Boost Mobile – Shoot For A Million Dollars Sweepstakes
Boost Mobile “Shoot for a Million Dollars” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. A Purchase Does Not
Increase Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility – Daily Prizes and Grand Prize: The Boost Mobile “Shoot for a Million Dollars” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia with a 2-way text messaging-capable mobile phone with a data plan prior to February 13, 2020.
Eligibility for the Daily Prizes, potential winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry.
Eligibility for the Grand Prize, potential winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry and meet the requirements defined in Section 7 of the Grand Prize package.
Employees of Boost Mobile, Trymark Consulting Group L.L.C., or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (whether related or not) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside AK, HI, PR and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Boost Mobile (the “Sponsor”). Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C. is the administrator of the Sweepstakes (the “Administrator”).
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, INCLUDING GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL ON DATES DESIGNATED BY SPONSOR.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND GOVERNS YOUR ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will void your Entry.
3. Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes begins on February 13, 2020 at 12:00 am ET and ends on March 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be divided into twenty-eight (28) daily entry periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”). Each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:00 am ET and ends at 11:59 pm ET the same day. Only entries received during each Daily Entry Period will count as a valid Entry for that individual Daily Entry Period. Non-winning eligible entries from one (1) Daily Entry Period will NOT roll-over and be automatically entered into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. Non-winning entrants may submit additional Entries for each subsequent Daily Entry Period, with a limit of one (1) Entry per Daily Entry Period. Only entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be considered valid. The Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Sweepstakes and will solely determine the time by which an Entry is received.
4. How to Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes in one (1) of two (2) ways during the Sweepstakes Period (collectively the “Entry”):
Using your mobile phone: Send a text message with one (1) of the following keywords: 1MILLION, HOOPS, BBALL, or SHOOT to short code 63566 to receive one (1) Entry. By entering via text message from your mobile phone you agree to receive up to five (5) autodialed text messages from Sponsor or on behalf of the Sponsor about the Sweepstakes or a promotional offer. Your mobile phone must be capable of sending and receiving text messages to participate via this method. Text message and data rates may apply. Consent to receive text messages is not required or a condition of any purchase. Text STOP to 63566 to cancel receipt of any future texts or text HELP to 63566 for help. See your wireless carrier for text message rates and capabilities. This text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Check with your carrier for details. Proof of text messaging a qualifying key word to the short code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Sweepstakes Entry. Entries via this method of entry must be received during the applicable Daily Entry Period to be eligible for that drawing.
Online: Or, to enter the Sweepstakes without text messaging, go to https://shootfor1million.com, provide your phone number (including area code) and email address (optional), then submit the entry form to receive one (1) Entry. Submission of erroneous or incomplete information will void the Entry. Entries via this method of entry must be received during the applicable Daily Entry Period to be eligible for that drawing.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, per phone number and per e-mail address per Daily Entry Period, regardless of method of entry, for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. You may only use one (1) phone number and e-mail address to enter the Sweepstakes. Eligible Entries into each Daily Entry Period will be included in the Grand Prize drawing (as described in section 5). The maximum number of Entries attainable per person for the Grand Prize drawing is twenty-eight (28). Entries received from any person, household or e-mail address in excess of the stated limitation during any Daily Entry Period, received outside of the Sweepstakes Period or through the use of agencies, robotic, repetitive, automatic, programed or similar methods, will be void. Submission of erroneous or incomplete personal information will void the submitted Entry. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Random Drawings/Winner Notifications: A random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator within three (3) days after the conclusion of each Daily Entry Period to select five (5) potential Daily Prize winners from among all eligible Entries received. Once an entrant is selected as a Daily Prize winner, they are no longer eligible to win another Daily Prize. After the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about March 13, 2020, a random drawing will be conducted to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries (including any eligible Daily Prize winners) received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a Daily Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for each Daily Entry Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The Administrator will attempt to notify potential winners by phone, SMS text messaging and/or e-mail address (if provided at the time of entry). If a potential winner is contacted by phone, Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to leave one (1) message. In the event that any SMS text message or e-mail to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail, text message or phone call/message is not received within twenty-four (24) hours of its issuance or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected for the drawing at issue. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matter relating to this Sweepstakes.
In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same phone number or e-mail address, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account or phone number (as applicable) at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and as long as such person is otherwise eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. The “authorized subscriber” is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address or phone number by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), mobile phone service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or mobile phone numbers. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void his/her Entry/ies) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or website, intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or any of its representatives or to otherwise be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
6. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential Daily Prize winners may and the Grand Prize winner will be required, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to complete and return  an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and  an IRS Form W-9 and furnish his/her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law within two (2) days of being notified. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to require potential Grand Prize winner and his/her guest to submit to a confidential background check (as further detailed below) to confirm eligibility as a condition of participation, to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the required documentation within the required time period or potential Grand Prize winner or guest does not consent to a background check, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received for the drawing at issue.
Background check: Sponsor reserves the right to require potential Grand Prize winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of participation in the Basketball Challenge event (as described below in Sec. 7), to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Released Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes, to be considered for the prize must agree to such check and agree to provide full consent if required. Failure to comply may result in disqualification. The potential winner may be disqualified if he/she has been charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
a. Grand Prize Code of Conduct: Winner and his/her guest will be held to the code of conduct described herein at all times while attending the Grand Prize activity. Failure to adhere to the code of conduct, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in immediate disqualification (including loss of winner status and forfeiture of prize), and expulsion from the Grand Prize activity.
Sportsmanship: Winner and his/her guest must conduct themselves in a reasonable and sportsmanlike manner, maintaining a friendly and polite demeanor during participation in the Grand Prize activity. Winner and his/her guest must refrain from the use of vulgar language or gestures, as well as overtly sexual or abusive behavior, including harassment and threats. Winner and guest must not engage in physical abuse, fighting or any threatening action or threatening language during the Grand Prize activity.
Dress Code: Winner and his/her guest must be attired in a decent, non-sexual and non-threatening manner while participating in any Grand Prize activity.
No Drugs or Weapons or Inebriated Behavior: Use or possession of drugs or weapons by anyone is prohibited on the premises of, immediately outside of, any Grand Prize activity. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or inebriated in any way.
Winner and his/her guest must not be in violation of any federal, state, or local law during any Grand Prize activity.
7. Prizes: The prizes and Estimated Retail Values (“ERV”) will be as follows:
Total ERV of Prizes Combined
StubHub eGift Card (subject to terms and conditions available at https://www.stubhub.cashstar.com/about/terms_and_conditions/)
Fanatics eGift Card (subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer)
Nike.com eGift Card (subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer). This Gift Card is redeemable for merchandise online at Nike.com, Hurley.com, Converse.com, at any Nike-owned and Converse-owned retail location in the United States and Puerto Rico or by phone at 1-800-806-6453. This Gift Card is not redeemable at Hurley retail stores. Upon redemption, any unused balance will remain on the Gift Card for future purchases. Gift Cards will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Gift Cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen without proper proof of purchase. No refunds or exchanges on Gift Cards. Nike Gift Cards do not expire. For more information and to check your balance, visit Nike.com.
Foot Locker eGift Card (subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer and available at https://www.footlocker.com/help/terms-and-conditions-for-foot-locker-gift-cards.html). The Foot Locker gift card can be redeemed at Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker and Kid’s Foot Locker in-store and online. Foot Locker Gift Cards never expire and there are never fees applied for non-use.
Pre-paid Debit Card (subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer)
TOTAL ERV OF ALL DAILY PRIZES COMBINED
Winners will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prizes not described herein as being awarded. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person, per household and per e-mail address for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period.
Grand Prize package (1): A trip for two (2) to an event location and on dates determined by Sponsor. Trip consists of the following: one (1) round trip coach commercial air transportation for two (2) (one (1) winner and one (1) guest) from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to a location determined by Sponsor; standard double occupancy accommodations for three (3) days/two (2) nights at a hotel designated by Sponsor (one (1) room); ground transportation to/from destination hotel and major gateway airport closest to winner’s residence (airports determined solely by Sponsor); $2,500.00 for winner only (awarded in the form of a $2,500.00 check); and the opportunity (for winner only) to participate in a Basketball Challenge event (as described below) for additional prizes (ranging from $10.00 to $1,003,600.00 (one (1) million dollars awarded in the form of a twenty (20)-year annuity, payable as $50,000.00 per year for twenty (20) years (details to be determined by Sponsor) or a $775,000.00 check and up to $3,600.00 awarded as a check). Total maximum ERV of Grand Prize package is $783,600.00 (maximum ERV of trip portion is $5,000.00). Actual value may vary based upon fare fluctuations and location of departure city and the outcome of the Basketball Challenge. No compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Winner and his/her guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Guest must execute and return a Guest Release prior to travel. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier and on dates determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability and certain other restrictions. Winner may not participate in the Basketball Challenge and will not be permitted to transfer the opportunity to a friend or family member if it has been determined if he/she: (i) is a current or former professional basketball player, or (ii) is a current or former High School Varsity or NCAA Intercollegiate Basketball player that has played in a High School Varsity basketball game or an NCAA Intercollegiate Basketball game within the past five (5) years. If potential winner is not eligible to participate in the Basketball Challenge, or unable to complete travel on dates specified by Sponsor, the Grand Prize package, including participation in the Basketball Challenge, will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Time permitting, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to award prize to an alternate winner. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all travel documents required by airline and comply with all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Winner and guest agree to accept and adhere to the Grand Prize Code of Conduct as described above in Section 6 (a). Winner is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, luggage fees, additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. If, for whatever reason, the Basketball Challenge event is cancelled, no compensation or substitution will be provided, however remainder of prize package will be awarded, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner.
Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) they may wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Sponsor is not responsible if tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or other similar items are lost, stolen, or misplaced by winner and will not be replaced (or if booked transportations are missed, cancelled or delayed for any reason). Winner and guest are bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third-party service providers used in connection with the Grand Prize.
Maximum total ERV of all prizes combined (Daily Prizes and Grand Prize) is $803,200.00. Prizes may be reported as income to winners, and the winners will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of a prize. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
8. Grand Prize Winner Basketball Challenge Details & Requirements: During the trip, the Grand Prize winner will have the opportunity to participate in a Basketball Challenge for the opportunity to win additional prizes. There will be four (4) Basketball Challenge shooting levels with an associated prize for each level of completion.
Basketball Challenge Levels/Prizes:
Challenge Level Details
1. Layup Shot
The Grand Prize winner will have ten (10) seconds to shoot and make as many layups as possible. A layup is a is shot taken from a close proximity to the basket.
$10.00 for each layup made. Maximum allowed shots made is ten (10) for a maximum total ERV of $100.00 (awarded as a check)
2. Free Throw Shot
The Grand Prize winner will have ten (10) seconds to shoot and make as many Free Throws as possible. A Free Throw is shot taken from behind the designated free throw line.
$100.00 for each Free Throw made. Maximum allowed shots made is ten (10) for a maximum total ERV of $1,000.00 (awarded as a check)
3. 3-Point Shot
The Grand Prize winner will have ten (10) seconds to shoot and make as many 3-Point Shots as possible. A 3-Point Shot is a shot taken from behind the designated three-point line.
$250.00 for each 3-Point Shot made. Maximum allowed shots made is ten (10) for a maximum total ERV of $2,500.00 (awarded as a check)
4. Half-Court Shot
The Grand Prize winner will have one (1) shot attempt and the basketball must be shot and made from behind the half-court line. The basketball must be released prior to the participant stepping on or across the half-court line. If the participant steps on or across the half-court line prior to releasing the ball, then such shot shall be disqualified, and no makeup shot shall be permitted.
$1MM (awarded as 1 million dollars in the form of a twenty (20)-year annuity (details to be determined by Sponsor) or a $775,000.00 check)
Participation in the Basketball Challenge will be video recorded. No practice attempts will be permitted by the Grand Prize winner on the court at any time on the day of the Challenge. Each basketball shot must be made through the specified basketball hoop on the fly to be considered a “Successful Shot”. Once a shot is released, the ball may not come into contact with the playing surface or any part of the ceiling, and may not tip, bounce, or deflect off of any surface, person, or object (except the backboard or rim) prior to passing through the hoop. Nothing may be done to the playing surface, basketball hoop or equipment, including the ball that would in any way enhance a contestant’s chances of completing a Successful Shot. The execution and operation of the Basketball Challenge Event (the “Event”) will be administered by the Sponsor. The condition of the court, equipment and facilities in connection with the Event will be set to the satisfaction of Sponsor, in their sole discretion and Sponsor’s determination of the court, equipment and facility conditions will be final. Grand Prize winner will have two (2) rebounders; each rebounder will be selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for the performance of the rebounders. The Grand Prize winner may not designate another person to shoot on his/her behalf unless approved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each Challenge Level Prize will only be awarded if (and only if) the Grand Prize winner executes a Successful Shot. The Challenge Level 4 prize (if awarded) consists of winner’s choice of either a twenty (20)-year annuity or as one (1) lump sum payment representing the estimated present value of that annuity as of the Event date. The annuity will be fifty thousand U.S. dollars (US$50,000.00) per year for twenty (20) years without interest (the “Annuity“) and the lump sum payment will be the estimated present value of the Annuity as of the Event date of approximately seven hundred seventy-five thousand U.S. dollars (US $775,000.00).
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize(s) for the applicable drawing(s) at random from among the eligible Entries received for the drawing(s) at issue up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Warranties and Consents: By completing and submitting an Entry, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules, and (ii) based on the Official Rules, you are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness and your Entry by the Sponsor for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; and (c) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, McDonald’s USA LLC, Facebook, Gold N Fish Marketing Group LLC, LG Electronics, StubHub, eBay Inc. (including members of the eBay corporate family and its affiliates), Fanatics, Inc., Nike, Inc., Foot Locker, Inc., and their respective parent(s), officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an Entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or e-mail communications; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries or text messages; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. Sweepstakes Results: To receive the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Boost Mobile “Shoot for a Million Dollars” Sweepstakes – Winner, P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than June 30, 2020.
15. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE AK, HI, PR AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
© 2020 Boost Mobile. All rights reserved. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.