CNET Magazine – Black Panther Giveaway Sweepstakes
CNET Magazine’s Black Panther Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE/PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Administrator & Sponsor: CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc. (“CBSI”), 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105.
Prize Provider(s): Film Jackets (“Film Jackets”), 418 Belle Crest Way, San Diego, CA 92154 & Insight Editions: Mandala Earth (“Inside Editions: Mandala Earth”), 800 A Street, San Rafael, CA 94901.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, Film Jackets, Inside Editions: Mandal Earth and Sideqik, 590 Means St NW #260, Atlanta, GA 30318 (the sweepstakes platform provider).
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR YOUTUBE. Data rates may apply.1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the CNET Magazine’s Black Panther Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain “cnet.com” (the “CBSI Service”), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.No purchase, entry fee or use of wireless device is necessary to enter or win. If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet and/or other wireless device that allows you to access the Internet, you may enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you decide to participate via any such wireless device, you may be charged message and/or data rates in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Users should contact their wireless carrier for information on charges, if any, relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec); (b) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes; and (c) Registered Users. If not already, you must register to the CBSI Service. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Registered User” means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification (“ID”) and associated password (“Password”) on the CBSI Service. There is no cost to register for the CBSI Service and/or to receive such newsletter(s), and participants can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter(s) at anytime. Employees, directors, and the immediate family members of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Quebec, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Entering the Sweepstakes: To enter the Sweepstakes, Registered Users need to go, during the Promotion Period, to the CBSI Service at https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-black-panther-giv…, sign up for the Sweepstakes via the application found on such page, provide your name and email address, agree to receive the CNET Insider, CNET How To, and Smart Home Newsletters, agree to these Official Rules, and hit the “Submit” button to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. There is no cost to the Newsletter(s) and participants can unsubscribe from receiving any Newsletters at any time.
Participants may receive additional entries five (5) different ways.
a) Participants may receive two (2) additional entries to the Sweepstakes per each friend who enters the Sweepstakes through the link shared by the participant. Participants may receive up to twenty (20) additional entries to the Sweepstakes; two (2) per each friend (for a maximum of ten (10) friends) who enters the Sweepstakes through the link shared by the participant. All participants who decide to share the Sweepstakes link must alert their friends to the fact that participant will be receiving additional entries in the event the friends enter the Sweepstakes through the link shared by participant. Not alerting friends as noted may result in disqualification of such additional entries.
b) Acquire 1 additional entry by hitting “Like” to the CBSI Service on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Acquire 1 additional entry by following us on Twitter @cnet (https://twitter.com/cnet).
Acquire 1 additional entry by following us on Instagram @cnet (https://www.instagram.com/cnet/)
Acquire 1 additional entry by subscribing to the CNET channel on YouTube: (https://www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV/)
Limit of twenty-five (25) entries per person during the Promotion Period.
4. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on February 12, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 25, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
5. Prizes. The Sweepstakes will award one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”), one (1) first runner-up prize (“First Runner-up Prize”) and two (2) second runner-up prizes (“Second Runner-up prizes”) (collectively, the “Prize(s)”). The Grand Prize consists of one (1) Black Panther Leather jacket; one (1) Black Panther T-shirt; one (1) Black Panther Poster; one (1) Marvel’s Black Panther: The Illustrated History of a King: The Complete Comics Chronology Book; one (1) Hakuna T’Challa Pin; one (1) CNET Magazine Winter 2017 Issue signed by Chadwick Boseman and one (1) Black Panther Funko Toy. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Two Hundred Forty-Five Dollars (US$245.00). The First Runner-up Prize consists of one (1) Black Panther Funko Toy; one (1) Erik Killmonger Funko Toy; one (1) Shuri Funko Toy; one (1) Nakia Funko Toy; one (1) Black Panther Poster; one (1) Marvel’s Black Panther: The Illustrated History of a King: The Complete Comics Chronology Book and one (1) CNET Magazine Winter 2017 Issue signed by Chadwick Boseman. The ARV of the First Runner-up Prize is One Hundred One Dollars (US$101.00). Each Second Runner-up Prize consists of one (1) Black Panther Funko Toy; one (1) Black Panther Poster; one (1) CNET Magazine Winter 2017 Issue signed by Chadwick Boseman. The ARV of each Second Runner-up Prize is Twenty-Seven Dollars (US$27.00).
Total ARV of all Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is Four Hundred Dollars (US$400.00).
6. Prize Restrictions. No certificate of authenticity available on signed Magazine. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, should a Prize or part of a Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. On or about February 26, 2018, the Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Any potential Prize winner (the “Winner(s)”) who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline, in order to be declared a Winner. The potential Winner(s) will be notified by email. Potential Winner(s) will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. For purposes of clarity, each Prize has its own standalone drawing. In the event a Winner does not respond within the allotted time frame, a new drawing will be conducted in attempt to fulfill that Prize and the First Runner-up Prize Winner will not be eligible for the Grand Prize nor will the Second Runner-up Prize Winner be eligible for the First Prize. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternates per Prize. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days, such Prize shall not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local, provincial and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”), as well as a W-9 or W-8 ECI tax form (where applicable) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification(s) or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize(s), if Winner(s) engage(s) in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winner(s) agree that Administrator may void a Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of a Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse, such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(s) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prize(s) and Winner(s). The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner(s), the distribution of the Prize(s), the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim, arising out of, or relating to, these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration, as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner’s List/Official Rules. For the names of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 15, 2018 to “Winners List, CNET Magazine’s Black Panther Giveaway” c/o CNET, a Division of CBS Interactive, Inc. 28 E. 28th St, New York, NY 10016. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules: CNET Magazine’s Black Panther Giveaway” for receipt by March 15, 2018. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope. The full name of the Winner(s) may be posted, and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service (i.e. cnet.com).