Charles Krug Winery – Ticket To The Stars – Win a three (3) night trip for two (2) to NAPA Valley
CHARLES KRUG TICKET TO THE STARS SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ALCOHOL OR PURCHASE OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO ENTER.
1. SPONSOR. The “Charles Krug Ticket To The Stars” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by Charles Krug Winery, 2800 Main Street, St. Helena, CA, 94574 (the “Sponsor”).
2. TO ENTER. Sweepstakes participation is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes is void in U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins 12:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 15, 2020 and ends 11:59PM ET on June 30, 2020 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter using your SMS-enabled smartphone. Text “FILM” to shortcode 31279. You will receive a reply text with a link to www.charleskrugcinema.com (the “Website”). Alternatively, open your camera application or another QR code reader to scan the QR code which can be found on the Sponsor’s printed communication during the Entry Period. You will be prompted with a link to the Website. Verify you are 21 years of age or older, then complete the official entry form including your full name, city, zip code, telephone number, email address, favorite movie genre, date of birth verification and optional opt-in to receive more information to enter. Send your entry by clicking on the submit button (each an “Entry”). Participants must have a mobile phone with web browsing capabilities to enter and may incur a data charge from their wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
All electronic entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on June 30, 2020. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decision of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
If you are unable to participate via text message, you may enter by mail by hand printing your full name, complete address, telephone number, email address and date of birth on a plain 3″ x 5″ card and mail it to: “Charles Krug Ticket To The Stars” Sweepstakes, c/o One Line Agency, P.O. Box 610505, Bayside, NY 11361-0505. Group and mechanically reproduced entries, including photocopies, are not eligible. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2020 and received by July 3, 2020. Each Entry must be mailed separately.
5. GENERAL RULES. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Charles Krug Winery and each of its respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, as well as any web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging or other agency involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each such individual. Further, licensed distributors or retailers of alcoholic beverages, and their employees, are not eligible. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Charles Krug Winery, One Line Agency or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
By entering, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entry, including, but not limited to, the right to use Entrant’s likeness, and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant expressly waives any intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Entry or Entrant’s likeness or statements.
By entering, you represent and warrant that you have fully complied with these Official Rules. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Entry, or the Entrant’s conduct in creating an Entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrant further agrees to forever release and discharge Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any Entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website involved in the Sweepstakes or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages, including attorneys’ fees, from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, typographical or other errors, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it determines to be tampering with the entry mechanism, to be violating these Official Rules or to be acting in a disruptive manner.
6. PRIZES. A total of fourteen (14) prizes will be offered in the Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize, five (5) First Prizes and eight (8) Second Prizes will be awarded.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Grand-Prize winner will receive a three (3) night trip for two (2) to Napa Valley, CA to attend the Napa Valley Film Festival (currently scheduled November 11–15, 2020) to include roundtrip economy-class airfare from a major airport nearest to the winner’s residence, three (3) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations, Pass Plus level entry for two (2) to the Napa Valley Film Festival, credit for rental car for duration of winner’s stay, one (1) $250 prepaid gift card for spending money and commemorative gift bag. Grand-Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand-Prize winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to meals, fuel, parking, gratuities and hotel incidentals. Accommodation restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Alcohol is not part of the prize. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and Sponsor’s approval. Once travel is booked, no changes or cancellations will be accepted and no extensions or exceptions apply. Grand-Prize winner and companion must present valid identification prior to ticketing. Airline carrier’s regulations apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Other restrictions may apply. Grand-Prize winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $4,250, but actual final value of trip may vary based on point of departure and ticket availability at time of purchase.
Five (5) First-Prize winners will each receive one (1) $100 gift card to a movie theater subscription service. ARV of First Prize is $100.
Eight (8) Second-prize winners will each receive one (1) $25 gift card to a mobile movie ticketing service. ARV of Second Prize is $25.
ARV of all prizes is $4,950. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all other expenses not expressly specified herein. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes or assessments and any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor for the calendar year in which the prize is awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are awarded “as is.”
7. RANDOM DRAWING. Potential winners will be chosen in a random drawing to be held on or about July 6, 2020 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging organization whose decision with respect to the selection of the winners and the interpretation of these rules and regulations will be final. Winners will be notified by telephone or email. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law) within five (5) business days. If potential winner does not reply to such notification within five (5) business days, an email notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts and/or the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release is not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Personally identifiable information received will be used only to verify eligibility and award prizes.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant of an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for notifications that are misdirected because of email addresses that are no longer correct, or for any other reason beyond the control of the Sponsor. Return of any prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification. If for any reason any prize is not claimed or a winner is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
8. HOLD HARMLESS. Sweepstakes provided “as is”. Winners and Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible or liable for, and each winner and Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from losses, damages, or injuries of any kind to person, including personal injury or death, or property resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activity, including, but not limited to, the acceptance/possession and/or use or misuse of any prize or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any prize or any part of the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and that Entrant shall hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless against, any liability for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy as well as injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, whether or not foreseeable, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons or to property arising out of the prize awarded hereunder.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding the Sweepstakes, including any websites used in connection therewith and any prize awarded hereunder, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by the Sweepstakes Entities.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Parties resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant forever releases and discharges Sponsor and Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize in the Sweepstakes, Winner agrees that the Sponsor and Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant, Sponsor and the Indemnitees in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA. All claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or two hundred fifty dollars ($250). Attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrant, even if Entrant proves to be a prevailing party. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
10. RULES REQUESTS/NAMES OF WINNERS. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Charles Krug Ticket To The Stars” Sweepstakes Official Rules, c/o One Line Agency, P.O. Box 610505, Bayside, NY 11361-0505 (return postage may be omitted where prohibited). Requests received after August 31, 2020 will not be honored. For a list of the winners, available after July 31, 2020, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Charles Krug Ticket To The Stars” Sweepstakes Winner’s List, c/o One Line Agency, P.O. Box 610505, Bayside, NY 11361-0505 (return postage may be omitted where prohibited). Requests received after December 31, 2020 will not be honored.
11. ADMINISTRATOR. Sweepstakes administrator is One Line Agency, 29 Chelsea Drive, Syosset, NY 11791.