Chobani – Takes You Away From Home – Win Total Approximate Retail Value Lima Peru Approx
Chobani Takes You Away From HomeOFFICIAL RULES 2019(“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: In order to enter, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who is at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting your entry. In order to be an eligible entrant, you must (i) be currently employed within the foodservice industry in a culinary function and (ii) hold a ServSafe certification.
Culinary function shall be defined as a role that is directly responsible for the development and curation of food menu items. Examples of eligible culinary functions foodservice establishment owner, chef, kitchen director/manager/supervisor, foodservice director/manager/supervisor, food & beverage director/manager/supervisor, dining director/manager/supervisor, catering director/manager/supervisor. Those employed in the foodservice industry in non-culinary functions are not eligible. Examples of ineligible non-culinary functions are host, server, line cook, sommelier, bartender, dishwasher, cashier, marketing/communications, sales, procurement, distributor/wholesales, service or equipment providers.
Officers, directors, and employees of Chobani LLC (“Chobani” or “Sponsor”), Viral Sweep and ExplorerX; members of their immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses); and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (Whether or not related thereto) are ineligible to enter these Sweepstakes.
Chobani reserves the right to verify eligibility requirements and to change or terminate this Sweepstakes without notice. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
There are three (3) draws, each of which will randomly award one (1) prize to one (1) Winner (as defined below) (the “Winners”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes is administered by Chobani, LLC (“Chobani” or “Administrator”), with management support provided by ExplorerX and ViralSweep’s Sweepstakes App.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The promotion period for all three (3) drawings begin at 9:00 a.m. EST on September 23, 2019 and end at 6:00 p.m. EST on October 9, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). An entrant may enter him/herself once for each of the three (3) draws.
4. PRIZE: Prizes are not transferrable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions may be made, except by Chobani, in its sole discretion, who reserves the right to substitute any prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Any taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
DrawingPrize DescriptionTotal Approximate Retail ValueLima, PeruApprox. March 2020 (exact dates to be scheduled with winner). The prize will consist of: round trip coach air travel to Lima from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor or its representative) for the winner; one (1) double-occupancy hotel room for four (4) nights; airport/hotel transfers; and activities, excursions and experiences in Peru$4,985Marrakech, MoroccoApprox. March/April 2020 (exact dates to be scheduled with winner). The prize will consist of: round trip coach air travel to Marrakech from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor or its representative) for the winner; one (1) double-occupancy hotel room for four (4) nights; airport/hotel transfers; and activities, excursions, and experiences in Morocco.$4,985Istanbul, TurkeyApprox. April/ May 2020 (exact dates to be scheduled with winner). The prize will consist of: round trip coach air travel to Istanbul from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor or its representative) for the winner; one (1) double-occupancy hotel room for four (4) nights; airport/hotel transfers; and activities, excursions, and experiences in Turkey.$4,985All expenses not specified herein are Winner’s responsibility. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation are selected by Chobani (or its representatives). Trip must be taken during the month and year specified herein, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents and are responsible for any travel insurance. All other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including transportation, luggage fees, meals, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, etc., are the sole responsibility of the Winner. By accepting a travel prize, the potential Winner represents that he/she understands that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies and/or factors, known or unknown. The Winner further represents that he/she recognizes that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. To be considered a Winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, the Winner must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm his/her acceptance to such risk in writing at the request of Chobani.
Chobani (and its representatives) do not make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with these Sweepstakes. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor’s representatives, in which case a prize of comparable value will be awarded.
Limit one entry per person for each draw. You may not use more than one email address to enter. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void. Entries are not transferable or assignable. Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, or misspelled, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion (including, without limitation, at Sponsor’s and/or any other entity’s servers), are void and will not be accepted.
The decision shall be final and binding in all respects. Chobani reserves the right to extend the Promotion Period.
Obtaining the Prize is subject to verification of potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, a selected potential Winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within ten (10) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Only after the Affidavit and Release is received by Chobani will a potential Winner become an “Official Winner” for purposes of these Sweepstakes. Failure to return the signed Affidavit and Release within ten (10) days following the date Chobani provides the documents to you may result in forfeiture of the prize. At the discretion of Chobani, Winners may be required to produce picture identification or some other form of proper identification to claim the prize. If (a) a potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above; (b) he/she fails to return the signed Affidavit and Release by the deadline specified above; (c) any notification is returned as undeliverable; or (d) a potential Winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in the sole discretion of Chobani (or its representatives), the potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize and an alternate Winner may be selected in his/her place from among the applicable remaining eligible Entries. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prizes not specified herein as being included. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to these rules and decisions of Chobani, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Promotion; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Chobani, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives and their respective officers, directors and employees from and against any and all liability, injuries, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind sustained in connection with his/her participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation personal injury, sickness, death and property damages, or from his/her receipt, possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize including, without limitation, persona injury, death and property damages. Chobani, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives and their respective officers, directors and employees disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third-party product or service accepted by the Winners.
As a condition of participating, Entrants agree that under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages.
Winners agree that Chobani may use Winner’s name for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to Chobani’s website, without compensation (except where prohibited by law) and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if necessary and if asked to do so. Chobani, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives and their respective officers, directors and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of sales data; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected or postage-due mail; or (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable United States federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”).
The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. The Sponsor is not liable for any consequential, indirect, exemplary, or punitive damages, or for attorneys’ fees.
If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in Chobani’s judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Chobani reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Failure by Chobani to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that these Sweepstakes are challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Chobani reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify any entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Chobani and its representative shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
7. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a copy of these Official Rules or a list of Winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the (i) name of the promotion, (ii) specific promotion period and (iii) whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or “Prize Winners” in the subject line. All email requests must be received no later than two (2) months after the stated end date of the particular period referenced.