Cunard – Alaska Adventure Voyage Giveaway – Win a 10-night Alaska Cruise on Queen Elizabeth Roundtrip Vancouver
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: CUNARD’S ALASKA ADVENTURE VOYAGE GIVEAWAY (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online Sweepstakes page and who are twenty-one as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States, including Washington, D.C., and Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Panoff Publishing, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Cunard Line, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 9:00am EDT on October 26, 2018 and ending at 11:59pm EDT on January 26, 2019.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site located at welcome.porthole.com. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
5. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and a guest will receive a 10-night Alaska Cruise on Queen Elizabeth Roundtrip Vancouver, Q916 from May 31, 2019 to June 10, 2019 OR Q917- from June 10, 2019 to June 20, 2019, Double occupancy Balcony stateroom (Category BF) cruise accommodations, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6,198 USD/$8,069 CAD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award and is also dependant on the cruise selected. The difference, if any, shall not be awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. CAD ARV is based on conversion rates as of 9/26/18 and the difference, if any, shall not be awarded.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description herein, including but not limited to, all transportation to/from point of embarkation/disembarkation for cruises is not included. Hotel accommodations before/after cruise (if any), shore excursions fees, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies, etc.), all meals and beverages prior to boarding crossing, discretionary charges while on vessel, meals in alternate dining venues while on vessel, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, boutique purchases, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein. Winner and guest must be available to travel on the same itinerary. Winner must be able to travel on specified dates (from either May 31, 2019 until June 10, 2019 or June 10, 2019 to June 20, 2018; no alternate dates available. If for any reason, the Winner is not available to travel during the available times, the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All specifics thereof, will be at Cunard Line’s sole discretion. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability and at the sole discretion of Cunard Line. Cunard Line shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or other personal property brought on vessel. If the winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Cunard Line shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award and no other compensation in lieu of the prize will be awarded. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required.
Unless a child of Winner, guest must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, cruise activities, and all other prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Once guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel and medical insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing or confirmation of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. or Canadian passport) required for travel. Cruise is subject to the terms and conditions of the Cunard passage contract located at http://www.cunard.com/passagecontract. As set forth in more detail in the passage contract, Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to embark winner or guest, at any time if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, winner or guest, or any minor or other person in winner or cruise guest’s care during the cruise or other portion of the trip, is unfit for any reason for the cruise.
BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS (AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN LAND AND SEA TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT RELEASED PARTIES (as defined below) SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The potential Winner will be notified via email to the email address with which they entered the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by random drawing.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, the Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from the Sponsor. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering the sweepstakes you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof including any travel related thereto, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Broward County, Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Sponsor: Panoff Publishing, Inc., 6261 NW 6th Way, Suite 100, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 USA. Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2019.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored or administered by Cunard Line. Participants understand that they are providing information to Sponsor and not to Cunard Line and that any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor.