Disney Movie Insiders – Galactic Voyage – Win IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the Prize
DISNEY MOVIE INSIDERS GALACTIC VOYAGE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Disney Movie Insiders Galactic Voyage Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to entrants who, at the time of entry and throughout the Sweepstakes Period and prize fulfillment period as set forth below, are: (a) natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and US-owned territories (includes Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands and/or the Northern Mariana Islands); (b) 18 years of age or older; and (c) members, in good standing, of Disney Movie Insiders (“DMI”). Entrants must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Walt Disney Pictures, its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Prize Logic, LLC, or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters, web suppliers and any prize provider. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Walt Disney Pictures, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, U.S.A.
3. Administrator: Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI 48033, U.S.A.
4. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”) Sponsor’s computer is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
5. How to Enter: As noted in the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, you must be a member of DMI at the time of entry to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are not a member of DMI you may become a member by visiting https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/sweeps/galactic-voyage-sweepstakes (the “DMI Website”) or by downloading the DMI mobile application (the “DMI Application”) and following the applicable account registration instructions. Membership is free, as is the DMI Application. You must register for the Sweepstakes initially through the DMI Website. Standard internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. Once you are logged into your DMI member account, you may enter the Sweepstakes by navigating to the “Sweepstakes” tab and following the links and instructions within the DMI Website to enter. Once you click where indicated, you will automatically receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes. You may submit 1 entry as described in this Section 5 during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Additional Sweepstakes Entries Using DMI point: After entering the Sweepstakes as described above, you may redeem DMI points for up to 99 additional entries into the Sweepstakes by visiting the DMI Website and following the instructions to select the number of additional entries into the Sweepstakes. This process must be completed by December 31, 2021. For each additional entry submission, you will receive 1 additional entry into the Sweepstakes. For each additional entry you redeem, 5 DMI points will be deducted from your account. DMI members may collect DMI points by: (a) purchasing and/or verifying the purchase of eligible movie tickets; (b) entering codes obtained from specially-marked physical products; (c) answering specially-identified surveys (d) qualifying for bonus points offers that may be presented within the DMI Website and/or DMI Application from time to time; (e) engaging with certain in-member communications; and/or (f) other methods as designated on the DMI Website and/or DMI Application. Please refer to the DMI Terms and Conditions, located at https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/terms-and-conditions or within the DMI Application via the “Terms and Conditions” module for additional information and terms for the DMI program.
Free Alternate Method of Entry for Additional Sweepstakes Entries:To receive up to 99 additional entries into the Sweepstakes drawing without redeeming DMI points, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, the e-mail address associated with your DMI account, and your age on a 3½” x 5″ card and mail it with proper postage to Disney Movie Insiders Galactic Voyage Sweepstakes, PO Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. You will be entered into the Sweepstakes 1 time for each 3½” x 5″ card postmarked by December 31, 2021 and received by January 10, 2022, for up to 99 mail-in entries. Mail-in entries mailed in an envelope will not be accepted. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Proof of sending or mailing of mail-in entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries, which will be disqualified.
7. General Conditions on Entry: Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, nor will any correspondence be exchanged with any entrant. Limit: An entrant may receive up to 100 entries during the Sweepstakes Period through a combination of the methods described above. Limit 1 prize per entrant/household during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Any use of any micro, robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries affected by such methods and entrants using such methods will be disqualified. AN ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE DMI WEBSITE OR DMI APPLICATION OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winner Selection: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions regarding the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select 1 potential winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around January 11, 2022.
The potential winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone. Before being declared the winner, the potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and tax acknowledgment (“Affidavit”), sent with the e-mail notification within 10 calendar days from the date it is sent to the potential winner. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return all documentation within the required time, is found to be ineligible or is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and Administrator may select another potential winner, as time permits. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected by Administrator by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. In such case where the prize is not accepted or where the prize is forfeited, there may be, as necessary and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, up to 3 alternate drawings, after which the prize, if not accepted by an eligible winner, will not be awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks following winner verification.
THE PRIZE WINNER WILL BE ISSUED A FORM 1099 FOR TAX PURPOSES IN THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE AND MUST SUBMIT THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY OR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER, AS APPROPRIATE, AS REQUIRED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, TERRITORIAL, AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
9. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
A. Prize (1): The prize is a trip for four (4) to Walt Disney World® Resort (“Prize”) to consist of the following:
i. round trip coach airfares between the major United States gateway airport closest to winner residence and the Orlando International Airport; provided, however, if winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, airfare will not be provided;
ii. round trip ground transportation between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort; provided, however, if winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, ground transportation will not be provided;
iii. room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of 4 persons per room) for one (1) night at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Sponsor or Sponsor’s prize provider in its sole discretion, based on availability;
iv. one (1) standard cabin for up to four (4) passengers for a 2-night adventure aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser;
v. four (4) 1-Day Tickets with Park Hopper® Option; and
vi. one (1) $200 Disney Gift Card for winner only (subject to restrictions).
No more than one (1) Prize will be available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of the Prize is $10,474.96.
B. Prize Additional Terms and Conditions:
i. Prize must be taken between February 16, 2022 and February 24, 2022 or such other dates as Sponsor may select in its sole discretion or due to public health guidance from health authorities, such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or appropriate government agencies. If the potential winner is unavailable to travel during designated timeframe for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries in a random drawing. Travel must be reserved through Sponsor’s agent, and Sponsor shall determine airline, hotel, flight, and ground transportation itinerary in its sole discretion. Vacation must be booked at least 45 days prior to the intended travel dates.
ii. Prize is for the winner and up to 3 guests of the winner’s choosing.
iii. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for Guests ages 3 and up.
iv. Park reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed. In order to make your reservations, you will need a My Disney Experience account and valid Theme Park ticket linked to it. To learn more and to make your Theme Park reservation, please visit Disneyworld.com/disneyparkpass.
v. Park Hopper option: visit more than one park on the same day. Guests must make a theme park reservation via the Disney Park Pass reservation system for the first park they plan to visit. After entering that first park, Guests will be able to visit the next park starting at 2 PM until each park’s regularly scheduled closure. The ability to visit a park is subject to the park’s capacity limitations. At this time a park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change.
vi. Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any Minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their Minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Prize. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to travel.
vii. Prize fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions and airline seat availability.
viii. Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value.
ix. Prize elements may not be substituted and are non-commissionable.
x. Winner and companions are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
xi. Winner and their guests are also responsible for understanding and complying with any COVID-19 travel restrictions set by their origination or destination cities, states, or countries, including but not limited to, requirements relating to registering for travel authorizations, obtaining and displaying current COVID-19 test results, obtaining and presenting vaccine passports, COVID-19 vaccination cards, etc.
xii. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the Prize). Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate the winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner and guest(s) cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen from among all eligible entries (time permitting). Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Prize accommodations and airline tickets will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the Prize is not available for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the Prize with another prize of comparable or greater value.
xiii. All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, provincial, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income and withholding taxes), sales taxes, VAT, GST, PST, HST) and, where legal, import Customs and excise duties and fees, as applicable on or connected with any portion of the Prize, the shipment of any Prize element, as applicable, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC reflecting the total fair market value of the Prize. Winner may be required to provide to Sponsor an amount to cover the balance of all applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) prior to being awarded the Prize, and failure to do so will result in disqualification.
xiv. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Official Rules and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of comparable or equal value may be provided. Prize elements may not be separated and tickets, vouchers and gift cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions thereon. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern.
xv. Actual final retail value of the Prize may be higher or lower based on departure. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
xvi. The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney store locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, http://shopdisney.com/, DisneyPhotoPass, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Beach Resorts. It cannot be used toward the purchase of a Disney Vacation Club Membership. Visit http://http://disneygiftcard.com/ for complete terms and conditions. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. Additional Terms and Conditions: Details of the Prize determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize may not be declined once awarded to and accepted by a winner. Prize may not be bartered, transferred, sold, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value if the Prize should become unavailable for any reason or unreasonably difficult to fulfill. Winner must pay all applicable taxes and fees for the Prize accepted. In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the Prize offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended Prize through a random drawing conducted by Administrator from among all eligible Prize claims received.
11. Limitations on Liability: By entering, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, prize providers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be released and held harmless by entrants, for any injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or entrant’s failure to comply with the Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply any prize(s) or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control. The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winner and distribution of the Prize; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, technical or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; or for any misdirection or delay of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, DMI Website, DMI Application, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or for any personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of receipt or use or misuse of any component of the Prize produced and/or manufactured by a prize provider or other third party.
12. General Conditions: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility. Sponsor may also disqualify any person that acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or for any other good cause reason solely determined by Sponsor. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select a winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding Prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same address, the authorized subscriber of the address at the time of entry used to enter, and not the name on the entry form, will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Except where legally prohibited, the winner grants (and agrees to confirm in writing) permission for the Released Parties to use such winner’s name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or statements made by, or attributed to the winner in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval or compensation and in perpetuity. To claim the Prize, the potential Prize winner must sign and return to Administrator, within 10 days of the date the notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release and other paperwork as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If any Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as further described in Section 8 above. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing or any portion of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of the Prize to an alternate winner. Federal, state, municipal, territorial, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner’s sole responsibility. The Prize winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the Prize. Sponsor may assign all rights granted by entrants and the winner hereunder to any party at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
13. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the administration of this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Orange County, Florida, U.S.A.; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A., except that all issues and questions concerning the Prize or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Prize shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida, U.S.A.
15. Winner(s) List: To obtain a listing of the name of the winner of the Sweepstakes, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by March 3, 2022 to Disney Movie Insiders Galactic Voyage Sweepstakes, Winner List, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 U.S.A.
© 2021 Disney