Food Network Magazine – Win a magical experience for 4 at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida valued at $6,448
Magical Sweepstakes 2016
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Magical Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): Beginning 3/16/16 at 12:01 AM (ET) through 5/18/16 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Entry Period”), go to foodnetmag.com/sweeps, and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the onscreen instructions. Important Notice: You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill.
2. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be selected on or about 5/27/2016 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. In the event Hearst Communications, Inc., the sponsor of the Sweepstakes (“Sponsor”), does not receive any eligible entries, Sponsor has the right to cancel the Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted by Food Network Magazine, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. If there is a Canadian Winner, the Winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question as a condition of receiving the prize.
3. PRIZE & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Winner will receive a four (4)-night/five (5)-day trip for Winner and three (3) Guests to the Walt Disney World®Resort, in Florida, which will include: four (4) round-trip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to Winner’s residence and the Orlando International Airport (however, if Winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, airfare will not be provided and no additional compensation will be provided), four (4) round-trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express Service (however, if Winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, ground transfers will not be provided and no additional compensation will be provided), accommodations for four (4) people consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Sponsor, four (4) five (5)-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option, one (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $500.00 (subject to restrictions), one (1) Welcome Basket in Winner’s hotel room at the Walt Disney World® Resort, one (1) Memory Maker product which includes unlimited Disney PhotoPass® Service photos, including those taken at select attractions and dining locations, one (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons (a Disney Gift Card will be provided to cover the expense of this experience, subject to restrictions), and VIP viewing for one (1) Disney Theme Park parade or show for four (4) persons, selected by Sponsor. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize: $6,448.56. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. Hotel accommodations and airfare are at Sponsor’s discretion, subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor and trip must be taken within one (1) year from date of award. Arrangements must be made at least 30 days prior to departure. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered and failure of Winner to follow such a schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Winner will be solely responsible for all meals, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, services charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise specified herein. No transfer or substitution of vacation elements will be permitted. Vacation is not redeemable for cash. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. The travel companions of Winner must execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to departure.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified within one (1) month of the last day of the Sweepstakes, via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor’s discretion, via phone or postal mail. In the event the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize to another alternate but if it is unable to do so, the prize will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. List of Winner: For the name of the Winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Food Network Magazine, 35th Floor, Magical Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street NY, NY 10019 within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
5. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached 21 years or older in their state or territory of residence at time of entry. Legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the aforementioned age in their province of residence at time of entry are also eligible to enter. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, independent judging organizations, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the prize received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the prize as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, Disney Destinations, their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
8. INTERNET/MOBILE: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select Winner from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the administration of this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the administration of this Sweepstakes (excluding any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded) shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (3) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Orange County, FL; (4) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (5) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (6) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the administration of this Sweepstakes.
10. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.