Frito-Lay – Dreamwention – Win a Winner Prize valued at $250,000 OR 1 of 5 Finalist prizes of $10,000 each
SPONSORED BY FRITO-LAY, INC.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEMDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. Submission Period: The “Dreamvention” contest (“Contest”) submission period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on February 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 24, 2017 (“Submission Period”). The voting period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on October 23, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM on November 20, 2017 (“Voting Period”). The Submission Period through the Voting Period will collectively be referred to herein as the (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping devise for this Contest. All submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on April 24, 2017. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Promotion are final.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to persons legally residing in, and physically located within, one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least seven (7) years of age at time of entry. IF AN ENTRANT IS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 7 AND 13, THEIR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN, WHO MUST ALSO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, MUST ENTER THE CONTEST ON THEIR BEHALF AS THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST ON THEIR OWN. Entrants must not be a party to any agreement that might present a conflict or interfere with entrant’s participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is under any agreement which Sponsor deems to be in conflict with Contest.
MANY WILL ENTER – FEW WILL WIN
Employees, agents, and directors of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Frito-Lay” or “Sponsor”), and The Marketing Arm Inc., (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies, and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Contest (“Contest Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants acknowledge and agree that nothing in this Contest or Official Rules is intended to create or give rise to any employment relationship and entrant should not have any expectations of employment at entry, during or at the conclusion of Contest or during Prize participation.
By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Contest, the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize(s) (hereinafter defined), traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, trade secrets, misappropriation of ideas, patent infringement, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. To Enter: Visit www.mydreamvention.com and: (i) complete the Contest entry form and agree to the Contest Official Rules; and (ii) submit an original concept conceived by you (and/or on behalf of the child your entering on behalf of) of a unique and novel invention (or a unique and novel improvement of an existing invention) (“Dreamvention”) by: (a) providing a name for your Dreamvention; (b) uploading a photograph depicting a drawing, sketch or rendering of your Dreamvention and/or creating an online diagram of your Dreamvention by using the online drawing tool provided; and (iii) providing a written statement that: describes an explanation for their inspiration, the Dreamvention’s key features and advantages, states the problem that is solved by the Dreamvention (or in the case of an improvement of an existing invention-the reason(s) why your Dreamvention is superior), and an explanation of what is illustrated in the photograph submitted and submit as requested to receive one (1) submission into the Contest. Only fully completed submission forms are eligible. Written statement must not exceed two-hundred (200) words. Photograph file size must not exceed 10 MB and must be in one of the following formats: jpg or png. Written statements must not exceed 500 characters. All contents of submission must be in the in the English language. Submissions must be in compliance with the Submission Guidelines specified in Section 4 herein.
All contents of entrants’ submissions, including but not limited to, concept, content, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes, programs, hereinafter referred to as (“Submission” or “Submissions”).
No personal information, including, but not limited to, name (other than name being included in entrant’s Contest entry form), image, likeness of any person is to be included or referred to in the Submissions. All contents of Submissions must be in compliance with the Submission Guidelines specified in Section 4 herein.
Entrants must also be prepared to submit additional materials at the request of Sponsor, including but not limited to, additional formats or a further description of Submission or its capabilities if necessary.
During the Contest entry process, entrants will have the opportunity, if applicable, to indicate the school that they, or their child if they are a parent/legal guardian entering on behalf of an entrant, are enrolled in and attending at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules “school” is defined as any public, private or charter K-12 educational institution based in one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia. At the end of the Contest Period Sponsor will tabulate the schools associated, if any, with the Eligible Submissions and the ten (10) schools associated with the most students that entered an Eligible Submission into Contest will each be awarded $5,000 (pending verification and the completion of any required tax forms). In order for a school to be considered as one of the ten (10) schools, it must have at least more than one (1) entrant associated with an Eligible Submission enrolled and attending that school.
There is a limit of five (5) Submissions per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than five (5) Submissions, only five (5) Submissions will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Submission, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email account during the Contest Period. The “authorized account subscriber” for online submissions is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
Entrants understand and acknowledge that: (i) proprietary rights in and to inventions, discoveries, concepts and ideas are governed by the patent, trademark, copyright, other intellectual property rights and other applicable laws of the United States and other countries and by the trade secret, trademark and other intellectual property rights and other applicable laws of various states; (ii) disclosure of the Submission as part of your participation in Contest may adversely affect your or your child’s ability to obtain, secure and/or maintain proprietary rights under the patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, other intellectual property rights and other applicable laws of the United States, other countries and various states; (iii) it is entrant’s sole responsibility to evaluate all potential adverse consequences of entrant and/or entrant’s child’s participation in Contest and to obtain legal advice and consultation as necessary in connection with all such potential adverse consequences, including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, other intellectual property rights and other laws and entrant’s legal rights related to entrant and/or entrant’s child’s participation in Contest.
Entrant, and/or their child, understand and acknowledge that the evaluation, preparation, filing, prosecution and maintenance of patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right applications with respect to the Submission are your sole responsibility and that Sponsor, its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns do not assume and hereby expressly disclaim, any responsibility, obligation or liability whatsoever with respect to the evaluation, preparation, filing, prosecution and/or maintenance of any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right application with respect to the Submission.
Entrant represents and warrants that entrant and/or their child, (if applicable) have had an opportunity to discuss the potential adverse consequences associated with entrant, or entrant’s child’s, participation in the Contest in addition to patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, other intellectual property right and other applicable laws, with entrant’s own independent legal counsel and that entrant, and entrant’s child (if applicable) knowingly and voluntarily accept any and all risks with respect thereto.
Entrant, and/or their child, understand and acknowledge that Sponsor and its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns make no representation or warranty, either express or implied, and that Sponsor and its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns hereby expressly disclaim any representation and warranty, express or implied, with respect to entrant and/or entrant’s child’s participation in Contest or the Submission, including, without limitation, the novelty, non-obviousness, usefulness, uniqueness, or patentability of the Submission, and you agree that no such representation or warranty shall be implied as a result of the fact that you may be considered as a an entrant and a possible Finalist and/or Winner (both hereinafter defined) as the result of entrant and/or entrant’s child’s participation in Contest.
Entrant covenants and agrees that entrant and/or their child (if applicable) will not, either directly or indirectly, initiate, maintain or prosecute, or in any way knowingly aid or assist in the initiation, maintenance or prosecution of, any claim, demand or cause of action at law or otherwise, against Sponsor or any other Contest Entity, for infringement or misappropriation of any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, intellectual property right, design or technology that is included in the Submission or is disclosed in the course of entrant or entrant’s child’s (if applicable) participation in the Contest. You agree that this covenant will run with title to any patents and will bind any person or entity to whom rights in the patents are assigned or otherwise transferred.
4. Submission Guidelines: Submissions must be the original work of entrant (and/or on behalf of the child your entering on behalf of), must not have been previously published, released commercially or won any awards or be the subject of any patent filing. Any elements appearing in a Submission, including, without limitation, photographs, renderings, sketches, or any other materials, must be entrant’s own original work, created or properly licensed by entrant, or be in the public domain.
Submissions must not feature the name, likeness or other personally identifiable information of any person. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to name, image, likeness, license plates, phone numbers and personal addresses. Submissions must not include, depict or make reference to any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, sexual explicitness, drug or alcohol use, violence, firearms/weapons, instructional information about illegal activities, commercial products or services, unauthorized trade secrets, or patented, copyrighted or trademarked properties, including brand names, logos, or trade dress, private property, material that promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or promotes any particular political agenda or message, material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, false or misleading, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity, patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, idea misappropriation, or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes or programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Further, Submissions must not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false or misleading to a reasonable consumer.
By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the Submission is the original work of the entrant (and/or on behalf of the child your entering on behalf of), that he/she has all rights to the Submission, that the Submission, in whole or in part, has not been released commercially, been previously published, won any awards or is the subject of any patent filing; (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the Submission is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the Submission in the manner authorized in these Official Rules; (iv) the Submission does not infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights or any rights or interests of any third party, or create claims for idea misappropriation or breach of contract, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (v) the Submission is not and will not be defamatory, disparaging libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be a violation of these Official Rules and/or that is not in keeping with the Submission Guidelines specified herein or which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to ask entrant to revise a Submission rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being judged, however such review does not relieve entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Rules.
All Submissions submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Submissions”. Submissions will not be returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of Submission by Sponsor.
5. Use of Submissions: All entrants, whether a Finalist and/or Winner or not, agree that in exchange for their participation in Contest, they grant, and have the full right to grant, Sponsor and its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns the right, but not the obligation, to edit, rearrange, distribute internally translate, combine with other pictures, items and/or materials , and modify Submissions;. In the event an entrant becomes a Finalist then, in addition to the rights granted in the previous sentence, at that time the entrant agrees to grant the assignable, sublicenseable, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to use, exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, adapt, reformat, add to and/or customize, make prototypes of, incorporate into the packaging and packaging design of Sponsor’s products and services encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual and aural elements, and or otherwise exploit, the Submission, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, including any prototypes created of the Submission, including without limitation, using entrant’s name, image, likeness, performance, voice, and any other attributes of entrant, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any manner, including in connection with their products and services, advertising, promoting and publicizing Sponsor, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional notification, permission, liability, obligation, or review or approval by, or additional payment of any kind to entrant or any third party. Entrant warrants that entrant and/or entrant’s child (if applicable) have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns, and that the reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of entrant, or entrant’s child, Submission by Sponsor, its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns, will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or publicity, or any other intellectual property right, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns, will be entitled to retain any and all revenue generated from any sales, license or, assignments of the rights granted by entrant hereunder, as well as any and all revenue generated by the display of any advertising, publicity, promotional materials, or distribution rights in connection with this Contest and/or entrant’s Submission.
Entrants agree to obtain, upon request from Sponsor, any documentation necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all contents of Submission and their right to use Submission as specified in these Official Rules. Entrants also acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall own all right, title and interest, including all copyright ownership, in any derivative works they may create from any element of Submission.
Entrants understand that although entrants may believe their Submission to be unique and novel, there may be pre-existing ideas, concepts, or proposals that are similar to their Submission. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive many Submissions in connection with this Contest and that some Submissions may be very similar in content, idea, theme, or in other respects to other Submissions received or submitted. In addition, entrants acknowledge that the Sponsor may develop information internally that is similar in content, idea, theme or other respects to Submissions and accordingly, nothing in these Official Rules should be construed as a representation or agreement that the Sponsor has not or will not develop or have developed products, concepts or techniques contemplated by or embodied in Submissions and any such similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable. Entrants waive any and all claims entrant may have had, may have and/or may have in the future, that any Submission in this Contest, or any developed product, concept or technique contemplated or embodied by Sponsor is similar to his/her Submission, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
Finalist Prize: The five (5) Finalists will each receive $10,000, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000, each a (“Finalist Prize”).
Winner Prize: The one (1) Winner will receive: (i) a one (1) hour virtual, one-on-one entrepreneurship mentoring session with a celebrity mentor, with an ARV of $10,000; and (ii) $240,000, collectively the (“Winner Prize”). The total ARV of the Winner Prize is $250,000.
The Finalist Prize and the Winner Prize will hereinafter collectively be referred to as (“Prize” or “Prizes”). The total ARV of all of the prizes available to be won is $300,000.
If a Finalist or the Winner has not reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (“Minor”), Sponsor may make payment to such Minor by depositing the amount of the Prize in any bank to the credit of any adult member of the Minor’s family or guardian of the Minor as custodian for such Minor in accordance with the provisions of the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act as adopted in the state where the adult resides or where the account is opened. In such event, Sponsor shall be discharged of all further liability upon payment of Prizes to a Minor in accordance therewith. Sponsor may withhold Prize payment until satisfactory evidence, including, but not limited to, notarized statements, or other evidence of family relationship, guardianship, custodianship, or other matter deemed appropriate, is established on behalf of the Minor.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in Contest, each Finalist and/or the Winner grants the right to Sponsor, and its representative, affiliates, licensees and assigns, to record, film, videotape and photograph the Finalist/Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Finalist or Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or on a Winner’s List or any other lawful purpose, whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
8. Judging for Finalist Determination: All Eligible Submissions will be judged by representatives of Sponsor and Administrator (“Judges”) based on the judging criteria specified herein. The Eligible Submissions will be judged on the following criteria: (i) how compelling is the written statement included as part of Submission (25%); (ii) creativity (25%); (iii) fun factor (25%); and (iv) production feasibility (25%), (“Judging Criteria”). The five (5) Submissions with the highest aggregate scores will each be determined to be a finalist (“Finalist” and collectively “Finalists”). The Judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any entrant and request for entrant to submit additional materials relating to the applicable Submission. The Judges also reserve the right to extend the Submission Period, select more or less Finalists or not to declare any Finalists, if, in their sole discretion, an insufficient number of Eligible Submissions are received and/or the Eligible Submissions do not meet the qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary, the tied Submissions will be re-judged by Judges based on how compelling the written statement is as specified in Judging Criteria (specified above) continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria, in order, as needed to break the tie. The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Contest Entities and Judges disclaim any liability from any entrant and entrants agree to waive any claims against Contest Entities and Judges relating to the judging or awarding process.
9. Finalist Notification: Administrator will make up to three (3) attempts over the seventy-two (72) hour period following Finalist selection to contact the potential Finalists via the telephone number or email address provided on his or her submission form. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly during the seventy-two (72) hour period in which he or she is called or from when email is sent, the potential Finalist will be disqualified and an alternate potential Finalist next in contention for Finalist designation may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Submissions received if time permits. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Finalist in the event that any potential Finalist fails to comply with these Official Rules.
10. Finalist Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Finalist or Winner and to receive the Prize(s), the potential Finalists must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Finalist is a Minor) and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within five (5) calendar days of issuance of such documentation from Administrator or Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Contest Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Finalist’s participation in Contest, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Contest Entities the right to use potential Finalist’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification;(c) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, license, in perpetuity, commencing at Contest entry granting Sponsor and its designees the right to use the Submission as specified herein; and (d) any other release deemed necessary. Entry into Contest constitutes agreement to sign such release(s). If a potential Finalist does not sign this release(s) (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Finalist is a Minor) and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Finalist may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, and the Prize forfeited.
Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Finalists and the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Finalist or Winner in the event that any potential Finalist or Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
By participating in Contest, Finalists acknowledge that Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Finalists (or any parent or legal guardian acting on behalf of a Finalist) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes that Finalists deem appropriate.
11. Public Voting for Winner Determination: During the period of 12:00:00 PM CT on October 23, 2017 through 11:59:59 PM CT on November 20, 2017, the Finalist Submissions will be posted online at www.mydreamvention.com for judging by online viewers (“Online Judges”). Online Judges will be instructed to vote using the same Judging Criteria as set forth in Section 8 herein. Each voter will be limited to a total of one (1) vote per day during each day of the Voting Period. On or about November 23, 2017, the one (1) entrant that submitted the Finalist Submission with the most votes will be determined to be (“Winner”) (pending applicable entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules). The total number of online votes submitted for each Finalist Submission will be tabulated by Administrator. In the event of a tie, the Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion, will determine the Winner based on the Judging Criteria specified in Section 8 herein.
Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify responsible person(s) from further participating or voting in the Promotion. Voting will be subject to the Voting Rules posted on www.mydreamvention.com.
12. Winner Notification: Administrator will make up to three (3) attempts over the seventy-two (72) hour period following Winner selection to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided on his or her submission form. If potential Winner cannot be reached directly during the seventy-two (72) hour period in which he or she is called, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner next in contention for Winner designation may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining Finalists if time permits. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
13. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or around December 31, 2017, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Finalist or Winner. Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Finalist or Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes are solely Winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CONTEST ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online television, print, advertising, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
14. Taxes: Finalists must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. If the actual value of a Prize is over $600, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Finalist/Winner , (or parent/legal guardian if applicable) for the actual value of the Prize awarded. For any Finalist/Winner that is under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside at time of Prize fulfillment, the Prize will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of that Finalist/Winner. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Finalist/Winner (or their parent/legal guardian if applicable).
15. General Terms: Contest Entities are not responsible if Contest cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Contest Entities. If, for any reason Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, lack of significant participation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, including the online voting process or proper conduct of this Contest, including, but not limited to the online voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Contest or any part of the Contest, including the online voting process, and to determine the Finalists and Winner in their sole discretion. If Contest or any part of Contest is terminated or modified prior to the end the Contest Period, notice will be posted on www.mydreamvention.com and the Prizes may be awarded to potential Finalists/Winner to be selected by Sponsor from among all Eligible Submissions received prior to any such event using the Judging Criteria outlined in Section 8 herein. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Contest Period for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify submissions and votes that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, garbled votes or failure to receive votes, or submissions that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the submissions in Contest, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Contest related advertisements. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Contest, errors in processing Submissions, identifying the Finalists or Winner, in the announcement of the Prizes and Finalists and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone, or other portable electronic devise related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Contest. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any submissions received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any submissions or votes received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated submission; (ii) to have tampered with the submission process or the operation of Contest; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Finalist, Winner or Contest Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Contest; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A FINALIST OR WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH FINALIST OR WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A FINALIST OR WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A FINALIST OR WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES: (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY—WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION—BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. THIS CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners) (first name and state) must be made by January 20, 2018. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: “Dreamvention”, #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
17. Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-4099.
18. Administered by: This Contest is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800 Dallas, TX 75201.
All snack-related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2017.
Notice for Intellectual Property Infringement: If you believe that any Submissions or material posted on www.mydreamvention.com infringes upon any patent, copyright or other intellectual property right which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement by following the instructions in Sponsor’s Terms of Service located at http://www.fritolay.com/legal/terms-of-service.htm.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
Contest is open to persons legally residing in, and physically located within, one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least seven (7) years of age at time of entry. IF AN ENTRANT IS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 7 AND 13, THEIR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN, WHO MUST ALSO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, MUST ENTER THE CONTEST ON THEIR BEHALF AS THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST ON THEIR OWN.
Contest submission period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on February 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 24, 2017. The voting period commences at 12:00:00 PM CT on October 23, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on November 20, 2017.
Subject to Official Rules at www.mydreamvention.com. For submission requirements, judging criteria and prize descriptions see Official Rules. Total ARV of Prizes is $300,000.
Sponsor: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-4099.
VOID OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
All snack-related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2017.