Craftsman – Barrett-Jackson The Dream Bid – Win Winner must accept claim and take possession of the complete Grand Prize described below or he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety
2022 CRAFTSMAN® |Barrett-Jackson® “The Dream Bid” Sweepstakes with Wayne CariniOFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Continental United States who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry in this Sweepstakes, have a valid form of government-issued identification from their U.S. state of residence, and are a CRAFTSMAN Club® member. Void in Alaska and Hawaii. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate family members (spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren) and/or people living in the same household, related or not) of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Barrett-Jackson® Auction Company, LLC (“Barrett-Jackson”), Retail Sports Marketing, Inc. (“RSM”), any other entity or person involved with the promotion of this Sweepstakes (individually and collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective affiliates are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must enter this Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period only, as follows:
(A) go to the designated landing page https://cloud.emails.craftsman.com/barrett_jackson_dream_bid_sweeps_giveaway_signup
(B) if entrant (you) haven’t already done so, opt-in to become a member of the CRAFTSMAN Club®;
(D) complete the online entry form
(E) click “submit” to enter.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (“Mail-In entry”) — NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entrants (you) may enter this Sweepstakes by doing the following:
Go the Entry Site, download and print the entry form;
Complete the entry form in its entirety
Mail your completed entry form to STANLEY BLACK AND DECKER – CRAFTSMAN, 118 AA Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 and you must include “2022 CRAFTSMAN® Barrett-Jackson® “The Dream Bid” Sweepstakes with Wayne Carini” on the outer envelope
Mail-In entries must be received by CRAFTSMAN® at the above address no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on August 22, 2022;
Full responsibility for the proper postage rests solely with entrant (you);
Mail-In entries must be submitted by entrant (you) and contain all required information;
Limit of one (1) Mail-in entry per entrant, per outer envelope;
Limit of one (1) Mail-In entry per entrant, per postmarked date;
CRAFTSMAN® is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible Mail-in entries; and
Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of any Mail-in entries by CRAFTSMAN®
Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Each eligible entry entered during the Entry Period is referred to as an “Entry.” Entrants may unsubscribe from membership in the CRAFTSMAN Club® at any time after receiving the first promotional email. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, will be disqualified. Entries will be disqualified if they are forged, falsified, altered or improperly tampered with in any way or if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not meet the eligibility and any other criteria outlined herein. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by a service provider. Multiple persons are not allowed to use the same email address or the same Entry. Entrants are solely responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in entering this Sweepstakes.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing to select the Winner from amongst all eligible Entries received will be held by a representative of Sponsor or RSM on or about August 29, 2022. Entrants are not required to be present to win. The Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Odds of winning depend on the total number of qualifying eligible Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER UNLESS UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Sponsor will notify the potential Winner, using the contact information contained in their Entries, on or by September 2, 2022. Potential Winner must accept the respective prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed (a) IRS tax form W-9, and (b) Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) confirming such potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s Entry in this Sweepstakes and their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. In addition, the potential Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must consent to take, and must successfully pass, a background-check or they will be disqualified from receiving the Grand Prize. ALL OF THE ABOVE ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE WINNERS AND RETURNED TO SPONSOR WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF SPONSOR’S FIRST NOTIFICATION ATTEMPT — FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF PRIZE. Sponsor will have no liability for any notification that is not received by a potential Winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, a potential Winner does not respond to the notification and accept prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules, declines the prize, or does not consent to or pass a background check (potential Grand Prize Winner and travel companion) such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit any prize in this Sweepstakes. If a potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, the Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner based on the criteria stated above in Section 4.
5. GRAND PRIZE: The Winner must accept, claim and take possession of the complete Grand Prize described below or he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety. The Grand Prize will be comprised of the following:
A trip for the winner and one adult guest to the October 2022 Barrett-Jackson® Auction in Houston, TX (the “Auction”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Trip is $4,000. The Prize package consists of round trip, coach air transportation for two from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home (chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion) to a major commercial airport near Houston, TX, departing on or about October 20, 2022, and returning on or about October 22, 2022, two nights lodging (standard accommodations, double occupancy). Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the winner resides within two hundred (200) miles of Houston, TX. Winner will be required to provide a credit card to hotel to cover incidentals which are not included in the Prize. Winner is responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including but not limited to airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, airport fees, parking fees, personal charges at the hotel, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in this Prize. Travel must take place on the dates set forth above. If the winner is unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. All travel included in the Prize is subject to availability and restrictions. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. Due to the dates of the Trip, the potential Winner and travel companion must respond promptly to Sponsor, RSM and/or their agents/designees and provide all required documents, items information by stated deadlines; if the Winner and/or travel companion do not timely respond such that Sponsor and/or its agents are unable to make necessary arrangements for the Trip, the Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety.
$30,000 maximum credit to use to bid on and purchase one (1) vehicle during the Auction (the “Auction Money”). Winner must register for the Auction in order to bid, including signing Barrett-Jackson bidder agreement and related documents. Insurance is not included in the prize. The Auction Money may only be used to bid and purchase one (1) vehicle during the Auction and for no other purpose whatsoever. The winner shall, prior to 5 p.m. EST on September 3, 2022, execute Barrett Jackson’s bidder agreement and related documents, and agree to Barrett Jackson’s standard terms and conditions in connection with being a registered bidder at the Auction. The Auction Money may not be used as cash by the winner. The Auction Money, and any related fees or amounts due to Barrett-Jackson, will be delivered directly to the Barrett-Jackson® from the Sponsor to pay for any vehicle won in the auction by the winner. If the winner wishes to bid on a vehicle whose price exceeds $30,000, the winner shall establish appropriate credit with Barrett-Jackson in advance of bidding and will be solely responsible and liable for any and all funds or amounts exceeding $30,000, including but not limited to any commission, tax, title, registration, license fees, insurance and transportation fees. If the winner purchases a vehicle for less than $30,000, the winner will not receive the difference between the purchase price and the $30,000 credit limit.
Up to $3,000 in bidding commissions and up to $4,000 in transportation fees. If bidding fees and transportation fees are less, the winner will not receive the difference. Any amount above $37,000 that is required for bidding, commission and transportation fees is the sole responsibility of the winner. Wayne Carini will also attend the Barrett-Jackson Auction on October 20, 2022 to assist winner with vehicle selection.
All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. The winner and guest must abide by all Barrett-Jackson policies. Barrett-Jackson reserves the right to revoke full or partial Prize from winner or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deems may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law or breached the bidder agreement or related documents, or may bring Sponsor and/or Barrett Jackson into disrepute. The winner and travel guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. The winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid driver’s license) required for travel, and are responsible for obtaining and maintain applicable travel insurance at their own cost and expense. The winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Prize, including scheduling of the Auction, or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible and will have no liability if the winner and/or his/her guest is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant airport authorities or misses a flight or other travel element. Sponsor is not responsible and will have no liability if the Prize is revoked in full or in part by Barrett-Jackson due to intoxication, safety risk, breach of the bidder agreement or related agreements, violation of any venue policy or law, or a determination that the winner and/or his/her guest may bring Sponsor or Barrett-Jackson into disrepute. An unclaimed and/or unused element of the Prize will remain the property of Sponsor.
The total ARV of the Grand Prize in this Sweepstakes is $41,000. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. If any prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded. Each prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for credit or cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or any part of a prize) for a prize (or part) of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion. No more than the stated prize numbers will be awarded. Income and other taxes (federal, state and local) on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. THE WINNER IS ADVISED TO SEEK INDEPENDENT COUNSEL REGARDING THE TAX IMPLICATIONS OF ACCEPTING THE GRAND PRIZE. AN IRS TAX FORM 1099 WILL BE ISSUED TO THE WINNER FOR THE AMOUNT OF $41,000.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Entry into this Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes each Winner’s permission for Sponsor to use the Winner’s Entry, name, photograph, video, image, likeness, voice, audio, biographical information, statements, personal exposition (and any edited portion thereof), testimonial (in whole or part), prize information, address (city and state) and social media content which entrant has provided to Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and each Winner releases Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Sweepstakes, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Sweepstakes and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees, licensors, designees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize (or any part) including any travel-related thereto; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize including any travel-related thereto. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of entries in this Sweepstakes; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in Sweepstakes; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, the entry form, the online entry site, any social media content, any advertisement or promotional material related to this Sweepstakes (print and/or online) or in administration of this Sweepstakes including but not limited to depiction of the prizes or announcement of Winners. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited.
8. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. ZIKA virus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winners based on the judging criteria set forth in these Official Rules from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such process shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland, USA.
10. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Sweepstakes and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Sweepstakes. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and the amended Official Rules will be located on the designated landing page. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The headings of paragraphs in these Official Rules are for convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of Sponsor, the scope of these Official Rules, or intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules or in any advertisement or promotion materials related to this Sweepstakes, whether in print or online, or in the administration of this Sweepstakes, depiction of Grand Prize (or any part), or announcement of Grand Prize or Winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For these Official Rules or Winners’ name, send a self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at: 2022 CRAFTSMAN® Barrett-Jackson® “The Dream Bid” Sweepstakes with Wayne Carini , CRAFTSMAN, 118 AA Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 All such requests must be received by September 30, 2022. The Winners list will be sent after the Winner has been verified and prizes have been awarded.
Barrett-Jackson is a registered trademark of Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC, which is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.