Canyon Bicycles – Ultimate Triathlon Package Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to individuals who sign up for the campaign at https://go.canyon.com/diytri and who are 21 years as of the date of entry and otherwise eligible under these Official Rules (“Rules”). Only one entry per person. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where taxed, limited or prohibited by law. Employees of Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc. (“Canyon”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to these Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including applicable privacy laws, and this Campaign shall be deemed withdrawn where regulated in a fashion inconsistent with these Rules.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the provisions of these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Canyon as final and binding relating to the conduct and outcome of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 25, 2020, and ending on October 25, 2020. All online entries must be received and logged by the entry website by the stated ending time in order to be eligible. Canyon is not responsible for entries not received, logged or acknowledged due to Internet issues or other technical failures.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at the website noted in Paragraph 1, which Canyon operates through cloud technology hosted by a third party. In order to be eligible to win a prize, your entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, including filling out all fields on the online entry form. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Rules may be disqualified at Canyon’s sole discretion. In order to create a valid entry, You must provide all information requested in the official entry form, which may include various items of your personal information, including but not limited to the following:
Identifiers, such as your name; address; email address; state; postal code; city; phone number; and date of birth;
Preferences, such as your ride style preference; bike size; and giveaway information.
You may also provide us with the following optional information:
Preferences, such as jersey or shirt size; bibs or shorts size; bike club membership; and measurements;
Social media presence, such as your Instagram Handle.
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive various prizes, allocated by Canyon. Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Canyon. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Canyon’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and nonrefundable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Canyon to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing on or about October 30, 2020 under the supervision of Canyon. Winner will be notified by email within 3 business days following selection of Winner. Canyon shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or other technical issues. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected at random. For a list of winners, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that is received by us no later than the closing time and date of the Campaign as noted in these Rules. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with these Rules and any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES (AS DETERMINED BY CANYON AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: You understand and agree that Canyon, anyone acting on behalf of Canyon, and Canyon’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, any media (such as text, video, image, etc.) submitted by You, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Canyon, its officers, directors, employees and affiliates, their advertising and promotion agencies, and their vendors and suppliers, from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, that they may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of any false information provided by You or any actual or alleged infringement of any right of You or of any third party as to any information or media you provide to Canyon.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Canyon and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. By entering, You also agree to execute an affidavit that You meet all eligibility requirements for this Campaign and a release of liability.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class or mass action, exclusively before a court located in San Diego County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering this Campaign and the reasonable value of any prize in dispute. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.