Cartera Commerce – Win a grand prize of 100K American Airlines AAdvantage miles PLUS a $2,500 check OR 1 of 3 minor prizes
GREAT BIG WORLD SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Great Big World Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are also members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program. Entrants who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. Employees and agents of American Airlines, Inc. (“Prize Provider”), Cartera Commerce, Inc. (“Sponsor”), HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parents, affiliate companies, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee or agent are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon remaining a member of the AAdvantage® program and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Cartera Commerce, Inc., One Cranberry Hill, Suite 203, Lexington, MA 02421.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
Prize Provider: American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76155.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 6, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/sweeps____.htm?promoname=aamay2019sweeps and follow the instructions to create a free AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall account by completing and submitting the enrollment form including your AAdvantage® account number and other information as requested in the form. If you are not an AAdvantage® member, you may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for creating a free AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall account or registering for the Sweepstakes if already an AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall member.
Limit: You may only receive one (1) entry during the Promotion Period by becoming a member of the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall or, if you are already a member, by registering for the Sweepstakes.
You may receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes by taking any of the following actions:
Opt-In To Receive AAdvantage eShopping℠ Mall Marketing Communications:
After you register, you may be asked to sign-up to receive email marketing communications. If you agree to receive these communications, you will receive one hundred (100) additional entries into the Sweepstakes, so long as you remain opted in as of the end date of the Promotion Period. If you are already receiving email marketing communications and do not “unsubscribe” from such email marketing communications through the end of the Promotion Period, you will receive one hundred (100) additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: You will only receive one hundred (100) entries during the Promotion Period for opting-in or remaining opted-in to receive email communications.
Make Online Purchases Through AAdvantage eShopping℠ Mall:
Visit https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com and make an online qualifying purchase as defined by the terms and conditions of the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall program (https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/terms____.htm) with a single participating merchant where the total cost of the item(s) purchased (excluding shipping and taxes) is at least $50 (“Qualifying Purchase”). NOTE: Multiple items purchased during one Day (“Day” is defined as 12:00 a.m. ET through 11:59 p.m. ET) with a single merchant, regardless of whether purchased in one (1) or multiple transactions, are deemed one (1) single Qualifying Purchase. You will receive fifty (50) additional entries into the Sweepstakes for each Qualifying Purchase made. Gift cards may not count as a Qualifying Purchase; please read the terms of the merchant (from whom you are purchasing the gift card) to confirm if the purchase will count as a Qualifying Purchase.
Limit: You may receive up to one thousand four hundred (1,400) entries during the Promotion Period through this method. You may only earn entries for two (2) Qualifying Purchases per Day during the Promotion Period and each Qualifying Purchase must be with a different merchant each Day through the Promotion Period. There is a maximum of one hundred (100) entries per Day through this method.
Download Browser Extension Button:
After you register for the Sweepstakes, you may be asked to download the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall browser extension to your browser (AAdvantage eShopping℠ button). If you download the browser AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall extension during the Promotion Period, you will receive one hundred (100) additional entries into the Sweepstakes, so long as the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall browser extension remains downloaded through the end of the Promotion Period. If you have already downloaded the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall browser extension and do not remove such browser extension through the end of the Promotion Period, you will receive one hundred (100) additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: You will only receive one hundred (100) entries during the Promotion Period for downloading the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall browser extension or keeping installed the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall browser extension.
Entry Without Purchase, Opting-In To Marketing Communications, or Downloading Browser Extension Button:
If you do not wish to opt-in to receive email marketing communications or make a Qualifying Purchase, please hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, AAdvantage® account number, and date of birth on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Great Big World Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, P.O. Box 5121, Department 839621, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5121. If you are not an AAdvantage® member, you may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. You will receive one hundred (100) entries for each mail-in entry received; each mail-in entry must be sent in a separate envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by May 20, 2019 and received by Administrator by May 27, 2019. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. Administrator is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may mail-in up to sixteen (16) requests (each a separate envelope) during the Promotion Period to receive a total of one thousand six hundred (1,600) entries through this method.
Limit: Entrant may receive a total of one thousand six hundred and one (1,601) entries during the Promotion Period by combining the methods of entry listed above. Online entrants must have a valid email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same AAdvantage® account number or AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations or AAdvantage® account numbers or AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall accounts, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the AAdvantage® account or AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the account by Prize Provider. The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around July 9, 2019. The potential winners will be notified by email by Sponsor within one (1) week of winner selections. Each potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor and provide any requested information within three (3) business days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. By accepting a prize, winners acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete and return a Declaration of Compliance (“Declaration”), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond or to fails to sign and return the Declaration or any other requested information within the required time period or prize notification or attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately ten (10) weeks after winner confirmations. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption, cash equivalent or prize substitution allowed by winners.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of the winner. Winner will also receive a check for $2,500. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $4,490.00.
THREE (3) FIRST PRIZES: 20,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® accounts of three First Prize winners. ARV: $398.00.
Terms and conditions apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason, provided no such substitute prize shall be from American Airlines, Inc. without its prior written consent. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
Total ARV of all prizes: $5,684.00.
7. American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles Terms: American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each winner who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier), oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification, AAdvantage Million Miler℠ status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of each winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six (6) months’ notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Prize Provider. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation; winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than twenty-one (21) days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $40.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage® award tickets issued within twenty-one (21) days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAirpass® tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, liability, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, Prize Provider’s, and their respective agents’ use of such winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Taxes. Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prizes will be taxable to each winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each winner’s responsibility. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed Declaration before any prize will be awarded. Any residents of the United States that win six hundred dollars ($600) or more in prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winners’ List: For a winners’ list, visit https://bit.ly/2Biz0Wa. The winners’ list will be posted after all winner confirmations are complete.
American Airlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Million Miler and AAdvantage eShopping are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.