Country Inns & Suites – Happy Glamper – Win a grand prize of a travel package for 4 to the Beekman Farms in Sharon Springs, NY OR 1 of 15 minor prizes
THE COUNTRY INNS & SUITES BY CARLSONSM HAPPY GLAMPER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Purchase will not increase your chances of winning
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE U.S. AND CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND/OR DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. TIMING: The Country Inns & Suites Happy Glamper Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 9:00:00 AM Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on March 15, 2016 and ends at 8:59:59 AM CDT on April 30, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), who are the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Inc. (“Sponsor”), Gage Marketing Group, LLC (“Gage”) and Vanson (“Vanson”) (together Gage and Vanson are the “Administrators”) and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to participate or win a prize (“Prize”). “Immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” means persons who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Sweepstakes (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, log on to https://countrywhitewater.com/ (the “Sweepstakes Website”). Once you access the Sweepstakes Website click the “Enter Now” button and follow the instructions to complete the online entry form, including your first and last name, address, daytime phone number and email address and check the box indicating your agreement to these official rules, and submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day. A “day” begins at 9:00:00 AM CDT and ends 24 hours later at 8:59:59 AM CDT. Administrators’ computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, or any other methods will void all of that Entrant’s attempted entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING; WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand, First and Second prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 3, 2016 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted at Gage in Minneapolis, MN USA. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential Prize winners will be notified by mail or email, using the information provided at the time of entry. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be sent an affidavit and will be required to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form within the time period stated in the letter accompanying the Affidavit. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails or refuses to provide the information requested by the date stated, or does not comply with these Official Rules or is found to be ineligible, he or she may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified and the Prize may be forfeited. Guests of Grand Prize winner must sign and return a Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form prior to booking. If any guests of Grand Prize winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of such minor. All entrants and entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner.
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, is disqualified or forfeits Prize for any reason, declines to accept the Prize, or if the Prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate Entrant who will also be selected randomly from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting, even if the disqualified potential Prize winner’s name may have been publicly announced. If after a good-faith attempt Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize will not be awarded.
Before being declared a Prize winner, a potential Prize winner who is a resident of Canada must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The skill-testing question will be administered by email.
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night travel prize package for four (4) consisting of and limited to (a) round trip coach airfare from a major airport near winner’s residence for winner and three (3) guests to the Beekman Farms in Sharon Springs, NY from May 27 – 29, 2016 (airports, carrier, seating, and travel times as determined by Sponsor); (b) a 3-day/2-night stay at the Country VIP Glamping Tent at the Beekman Farms; (c) 3-day car rental (rental agency as determined by Sponsor, midsize/compact); and (d) a Meet and Greet with Brent and Josh Beekman (subject to availability) and (e) A $400 USD Sponsor-specified gift card. ARV: US$4,018/CAN$5,340. There is no monetary value associated with the meet and greet. Sponsor is not responsible if Brent and Josh Beekman cannot attend and reserve the right to substitute or cancel this portion of prize. In the event of any dispute as to originating airport, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Actual retail value may vary based on fluctuations in airfare (and winner’s point of departure/return), accommodations and car rental rates. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. Guests must be the legal age of majority in his or her state/province/territory of residence, or if not the legal age of majority, winner must be minor’s parent or legal guardian. All other travel-related and other expenses associated with prize and use, including but not limited to meals not specified, luggage fees, gas, tolls, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, and incidental personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license or Passport) required for travel. Once trip is booked, any changes made at winner’s request are at winner’s expense. Travel must be booked through Administrators or their designees. If the potential Grand Prize winner lives within 150 miles of the Beekman Farms in Sharon Springs, NY, a travel stipend of $300 will be awarded in lieu of airfare and car rental. For winner to use the 3-day rental car, winner must be 25 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license/credit card and insurance and will be responsible for any additional costs including gas, upgrade, parking, tolls, etc. Use of rental car is expressly subject to the terms, conditions and policies of rental agency, including age restrictions. Sponsor will not replace a lost, mutilated, or stolen gift card. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions of issuer. Unused portions of prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
Five (5) First Prizes: A First Prize consists of and is limited to one (1) Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotel in North America Free Night Voucher (“Voucher”); each Voucher is valid for one (1) night stay at a Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotel in North America. ARV: US$104/CAN$140 each.
Ten (10) Second Prizes: A Second Prize consists of and is limited to one (1) Beekman 1802 Gift Pack. ARV: US$45/CAN$60 each.
The total ARV of the Grand, First and Second Prizes is US$4,988/CAN$6,370. Voucher is valid with advance reservations only. Participating properties are subject to change without notice. Hotel stays are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, those set forth in the applicable Voucher, as well as the hotel’s policies. Hotel stay may be subject to availability and blackout dates. Voucher has no refundable cash value. Voucher expires one year after notification of winning. Actual Prize value may vary based on fluctuations in hotel room rates and winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a winner’s change to itinerary or accommodations. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen vouchers. Prize winners will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the Prize winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. A prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. A prize must be accepted as awarded. A prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. All state, federal, local and provincial laws and regulations apply. Limit one (1) Prize per person in this Sweepstakes.
For U.S. residents, all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the Prize receipt and/or use, if any, are solely the responsibility of winner. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes and the acceptance or use of any Prize. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of Prize by winner permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). If applicable, winner will be issued applicable tax documents for value of the prize (including an IRS Form 1099 for a U.S. Grand Prize winner).
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, your acceptance of a Prize constitutes your agreement and consent for Sponsor to use and/or publish your name, city and state/province/territory of residence and/or statements made by you regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or Sweepstakes on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
By accepting a Prize, winners agree to release and hold Sponsor and the Released Entities harmless against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of acceptance, redemption or use of the Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, and the acceptance or use of any Prize. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of Prize(s) or in the administration of the Sweepstakes.
Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court Hennepin County, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the Prize winners (available after June 1, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by April 29, 2016 to Country Inns & Suites Happy Glamper Sweepstakes – Winner List, c/o Gage, P.O. Box 27154, Golden Valley, MN 55427, USA. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
9. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by April 29, 2016 to: Country Inns & Suites Happy Glamper Sweepstakes – Rules, c/o Gage, P.O. Box 27154, Golden Valley, MN 55427, USA. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
10. SPONSOR: Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Inc., 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA.