include: Crystal Peak, Double Tree by Hilton, Mountain Thunder Lodge, One Ski Hill Place, The Village Hotel, The Village at Breckenridge. Lodging is subject to availability; and only accommodations not exceeding $300.00 per night are available as part of this prize package. Winner must confirm lodging dates at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. Dining voucher does not include alcohol and gratuity not included. Prize package is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prize package must be redeemed through Sponsor’s selected agency and used between July 15, 2017 – October 31, 2017. Lodging blackout dates apply and include: September 1, 2017 through September 4, 2017. Certain activities and Epic Discovery Adventure Passes only available during certain dates; check with the Breckenridge location prior to planning your trip for availability. If Epic Discovery Adventure Passes are not awarded due to dates selected by winner, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and Sponsor has no further obligation with regards to this portion of the prize.
Beach Summer Moment Prizes:
8 total; one (1) prize will be awarded for each Entry Period. / Two (2) $400.00 Southwestgift cards®. A Southwest gift card® is redeemable at southwest.com, 1-800-I-FLY-SWA, or at a Southwest Airlines ticket counter for air travel and other qualifying products and services. A complete set of terms and conditions is available at Southwest.com. Gift card is nonrefundable and not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by law. Gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Protect the card like cash. For balance check, call 1-866-393-2081. Activation or use of Southwest gift card® constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions on southwest.com. ARV: $800.00 each. Winner may take a cash alternative of $640.00 in lieu of the above-stated prize.
Family Fun Summer Moment Prizes:
4 total; 1 prize will be awarded for Entry Period 1, Entry Period 3, Entry Period 5, and Entry Period 7. / Gaylord Hotels® Resort Trip Prize – Three (3) night stay for the winner and winner’s guest to winner’s choice of one of these Gaylord Hotels® resort locations: Orlando, FL; Nashville, TN; National Harbor, MD; or Grapevine, TX; and $300.00 spending money. Hotel stay must be completed within twelve (12) months of the winner verification date. ARV: Up to $3,900.00 each. Winner may take a cash alternative of $3,120.00 in lieu of the above-stated prize.
4 total; 1 prize will be awarded for Entry Period 2, Entry Period 4, Entry Period 6, and Entry Period 8. / One (1) $1,500.00 Chuck E. Cheese’s Gift Card. All Chuck E. Cheese Gift Card terms and conditions apply. Chuck E. Cheese Gift Cards awarded are subject to the FAQs, available at https://chuckecheese.cashstar.com/about/faq/. Winner may take a cash alternative of $1,200.00 in lieu of the above-stated prize.
12,500 / 25 tickets for Chuck E Cheese’s awarded in the form of a coupon. $ .25 each (each ticket is worth $ .01).
General Summer Prizes (to be awarded across all Summer Moment categories):
100 / 2,500 Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® points. Conditions of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points apply. Potential winners will need to provide their Rapid Rewards account number to collect their prize. Southwest shall determine how to points are awarded. Rapid Rewards points prizes do not count toward any increased or improved status in the Rapid Rewards Program, including any Southwest Airlines Companion Pass or Tier Status designation (e.g., A-List or A-List Preferred). Rapid Rewards points awarded are subject to the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations, available at http://www.southwest.com/rrterms. Rapid Rewards points have no cash value and are void if sold, purchased, brokered or bartered. ARV: $33.75 each.
77,482 / One (1) coupon for one (1) hour of free play at Topgolf. Applies only to the Topgolf venues located in the United States, excluding Las Vegas. All coupon terms and conditions apply. Must be redeemed from open to 12:00 (noon) any day of the week no later than December 31, 2017. ARV: $25.00 each.
67,488 / One (1) 2-week Pandora Plus code. Subject to terms and conditions as set by Pandora and expires December 31, 2017. ARV: $2.50 each.
Applicable to all Trip Prizes (PGA Championship Trip Prize; Breckenridge Trip Prize; and Gaylord Hotels® Resort Trip Prize): Trip consists of round-trip air transportation (from major airport nearest winner’s home), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for the number of stated nights, and ground transportation to/from airport and hotel in destination city. If winner cannot travel on the dates specified (or by the dates specified), prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and change. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein as part of the prize are solely winner’s responsibility. All travel subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to airline flights) beyond its control. In the event winner and/or the guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. passport or valid driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete and return a Liability/Travel Release at least seven (7) days prior to the prize-award date. Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
Gift cards/vouchers are subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Spending money, if applicable, shall be awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner.
For all prizes: Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. Odds of winning: 1 in 5.Total ARV of all prizes is $2,194,270.00. Limit one (1) Summer Moment Prize (regardless of Summer Moment category) and one (1) General Summer Prize per person/household.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Game or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Game. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Game: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Game, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Game, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Game. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Game.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian. Potential winners will be notified instantly with a Prize Confirmation notice on screen during their online session at the Web Site or by the automated operator if participating via the toll-free number. The notification will provide instructions on how to claim their prize (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). Each winner must claim his/her prize within seventy-two (72) hours or prize may be forfeited. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification as indicated on the Affidavit. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant’s phone number, email address, and/or mailing address. If (i) an attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, (ii) winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the prize-winning message, (iii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (iv) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (v) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the applicable prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be shipped within 8-10 weeks of winner verification. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Game, participants (or participant’s parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) release Sponsor and Promotion Parties, Southwest Airlines Co., and Pandora Media, Inc. from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant’s participation in the Game. By accepting a prize, recipients (or parent or legal guardian if recipient is an eligible minor) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Game; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or travel thereto, and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that programming, production, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
8. DISCLAIMER: Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Code, while supplies last. Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Game is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the process of submitting a Play, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Game. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Game is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 18, 2017 to: Say Yes to Summer Instant-Win Game Winner’s List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 865-796, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2017 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.