Caterpillar – Cat Rentral Get Geared Up – Win consist of one gift card in the amount of $500 for use on wwwshopcaterpillarcom
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OR DISTRICT AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AND AUTHORIZED BY A BUSINESS AS DEFINED HEREIN. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AS WELL AS WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION. THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GOVERN THIS PROMOTION.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. Promotion Sponsor: The Cat Rental Store Get Geared Up Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Caterpillar Inc. 510 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, Illinois, 60015 (the “Sponsor” or “Caterpillar”).
Facebook®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, and Twitter® ARE NOT SPONSORS OF THIS PROMOTION AND THE PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH Facebook®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, and Twitter®.
1) Who Can Enter: To be eligible to participate in the Promotion, an individual must:
a) Be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (excluding residents of Florida, New York Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, and the US Territories and Possessions), and District of Columbia;
b) Be at least the age of majority in their state or district;
c) Be physically located and reside in the United States (excluding residents of Florida, New York Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, and the US Territories and Possessions), or District of Columbia;
d) Be employed by a business or be otherwise engaged in work that involves the use of construction or other equipment of the type rented by The Cat Rental Sotre.
Officers, directors, and employees of Caterpillar and its parents, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, divisions, dealers, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies including, without limitation, Simantel Group, Ltd. (“Simantel”), its employees, and the immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by, and supplied to, the Sponsor for the purpose of the Promotion must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant should such an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, local, and municipal laws. The law of the State of Illinois, United States of America governs this Promotion.
2) How to Enter:
a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. To enter this Promotion, persons eligible to enter the Promotion are to visit cat.com/en_US/products/rental/get-geared-up-giveaway.html (the “Promotion Website”) to complete the Promotion entry form with the Entrant’s full legal name, complete mailing address, e-mail address, daytime telephone number, postal code, and such additional information requested by the entry form on the Promotion Website. The entry form shall be submitted by selection of the submission button on the Promotion Website by the Entrant as described above is referred to herein as an “Entry” and all such entries are collectively referred to as the “Entries”. Each Entry will be submitted via the Promotion Website. The Entries must be submitted between 12:00:01 a.m. CDT on June 30, 2020 and 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on September 30, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”) after which time the Promotion will be closed and no further Entries shall be accepted. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Any person who desires to submit an Entry must provide all information required by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) in order to have his/her Entry entered into the Promotion. Each Entrant must also consent to, and abide by the Official Rules that the Entrant will be prompted to review at the time of submission of his/her Entry. All persons that submit an Entry in accordance with these Official Rules shall be referred to as an “Entrant” or collectively as the “Entrants”.
b) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason.
c) Lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, corrupted or illegible Entries are void and will not be considered. Any disputes regarding ownership of any Entry will be resolved by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
d) Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of these Official Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected Entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected Entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3) Prizes to be Awarded:
a) There will be twenty (20) prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”) available to be won by eligible Entrants that successfully enter the Promotion. From the collective group of eligible Entrants that successfully enter the Promotion, twenty (20) winners will be selected as indicated below (each a “Winner” and collectively the “Winners”). Each Prize will consist of one (1) gift card in the amount of five-hundred and no/100 dollars ($500) for use on www.shopcaterpillar.com.
b) The approximate value of each Prize to be awarded through the Promotion is five-hundred and no/100 Dollars ($500.00). The total aggregate approximate value of the Prizes is ten-thousand and no/100 dollars ($10,000.00).
c) The Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual Prize value and the stated approximate Prize value, if any.
d) Each Prize will be delivered to each Winner, via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the Winner, after the Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set forth herein.
e) The Sponsor shall not be responsible for delivery of any Prize to any location other than to the location and to such person’s attention as are identified by the Winner in the Winner’s winning Entry.
f) Each Entrant must comply with these Official Rules.
g) The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be split, transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected Prize.
h) The Sponsor shall not be liable if the Prize is unable to be provided due to unforeseen circumstances including, but not limited to, acts of God beyond Sponsor‘s reasonable control.
i) The Sponsor shall not be responsible if the Prize is lost by any delivery method selected by the Sponsor to deliver any portion of the Prize including, but not limited to, delivering any portion of the Prize to the incorrect address or location.
j) THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL TAXES DUE ON THE PRIZE OR INCURRED AS A RESULT OF WINNING A PRIZE.
4) Winner Selection:
a) The Winners shall be selected as follows: on or about October 5, 2020 (the “Drawing Date”), twenty (20) Entrants from the total number of Entrants will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period to be a Winner of a Prize.
b) Each Entrant can only win one (1) Prize No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
c) The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
d) Before being declared a Winner, the Entrant selected must comply with these Official Rules (including the eligibility requirements).
5) Winner Notification: The Winner will be notified by electronic mail and/or telephone using the information provided in his or her Entry on or about October 6, 2020. Notification will be attempted by Sponsor a maximum of five (5) times. If the selected Entrant does not respond to the notification within six (6) business days of the final notification; if the contact information provided is non-operative or non-operational; or if the selected Entrant is unwilling or unable to accept the Prize offered, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative Entrant from all of the remaining eligible Entrants will be randomly selected and deemed the Winner.
6) Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
7) Identification of Winners: The Winners shall be announced on the Promotion Website on or about October 6th, 2020 and shall remain posted there for a minimum of thirty (30) days.
8) Terms and Conditions: All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of Entry submission does not equate to proof of receipt. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No correspondence will be entered into by the Sponsor and any Entrant. The Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, limited liability or affiliated companies, any of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, shall not be responsible for: (1) Entries, Prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical malfunction, or human error of any kind; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer or communications malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including public utility or telephone outages, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers or service providers; (3) typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; (4) inability to access the Promotion Website or any Web pages of the Sponsor; (5) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (6) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or transmission systems, or the Internet, or any service provider’s facilities, or any phone site or website or for any other reason whatsoever; or (7) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if this Promotion is not conducted due to technical malfunctions including any computer or technical systems (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or does not allow the proper conduct of the Promotion and/or processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason; or if infection by a computer (or similar) virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the Entrant or any other individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation. If such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion occurs, notification will be posted at the Promotion Website. Any individual’s use of robotic, automatic, scripted, programmed or similar entry methods will void all Entries by that individual. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry or Entrant that it deems to have violated or attempted to violate any of these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any manner. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any phone service site or Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9) Limitation of Liability / Publicity: By entering the Promotion, each Entrant i) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; (iii) agrees that the Sponsor has sole discretion to resolve any disputes as it sees fit; and (iv) agrees that neither the Entrant nor his/her heirs, successors, or assigns will assert any claim related to damages, losses or injuries against either Facebook®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, and Twitter® the Sponsor or its related entities, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, including without limitation Simantel, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns. The Sponsor and its related entities, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, including without limitation Simantel, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities: (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize; (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury of any kind including, but not limited to death or bodily harm, actually or allegedly arising from entry into the Promotion or acceptance and/or use of any Prize; (iv) disclaim any responsibility for any actual or alleged loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from any website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the website by a hypertext link; and (v) disclaim any liability for the termination, suspension or modification of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person fulfilling any portion of the Prize. By accepting a Prize, the Entrant consents to future communications being sent to the Entrant, subject to a right to “opt out” and cease all future correspondence, the use of his/her, name, photograph, likeness, voice, and biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further notice or compensation, to the extent permitted by law.
10) Release/Indemnity: By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants, including without limitation the Winners, agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram, the Sponsor and its and their parent, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, attorneys and assigns (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Releasees”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from such Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, any breach of these Official Rules, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, including without limitation: personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA; INCOME; OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD-PARTIES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. The Entrant further agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Promotion, without limitation.
11) Winner Release: Each Winner hereby confirms the Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Promotion and compliance with these Official Rules; and (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered. Each Winner hereby releases the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Promotion, participation in any Promotion-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom. By accepting the Prize, each Winner grants to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use each Winner’s name, photographs, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Promotion and the promotion and exploitation thereof.
12) Privacy: By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant (i) grants to the Sponsor and its respective authorized agents the right to use his/her name, street address, industry employed in, telephone number, e-mail address, and such other information provided in connection with registering for the Promotion (“Personal Information”) for the purposes of administering the Promotion including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Winners and fulfilling the award of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Promotion, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) authorizes Sponsor to send to the Entrant additional promotional correspondence, subject to a right to “opt out” and cease all future correspondence, and (iv) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above. Personal information will otherwise not be sold; shared or disclosed in any manner or for any other purposes by the Sponsor or any related entities, unless Entrant has otherwise agreed. The Sponsor will use the Entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes and will protect the Entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Sponsor’s Global Data Privacy Statement. To view Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/legal-notices/dataprivacy.html
13) Dispute Resolution: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligation of the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction). Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the prize(s) awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorney’s fees. The sole proper venue for the resolution of any dispute shall be the State of Illinois, County of Peoria and each Entrant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts located therein.
14) Parties not affiliated with Promotion: Neither Simantel, its subsidiaries, if any; nor any of the following social media platforms: Facebook®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, and Twitter® are sponsors of this Promotion and therefore are not responsible for providing any Prize to be awarded.
15) Trademark/Copyright: All Content on the Promotion Website, any Facebook® page, Instagram® posts, or any Twitter® messages (or “tweets”), including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video clips and audio clips (collectively “Content”), the compilation of the Content (meaning its collection, arrangement and assembly) and all software used on or in the Promotion Website, any Facebook® page, or any Twitter® messages, Instagram® posts, and/or LinkedIn® shares or posts are the property of either the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, or third parties that have licensed Content and software for use on the Promotion Website, Facebook® page, or Twitter® messages, Instagram® posts, and/or LinkedIn® shares or posts. No license is granted for any further use of any of these trademarks, service marks or logos. All Content and software are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All Content and other copyrightable material may be used only as provided in these Official Rules. All rights not expressly granted in these Official Rules are reserved.
16) Termination. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Promotion, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
© 2020 Caterpillar Inc. All Rights Reserved.