Blackdecker – Love Your Home Giveaway Sweepstakes
Love Your Home Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are USA legal residents (50 states or Wash., DC) and are at least the age of majority in their primary state of residence at the time of entry. Employees, their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members) and/or people living in the same household (related or not) of Sponsor, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Sponsor’s licensees or licensors, any entity associated with the promotion or administration of this Giveaway, and any of their respective affiliates (individually and collectively, “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods to enter this Giveaway during the Entry Period, (A) Cloud Page Entry Form, and (B) Mail-In Entry, as described below. Only one (1) entry per entrant will be included in the random drawing.
(A) Cloud Page Entry Form: As a current Black+Decker email subscriber in the USA, you will receive an email from Sponsor about this Giveaway. The email will contain a hyperlink to the Giveaway’s Cloud Page entry form. If you choose to enter the Giveaway via this entry method, click on the Giveaway hyperlink in the email. Complete all required entry fields on the Giveaway entry form. You must also check the box on the entry form consenting to enter this Giveaway. The hyperlink in the email will be unique to you and cannot be used by any other person to enter this Giveaway.
(B) Mail-In Entry:
(1) Complete a 3”X5” postcard with the following information:
Giveaway name: Black+Decker Love Your Home Giveaway;
Entrant’s (your) name (first and last);
Entrant’s (your) full mailing address;
Entrant’s (your) daytime phone number; and
Entrant’s (your) email address.
(2) Mail the completed postcard entry in a stamped envelope to Black + Decker, 701 E. Joppa Road, Bldg. 600, Towson, MD 21286, ATTN: B. Quintana, and include “Black+Decker Love Your Home Giveaway” on the stamped envelope;
(3) Mail-In entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received by Sponsor at the address shown in (2) above no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on March 15, 2021;
(4) Full responsibility for the proper postage rests solely with each entrant;
(5) Mail-in entries must be submitted by entrants and contain all required information;
(6) Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible mail-in entries; and
(7) Proof of mailing will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of any mail-in entries by Sponsor.
Each eligible entry entered during the Entry Period is herein referred to as an “Entry.” By entering this Giveaway, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her Entry is original, he/she owns all right and title thereto, and his/her Entry does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights. If this Giveaway is not completed in accordance with these Official Rules the entrant’s Entry will be voided. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial Giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Giveaway. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, illegible, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by a service provider. Entries will be disqualified if they are forged, falsified, altered or improperly tampered with in any way or if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not meet the eligibility and other criteria outlined herein. If an entrant enters this Giveaway more than once, such entrant’s first Entry will be the only qualifying Entry and the other entries will be disqualified. Submitting multiple entries using multiple email addresses or identities will not be valid and subject to disqualification.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing will be held on or about March 15, 2021 by a representative of Sponsor. The entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received for the Giveaway. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via the e-mail address provided in their Entry within seven (7) business days after the random drawing is held. The potential Winner must accept the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first notification attempt — failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is not received by the potential Winner for any reason. If the potential Winner does not respond to notification and accept the prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If the potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner from amongst all remaining eligible Entries.
5. PRIZE: The prize will be comprised of the following:
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
One (1) Black+Decker 20V MAX* Project Kit (LDX120PK) 68-Piece Project Kit
One (1) Black+Decker 20V MAX* String Trimmer (LSTE525)
One (1) Black+Decker spillbuster™ (BHSB315J) Cordless Spot Cleaner
The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the prize (or any part) for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner should allow up to ten (10) weeks before the prize is mailed to them after they have been declared the official Winner by Sponsor. The prize will be mailed to the Winner’s USA street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via regular ground mail. The prize ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. All income and other taxes (federal, state and local) on the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. * – Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for Sponsor and/or its designee(s) to use Winner’s Entry, name, photograph image (still and/or video), likenesses, voices, audio, biographical information, statements, personal exposition (and any edited portion thereof), testimonial (in whole or part), prize information and address (city and state) (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law), and the Winner releases Sponsor and/or its designee(s) from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Giveaway, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless and indemnify the Giveaway Entities, Inc., Giveaway prize suppliers, all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or the website hosting the Cloud Page entry form; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in this Giveaway; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in this Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, any Giveaway hyperlink and/or the website hosting the Cloud Page entry form. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to prize depiction or announcement of the Winner. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may share information collected through this Giveaway with any of its affiliates and/or third parties necessary to administer this Giveaway and/or award the prize.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. Coronavirus/COVID-19), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER’S NAME: For these Official Rules or the Winner’s name, send a self-addressed envelope to: Black+Decker Love Your Home Giveaway, 701 E. Joppa Road, Mail Stop TW230, Towson, MD 21286, USA, Attn.: S. Miller. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by April 30, 2021.