Crown Imports – 2020 Modelo Ufc Spring – Win companion during UFC International Fight Week (“IFW”) on dates to be specified by Sponsor
2020 MODELO UFC SPRING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The 2020 Modelo UFC Spring Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 15, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of ten (10) separate weekly entry periods (each a “Weekly Entry Period” or “Entry Period”) that begin at 12:00 AM ET each Saturday and ends at 11:59 PM ET each Friday during the Promotion Period, except for the last Entry Period which begins at 12:00 AM ET on Saturday, April 4, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Crown Imports LLC (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), any person affiliated with the alcoholic beverage industry, including but not limited to retailers of alcohol products, and their immediate and extended family members (including but not limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, and siblings) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit www.ModeloUSA.com /UFC (“Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form in order to access the current Entry Period’s UFC Trivia Questions (“Questions” or “Question”). A total of ten (10) Questions may be presented, one at a time, in each Entry Period with each question increasing in difficulty, with four (4) possible multiple-choice answers of which only one (1) is the correct answer. You must indicate the correct answer to each Question within ten (10) seconds in order to advance to the next Question. Entries will be earned as follows:
· Answer zero (0) to three (3) Questions correctly in an Entry Period to be entered into that Entry Period’s Second Prize drawing.
· Answer four (4) to seven (7) Questions correctly in an Entry Period to be entered into that Entry Period’s First Prize drawing.
· Answer eight (8) to ten (10) Questions correctly in an Entry Period to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
Entries do not roll over into any subsequent Entry Period’s First or Second Prize drawings. Questions change each Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry (regardless of prize drawing level achieved) per email address per Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address to submit an entry.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Ten (10) First Prize winners will be randomly selected on or about each Monday after each Weekly Entry Period from among all eligible Entries received for each Entry Period’s First Prize drawing; and ten (10) Second Prize winners will be randomly selected in separate random drawings on or about each Monday just after each Weekly Entry Period from among all eligible Entries received for each Entry Period’s Second Prize drawing. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on or about April 20, 2020 from among all eligible Entries received for the Grand Prize drawing throughout the Promotion Period. Random drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each applicable drawing.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): All two hundred one (201) prizes, with a total ARV of $44,390, are available to be won as follows:
· One (1) Grand Prize: A three (3)-day/two (2)-night trip for winner and one (1) travel companion to Las Vegas, NV for the winner and one (1) travel companion during UFC International Fight Week (“IFW”) on dates to be specified by Sponsor. The Grand Prize trip includes round-trip economy air transportation for winner and travel companion from major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), ground transportation from/to airport/hotel, admission tickets for winner and travel companion to the Sponsor-specified fight, access to Sponsor-specified officially-sanctioned IFW events, the opportunity to award the belt to the next champion at the fight (“Opportunity”) with Dana White (Opportunity is subject to availability), and a UFC/Modelo Swag Bag containing Sponsor-specified UFC/Modelo merchandise for winner. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is: $5,390; there is no retail value associated with the Opportunity. All details of the Opportunity are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner’s travel companion must be 21 years or older at time of travel and must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents. Grand Prize is subject to additional restrictions. Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel on same itinerary and must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the fight, which are subject to change, or Grand Prize will be forfeited. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified, prize will be forfeited and time-permitting; an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Travel and other elements for Grand Prize components are subject to availability. Travel is subject to availability. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., government-issued photo ID). Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of any Sweepstakes-related events. In the event fight tickets or the Opportunity are unavailable or the fight is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the trip will be awarded. In the event the winner or his/her travel companion engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early and/or eject them from the fight, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his/her travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. No alcohol is included with the Grand Prize. In the event the winner or his/her travel companion consume alcoholic beverages (none will be provided by Sponsor) while participating in any Grand Prize-related activities, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any subsequent damages or third-party claims arising out of or related to such consumption.
· One hundred (100) First Prizes (ten  awarded in each of the ten  random drawings): Each consisting of a UFC/Modelo Swag Bag containing Sponsor-specified UFC/Modelo merchandise (ARV: $365 each).
· One hundred (100) Second Prizes (ten  awarded in each of the ten  random drawings): Each consisting of a UFC Duffle Bag (ARV: $25 each).
Actual retail value of the prizes may vary. Sponsor is not responsible for, and winner will not receive any difference between, the actual value and ARV of any prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No alcoholic beverages are included in any prize. Limit one (1) First Prize and one (1) Second Prize per person/household. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and return via email/email link, a Declaration of Eligibility, Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within forty-eight (48) hours of Administrator’s attempted delivery of same. Potential First Prize and potential Second Prize winners will be required to provide additional information (e.g., date of birth, mailing address, etc.) to the Sponsor/Administrator, within one (1) to two (2) business days of attempted notification, to facilitate verification of eligibility. Noncompliance within any specified time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or declining a prize for any reason, will result in disqualification without further notice and time-permitting, selection of an alternate Grand, First Prize or Second Prize winner, as applicable, in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received for that prize/Entry Period , as applicable. Potential Grand Prize winner and travel companion may be subject to a background check at the sole discretion of Sponsor. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, potential Grand Prize winner/travel companion may be disqualified if the background check indicates that the potential Grand Prize winner/travel companion: (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that Sponsor in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor; or (c) has been personally involved in any interaction deemed by the Sponsor as negative with any government/state child & family services/protection agencies. In such event, an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected (or an alternate travel companion may need to be selected by winner), time permitting. Entrants agree to provide any verification or authorizations necessary in connection with such background check. First Prizes and Second Prizes will be shipped within 6-8 weeks after end of Promotion Period.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Administrator for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Failure to complete travel, attend fight or use hotel accommodations does not relieve Grand Prize winner of his/her tax obligations associated with acceptance of Grand Prize. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason. In such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded (except as specifically stated above) and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided . Resale of prizes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance, use or misuse of the prizes. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor or Administrator suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple or different email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, Sponsor and Administrator will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, invalid or unintelligible entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services to create fraudulent phone numbers and/or identities) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder of the email address” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with the entry. In exchange for the right to participate in the Sweepstakes, entrants/winners/Grand Prize winner’s travel companion agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including, but not limited to, damages caused or claimed to be caused, losses, or injury) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use or misuse of the prize, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Administrator’s or Sponsor’s decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the English version of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes material, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer, phone or device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or device transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. All entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails, including but not limited to those resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures threaten the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the drawings for all prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each prize during each Entry Period, as applicable, prior to termination. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
8. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law.
9. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively before a court having jurisdiction located in Cook County, Illinois. In any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., evidenced costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. WINNERS LIST: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to CrownImportsWinners@donjagoda.com with “WINNERS #57” in the subject line. Requests must be received by April 15, 2020. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
12. SPONSOR: Crown Imports LLC, 131 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60603.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Drink Responsibly. Modelo Especial® and Modelo Negra® Beers. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL.