Frito-Lay – Doritos Triangle Tryout Tiktok Challenge Contest – Tiktok – Win during the Contest consisting of $5000 (Five-Thousand Dollars) (awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner).
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND PUERTO RICO ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR PUERTO RICO AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
DORITOS TRIANGLE TRYOUT TIKTOK CHALLENGE (“CONTEST”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
This promotion uses TikTok as a means of entry. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered, associated with, or certified by TikTok. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor, and not TikTok. All TikTok logos and trademarks displayed on this promotion are property of TikTok.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen  years of age or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies and companies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three  months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
TIMING: The Contest will consist of four (4) phases, as detailed below:
Contest Entry Period: Begins at or about 09:00:00 AM CT on January 9, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on January 11, 2023
Finalist Judging Period: Begins at or about 9:00:00 AM CT on January 13, 2023 and ends at or about 02:00:00 PM CT on January 13, 2023
Finalist Video Entry Period: Begins at or about 12:00:00 AM CT on January 14, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 AM CT on January 17, 2023
Grand Prize Winner Announcement: The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about January 17, 2023
Data rates may apply if the participant submits an Entry with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider’s network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for your Entry to be posted on https://www.Doritos.com, https://www.tiktok.com/@doritos, https://twitter.com/Doritos, https://www.instagram.com/doritos/, https://www.facebook.com/DoritosUSA/, or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGTGlZDAATNAAXINMLj4jgw, or any other channels at the sole discretion of Sponsor in perpetuity. You agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Promotion Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
ENTRIES POSTED TO ANY OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES (IF ANY) WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to participants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the work submitted (except for the original dance pinned in the original hashtag challenge on the original Doritos post) is original to you and that neither it nor its contents infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. If your Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains any elements not owned by you (such as, but not limited to, company logos) you must be able to provide legal releases for each such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor or your Entry will be disqualified. Entries may not defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor Entries. Each participant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on www.Doritos.com/TriangleTryout.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, please follow the notification guidelines as stated herein. Frito-Lay North America, Inc. investigates notices of alleged infringement and takes appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”). Frito-Lay’s Designated Agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement is: By Mail: Jeanette Zimmer, 7701 Legacy Drive, , Plano, Texas 75024. By Email: Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice of claimed infringement must include the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). Under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
Contains any individual other than you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, songs, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media), without permission;
Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
Appears to duplicate any other submitted contest entries;
Defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
Contains any sensitive personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
Features or refers to any food products other than Doritos® brand snacks;
Violates any law;
Includes any music except for the pre-approved music provided on the #DoritosTriangleTryout hashtag challenge and @vibin.wit.tay’s video pinned at the top of the hashtag challenge. (“Pre-approved Music”). Pre-approved Music may not be altered, other than being shortened to fit in the Entry. Use of any unauthorized music in your Entry may result in disqualification of Entry, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and/or
Does not comply with TikTok’s Terms of Service (available at https://www.tiktok.com/legal/terms-of-service).
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry is original to you, that the Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and that neither it nor its contents infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive other Entries under this Promotion that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by you, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, in connection with any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor that may be identical or similar to your Entry and you understand that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of Sponsor’s use of such other similar or identical material.
4. FINALIST JUDGING: Begins at or about 9:00:00 AM CT on January 13, 2023 and ends at or about 02:00:00 PM CT on January 13, 2023. The judging panel, selected by the Sponsor, will score each Entry up to the maximum amount of points allowed. Judging will be based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Criteria 1 (20%) – Doritos® brand representation
Criteria 2 (25%) – Degree of buzzworthy, trendy, and share worthy content
Criteria 3 (30%) – Performance quality and/or quality of content
Criteria 4 (25%) – Creativity and originality
5. FINALIST SELECTION: The three (3) Entries with the highest overall scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential finalists (“the Finalists”) and will move on to the next round of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to choose fewer Finalists than the stated number of positions, in its sole discretion, if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. In the event of a tie for the last Finalist spot, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria, in order, as needed to break the tie.
6. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: Potential Finalists will receive notification from the Sponsor via TikTok Direct Message by January 13, 2023 or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The potential Finalist must provide their entry video file and affidavit to Sponsor by 12 PM CT on January 16, 2023 or he/she will not be considered a Finalist.
7. FINALIST VIDEO SUBMISSION: Sponsor to provide commercial dance for Finalist by 10:00 PM CT on January 13, 2023. Finalist to record a new video with the commercial dance provided by Sponsor, to share with Sponsor directly by 12 PM CT on January 16, 2023. Video must have Finalist doing the dance provided by Sponsor, and it must be shot with a phone in vertical format. Finalists will not share this video publicly.
8. GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: One (1) Finalist will be judged following the Judging Criteria and determined by Sponsor and/or its agents and will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. In the event of a tie for the last Grand Prize spot, the tie will be broken by the Sponsor based on the highest score in the Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria, in order, as needed to break the tie. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
9. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will receive notification from the Sponsor via TikTok Direct Message within three (3) days of the Winner selection or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The potential Winner will also be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release. All forms must be completed, signed, and returned to Sponsor within five (5) days of date of issuance. If such potential Winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if a potential Winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if a potential Winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit, and an alternate may be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
10. PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded during the Contest, consisting of $5,000 (Five-Thousand Dollars) (awarded in the form of a check, payable to the winner).
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $5,000 USD
Two (2) remaining Finalists will receive each receive $500 (Five-Hundred Dollars) (awarded in the form of a check, payable to the winner).
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Finalist Prize is $500 USD
The total value of all prizes is $6,000.
11. PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person, household, TikTok account. Participants may not register with multiple accounts. If it is discovered during prize verification you have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit, you will be disqualified at the discretion of the Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means, or which subvert the entry process, are void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
13. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prizes will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential Winner’s verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible if all or any portion of any prize cannot be fulfilled due any event or circumstance outside Sponsor’s reasonable control. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any Winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prizes will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on finalists set forth herein. Prizes will be fulfilled 6 (six) to 8 (eight) weeks after Grand Prize winner is announced.
14. GENERAL: Each Finalist hereby expressly grants to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and province of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by the Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of the Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each Finalist hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort, or any other theory of law. The Promotion Parties do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Promotion, including but not limited to the failure or interruption of any internet service provider. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In no event will Finalists or winner be entitled to more prizes than those listed in Paragraph #10 of these Official Rules. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Promotion Parties and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion at any time without notice. A potential Finalist may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential Finalist is the authorized account holder of the TikTok account associated with their Entry. If, in Sponsor’s sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
15. CONDUCT: By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties, which shall be final, binding, and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and void all associated Entries and/or registrations. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of Instagram in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of the Web Site used in connection with the Contest. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, submissions of entries, the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on Instagram. Use of Instagram is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer or web-enabled device resulting from participation in the Contest. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
17. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, participants agree (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant’s participation or inability to participate in the Contest; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, winners (a) agree that the Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, and its designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). \
18. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of a prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of a prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor and Promotion Parties reserve the right, at their discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the submission process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor and Promotion Parties will randomly award the prizes among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Contest is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Promotion Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 15, 2021 to: Doritos Flavor Confirmer TikTok Challenge Winners’ List, c/o Realtime Media, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428.
21. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024.
© 2022 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.