Brother – March Craftness Sweepstakes
Brother International Corporation (“Brother” or “Sponsor”)
Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Official Rules”)
“Brother March Craftness” (“Sweepstakes”)
Vote each week for your favorite March Craftness competitor. Be entered for a chance to win one (1) of four (4) Brother crafting products.
One (1) ScanNCut DX SDX85 (MSRP: $299.99), one (1) P-touch Embellish (MSRP: $59.99), one (1) P-touch one (1) Embellish ELITE (MSRP: $129.99), one (1) SE600 (MSRP: $399.99)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES LOCATED IN THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. U.S. LAW GOVERNS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Brother International Corporation “Brother March Craftness” Sweepstakes (Sweepstakes) begins at 9a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 1st, 2023 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on March 29, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: To enter the Sweepstakes you (“Entrant”) must be a lawful permanent resident of the
Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia, and must be at least 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority in the state within you reside . Sweepstakes void in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories, possessions, and military installations located in foreign countries, and where restricted or prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the United States. Entrant is not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if Entrant is not located within the United States. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, or any of their respective affiliates, retailers, subsidiaries, dealers, representatives, agents, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner (“Winner”) in its sole discretion. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person per week . Any attempt to obtain more than one entry using multiple/different address, identities, registrations and/or logins or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Late, lost, delayed or incomplete entries will not be eligible. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Brother.
3. How to Enter: To enter this Sweepstakes, please access the Sponsor’s sweepstakes page located at https://brother-usa.com/home/cutting-machines/promos/national-crafting-month. The Entrant must follow the online instructions and must provide all required information; including their first name, last name and a valid email address. Limit one entry per person per week.
Entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Any submission that does not comply with these Requirements or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified. Use of automated entries or programs, or entries submitted by third parties, is prohibited and will be disqualified.
5. Prizes and Drawings: Four winners will be selected at random to receive one (1) of four (4) Brother crafting product prizes: ScanNCut DX SDX85 (MSRP: $299.99), P-touch Embellish (MSRP: $59.99), P-touch Embellish ELITE (MSRP: $129.99), SE600 (MSRP: $399.99). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $889.96. All taxes on Prize and expenses relating to acceptance and use of the Prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner will be randomly selected from all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period up until the date of the drawing. Limit one prize package per person. The odds of winning any drawing will vary on the number of Eligible Entries received. The drawing will occur at the Brother Headquarters at 200 Crossing Boulevard, Bridgewater, New Jersey on March 31, 2023. Winners will be notified no later than April 7th, 2023.
6. Notification and Verification of Winner. Brother will notify the selected Winners through a phone call and/or e-mail message sent to the e-mail address and phone number provided by Entrant on the online entry form. Winner must respond to Brother within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of notification. If the Winner cannot be reached or if Winner cannot accept the Prize as stated, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. The prize will be shipped to the Winner at the address specified by Winner upon time of notification within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date Winner was confirmed. Prize Winner may be required to sign, have notarized and return to Brother an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability, federal and state tax release, and where legal, a publicity release, within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. Failure to complete and return documents in the time noted, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in Entrant being disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected and notified.
7. Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT BROTHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, FRANCHISEES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, MARKETING, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR
PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TRAVEL, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE OR PRIZE DELIVERY. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITES WWW.BROTHER.COM, WWW.FACEBOOK.COM, WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM, OR THE UPLOADING TO OR DOWNLOADING FROM SUCH SITES AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF TERRORISM, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, WORK STOPPAGE OR ANY OTHER NATURAL DISASTER OUTSIDE THEIR CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT OF THE EVENT.
8. Publicity release: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner’s grant to Sponsor, which grant will be confirmed in writing upon request of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, suppliers, and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, such Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and Sweepstakes purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television, online or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries void if forged or obtained/submitted outside authorized channels. All Entrants must have internet access prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes. Any costs associated with accessing the Website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used by the Entrant. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the web site, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Neither Sponsor nor their respective agents and affiliates are responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant’s typing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor at its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention ,fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor, at its discretion, may void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The total aggregate value of the prize packages is valued at $889.96. The prize package cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash value. The Entrant has no expectation of receiving compensation above that which may be awarded as a prize if participant is the Winner.
10. Rules/Winner List: To receive the name of the Winner or an additional copy of these Official Rules, please send a request to the “March Craftness”, 200 Crossing Boulevard, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807.
11. Sponsor: Brother International Corporation, 200 Crossing Boulevard, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED ALL OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES RULES.
©2023 Brother International Corporation
BROTHER is a trademark of Brother Industries, Ltd. All rights reserved.
All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.