Discovery Communications – Food Network Blended Burger Recipe Contest – Win the following (the “Prize”) Ten Thousand Dollars ($10000) presented in the form of a check
The following promotion is intended for the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. and 21 years or older at Promotion start date.
BLENDED BURGER RECIPE CONTESTOFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT PROMOTION START DATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 26, 2022 and until 5:00 p.m. ET on June 27, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the Blended Burger Recipe Contest (the “Promotion”) by visiting the Food Network® website (https://www.foodnetwork.com/blendedburgercontest) (the “Website”) and completing and submitting a Submission (as defined below). All Submissions must be received by the end time and date of the Promotion Period to be eligible for the contest. Incorrect and incomplete Submissions are void. These official rules are also available at Website.
Each Submission must include entrant’s (“Entrant”) full name, age, address, phone number (including area code), e-mail address and a representation as to whether Entrant has ever been paid to create or cook recipes. Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”) will not verify receipt of Submissions. Proof of sending a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor
Note: In order to access the Website and in an effort to optimize the Website’s user experience, ad blocking software on your computer may need to be disabled.
2. Submission Requirements: Submissions for the Promotion must consist of: (i) an original burger recipe for four (4) servings that incorporates the required ingredients listed below and a description of how the Entrant prepared the dish (including measurements and instructions) of no more than 500 words; and (ii) a photo of the completed dish (each, a “Submission” and collectively, the “Submissions”). The Submission must use all of the required ingredients specified below, although Entrants can use as many additional ingredients as necessary to prepare their dish. The photo should be in .jpg, .gif or .png format, and the total upload should not be larger than three (3) megabytes. Submissions must not be previously submitted, used commercially, or published by anyone other than the Entrant. The entry of a Submission is Entrant’s acknowledgement that Entrant has read, understands and will abide by these Official Rules.
• Mushrooms, which must comprise no less than 25% of the burger patty (by volume). The mushrooms must be cultivated and store-bought mushrooms. Use of wild mushrooms is prohibited. A list of eligible mushrooms can be found at: https://www.mushroomcouncil.com/varieties/.
• A meat or meat substitute.
All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If you are selected as a prospective Prize Winner, you will be required to execute and return releases and additional documentation supplied by Sponsor in accordance with Sponsor’s instructions or such prospective Prize Winner will be disqualified. Incomplete and/or late Submissions will also be disqualified.
Submissions that are not your original recipe and/or illegible or incomplete Submissions will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful or to violate any of the policies of Sponsor’s customary standards and practices, and to re-categorize a Submission which might have been entered in the wrong category (Home Cooks versus Professional Cooks, as defined below). Sponsor reserves the right to identify a name for your original recipe.
The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and must not include: (a) any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities, and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness; (b) any content that violates any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) defamatory language or threatening language; (d) language or content that is sexually explicit, obscene, or indecent; (e) language or content that promotes the consumption or abuse of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs; (f) any other language or content that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (g) contain material that is threatening to any person, place, or business group; or (h) contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion sexual orientation or socioeconomic group or that Sponsor determines is inappropriate in Sponsor’s sole discretion and/or does not otherwise meet the Submission requirements.
Limit of one (1) Submission per eligible person during the Promotion Period. If multiple Submissions are received, only the first Submission will be accepted and additional Submissions will be disqualified. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) Submission by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your Submissions and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all Submissions by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and such individual must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Prospective Prize Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Employees and members of their households, whether or not related, and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
4. Privacy: In connection with the Promotion entry process, Sponsor and/or Promotion Entities’ may be collecting personal data about Entrants on the Website in accordance with their privacy policies. Please review Sponsor’s and Promotion Entities’ privacy policies located at: https://corporate.discovery.com/privacy-policy/ and https://www.mushroomcouncil.com/legal/. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby agree to Sponsor’s and Promotion Entities’ collection and usage of your personal information and acknowledge that you have read and accepted Sponsor’s and Promotion Entities’ privacy policies. When you enter the Promotion on the Website, you may be asked to consent to receive promotional emails and reminders for upcoming promotions and information about Sponsor and/or other Promotion Entities. Consenting to receive such emails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion and does not improve your chances of winning.
5. Publicity Grant: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes your consent to Promotion Entities’ use of your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, Submission, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
6. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor, Mushroom Council, Hearst Communications, Inc., The TEAM Group, LLC, and other participating entities (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Submission information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Websites; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Submissions; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any Submissions which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Upon submission, all Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Promotion Entities. Failure by potential Prize Winners to agree to a background may also result in disqualification. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a re-judging using the criteria provided for herein to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. How Winners will be Determined: Entrants will be placed into two categories: (i) home cooks (i.e., someone who has never been employed as a foodservice professional, such as a professional chef or cook, has never been paid to create recipes (such as cookbook authors, packaged food product developers, and commercial recipe developers of any kind), and has never been trained and/or worked as a chef or food-preparation professional (the “Home Cooks”), and (ii) professional cooks (i.e., someone who has been employed to develop, cook, or commercialize recipes in any manner, including without limitation chefs, food preparation professionals, cookbook authors, food product developers, commercial recipe developers of any kind, or any other activity Sponsor considers to be “professional” in its sole discretion) (the “Professional Cooks”), based on the selection made by the Entrant at the time of Submission. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will make the final determination as to whether or not an Entrant is considered a Home Cook or Professional Cook.
After the Promotion Period, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor will evaluate all Submissions and select one (1) Home Cooks Prize Winner and one (1) Professional Cooks Prize winner (collectively, the “Prize Winners”) based on the following Judging Criteria: (a) 25% based on flavor profile; (b) 25% based on originality; (c) 25% based on crowd appeal; and (d) 25% based on presentation.
The Home Cook and the Professional Cook with the highest scoring Submissions in their respective category will be the Prize winners (the “Prize Winners”). In the event of a tie, ties will be broken based on the originality score. If a tie still remains, the tie will be broken based on the crowd appeal criteria score. If a tie still remains, tied Submissions will be reviewed by a separate panel of judges selected by Sponsor using the judging criteria and process outlined above. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Prize Winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, if at any time during the Promotion Period, the judging rounds or at any time thereafter, the Sponsor determines that no eligible Submissions exist from which to determine the Prize Winners, then Sponsor may in its sole and exclusive discretion determine that no eligible contestants exist, and then may either suspend or terminate the Promotion or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the Prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
Prize Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend, in part, upon the number of eligible Submissions received.
8. Conditions of Entry: Submission materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any Submissions submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a re-judging of the Submissions using the criteria provided for herein to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the termination date or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning Submission will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Prizes: Each Prize Winner shall win the following (the “Prize”): Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) presented in the form of a check. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $10,000. ARV of all Prizes: $20,000.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize are the Prize Winner’s responsibility. Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Prize.
Prize cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
10. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York County, New York, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
11. Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules shall be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the Sponsor’s fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided, however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
12. Winners List: Beginning on or about August 20, 2022, you may obtain the names of the Prize Winners by going to the Website.
13. Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, 230 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.
14. Trademark Attribution: The Food Network® trademark is a trademark of its respective owner.
The Promotion and all accompanying materials are © 2022 Discovery Communications, LLC.