Blackdecker – Powerconnect Products Giveaway Sweepstakes
Powerconnect Products Giveaway
BLACK+DECKER POWERCONNECT™ PRODUCTS GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are legal residents of the USA (residing within the 50 states or Washington, D.C.) and are the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees, their immediate families (defined as spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step-family members) and/or people living in the same household (related or not) of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Pancake Laboratories, Inc. (”Shortstack”), their respective affiliates, and all other persons or entities associated with the promotion and/or administration of this Giveaway (individually and collectively, “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants shall enter this Giveaway, during the Entry Period, via one (1) of the following entry methods (entrant’s choice) only:
(A) Online Entry Form:
Visit https://www.blackanddecker.com/legal/powerconnect-products-giveaway (“Entry Site)”;
Agree to the Official Rules of this Giveaway;
Complete the online entry form;
OPTIONAL: opt-in to receive BLACK+DECKER marketing emails (commercial electronic messages) – not required to enter this Giveaway); and
Submit to enter.
(B) Alternative Method of Entry – Mail-In:
Print the entry form from the Entry Site and complete it in full or use a postcard or sheet of paper and provide the following information: BLACK+DECKER™ POWERCONNECT™ PRODUCTS GIVEAWAY; your (entrant’s) name (first and last); your complete mailing address; your daytime phone number; and your email address.
Mail your completed entry in a stamped envelope addressed to: Black + Decker, 701 E. Joppa Road, Bldg. 600, Towson, MD 21286, ATTN: B. Quintana / BLACK+DECKER™ POWERCONNECT™ PRODUCTS GIVEAWAY;
Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received by Sponsor at the address shown in (B)(ii) above by 11:59:59 PM ET on January 7, 2022;
Full responsibility for the proper postage rests solely with you (the entrant);
Mail-in entries must be submitted by you (the entrant) and contain all required information;
Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible mail-in entries; and
Proof of mailing will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of any mail-in entries by Sponsor.
Limit of one (1) Entry per entrant. Each valid entry entered during the Entry Period is herein referred to as an “Entry.” If this Giveaway is not completed in accordance with these Official Rules, the entrant’s entry will be voided. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be void. Entries will be disqualified if they are forged, falsified, or altered in any way if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not meet the eligibility and other criteria outlined herein. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial Giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, will be disqualified. Entrants may not share the same email address, online entry form or mail-in entry. If an entrant enters this Giveaway more than once, such entrant’s first Entry will be the only qualifying Entry and the other entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not notify any entrant if their entry has been disqualified. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by a service provider. If you opted-in to receive marketing (commercial electronic) emails from Sponsor, you may unsubscribe at any time after the first email.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing will be held on or about January 20, 2022 by a representative of Sponsor. The four (4) Entries drawn will each be declared a potential “Winner”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Each potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via e-mail within seven (7) days after the random drawing is held. The potential Winner must accept the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first notification attempt — failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is not received by a potential Winner for any reason. If a potential Winner does not respond to notification and accept the prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit a prize. If a potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner from amongst all remaining eligible Entries.
5. PRIZE: The prize is as follows:
Approximate Retail Value
One (1) BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES™ Extreme™ Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner (SKU # BSV2020G)
One (1) BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Drill & Home Tool Kit, 68 Piece (SKU # LDX120PK)
One (1) BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Lithium String Trimmer/Edger, Sweeper Plus (SKU # LCC222)
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
* – Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.
The prize will be shipped to each Winner at their USA street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via Sponsor’s preferred carrier up to approximately eight (8) weeks after Sponsor has declared the official Winners. If prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part) for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason whatsoever and in its sole and absolute discretion. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and not redeemable for credit or cash. All income and all other taxes (federal, state, and local) on the prize are sole responsibility of each Winner. The total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Giveaway is $1,133.97. The prize approximate retail value represents Sponsor’s good faith determination, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of a prize constitutes each Winner’s permission for Sponsor and/or its designee(s) to use Winner’s Entry, name, photograph image(s), likenesses, voices, audio, biographical information, statements, personal exposition (and any edited portion thereof), testimonial (in whole or part), prize information and address (city and state) (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and the Winner releases Sponsor and/or its designee(s) from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Giveaway, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless and indemnify the Giveaway Entities, Inc., Giveaway prize suppliers, all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or the Entry Site; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in this Giveaway, including but not limited to delays by the U.S. Postal Service in delivering mail; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in this Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or the Entry Site. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to prize depiction or announcement of any Winner.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules, they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, pandemic or public health crisis (e.g. Coronavirus-19), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland, USA.
11. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS’ LIST: For these Official Rules or the list of Winners, send a self-addressed envelope to: BLACK+DECKER™ POWERCONNECT PRODUCTS GIVEAWAY, 701 E. Joppa Road, Mail Stop TW230, Towson, MD 21286, Attn.: S. Miller. All requests must be received by February 28, 2022.
Shortstack® is a registered trademark of Pancake Laboratories, Inc., which has not sponsored, approved, or endorsed this Giveaway.