Cost Plus World Market – Spruce Up Your Space – Win a grand prize of a $5,000 World Market Gift Card OR 1 of 3 minor prizes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 OR OLDER (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Spruce Up Your Space Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions). Void in Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited. Employees of Cost Plus, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Haley Miranda Group, Inc. (“Administrator”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2) TIMING: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 07/22/17 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 08/18/17 (the “Promotion Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com, and follow the provided instructions to complete and submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry. Limit one (1) entry per person per day throughout the Promotion Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Promotion. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on 08/18/17 to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. For the purposes of this Promotion, a day is understood to begin at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET that same day. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the above stated daily limitation will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute over the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry(ies) will be disqualified.
4) WINNER VERIFICATION: One (1) potential grand prize winner and three (3) potential first prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 09/01/17 from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period by Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail and potential grand prize winner will, and potential first prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, tax form and, where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Eligibility Documents”) within five (5) calendar days of date of issuance. If potential winners cannot be reached within five (5) calendar days from the first notification attempt, in the event of noncompliance within the above stated Eligibility Documents time period or with these Official Rules, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the applicable prize.
GRAND PRIZE (1): A $5,000 World Market Gift Card which may be used in connection with a personal room design consultation from Celebrity Designers Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak. Winner will be instructed to provide Administrator with a set of photos of one (1) room in his/her residence that needs to be refreshed. The photos will be shared with Celebrity Designers Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak so they may prepare their design insight. A meet and greet will then be scheduled where Celebrity Designers Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak and winner will discuss ideas to refresh the winner’s room and they will then travel to a nearby Cost Plus World Market store where winner will have the opportunity to use his/her $5,000 World Market Gift Card to capture the design ideas presented by Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of grand prize: $5,000.00. In the event there are no Cost Plus World Market locations within twenty (20) miles from winner’s residence, Celebrity Designers Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak will conduct an online shopping experience with winner at a mutually agreed upon location near winner’s residence in lieu of the Cost Plus World Market store visit. Exact date, time and duration of design consultation to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to meet at a location in or near winner’s hometown mutually agreed upon by winner and Sponsor. Failure of winner to meet at the agreed upon location at the date and time specified will result in such portion of prize being forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Design consultation will be subject to Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak availability. In the event Sponsor is unable to provide meet and greet design consultation with Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof; however, remainder of prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.
FIRST PRIZES (3): A $1,000 World Market Gift Card. ARV of each first prize: $1,000.
Prizes are awarded “as is” without warranty or guarantee, either express of implied by Sponsor. Gift Cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Total ARV of all prizes: $8,000.00. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6) TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with portion of prize being awarded to them, including if the Grand Prize winner any/all transportation associated with meet and greet and design consultation.
7) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries.
8) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants consent to the use of their names, cities and states of residence, voices, and/or photographs and/or similar related information for promotional, advertising and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any claims, actions, injury, liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded (including any travel/activity related thereto).
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or cable, satellite, telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion; (iv) late, lost, undelivered, misdirected, delayed, damaged, inaccurate, garbled or incomplete entries, or for any electronic, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials (including these Official Rules); or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware, or software, which injury or damage may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion for any reason, including if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such impairment.
10) ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11) CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
12) RULES/WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 09/05/17, or for an additional copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Spruce Up Your Space Sweepstakes, 8654 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners’ List”. Requests must be received by 10/05/17. You may also view these Official Rules at www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com.
13) SPONSOR: Cost Plus, Inc., 1201 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501.
14) ADMINISTRATOR: Haley Miranda Group, 8654 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.