Black Entertainment Television – Schoolboy Q Los Angeles Vip Getaway – Win one double occupancy standard hotel room for two nights/three days and tickets for winner and guest for admission to the Concert
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (void in Alaska and Hawaii). Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. Eligibility: The “Crash with BET Digital Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the contiguous forty-eight (48) United States and the District of Columbia (i.e., excluding Alaska and Hawaii) who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. If a person is at least eighteen (18) years old and is deemed a minor in his/her state/jurisdiction of primary residence, that person must have his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s permission to enter this Promotion. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”), Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. (“Prize Provider”), and their parent(s), affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner.
2. Sponsor: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by YouTube. This Promotion is in no way sponsored or administered by Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. All inquiries regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor.
3. Promotion Period: Eligible persons may enter during the period starting on November 12, 2019 at around 9:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“ET”) and ending on November 22, 2019 at around 11:59 PM ET. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter: To enter, eligible persons must, during the Promotion Period:
A. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4opp2airdA and view the entire episode (found on that webpage) of Sponsor’s “Finding” digital series; and
B. Then visit www.bet.com/schoolboyq and on that webpage, correctly answer the question(s) and provide the contact information requested, including first and last name, email address and phone number.
All entries must adhere to the following guidelines (as applicable) in order to be eligible:
· Must adhere to any limitations/restrictions/requirements set forth above;
· Must be the entrant’s completely original work (modification of another party’s original work is not an original work), must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source, and must not use pre-existing music/samples and lyrics not owned by entrant.
· Must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the entry is created;
· Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights. Without limiting the foregoing, the entry must not mention or otherwise include any third party trademarks (other than those of Sponsor); and
· MUST NOT include any reference to third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized the entrant to do so. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed authorizations by such third parties upon request.
By entering, each entrant agrees that the entrant and his/her entry must comply with these Official Rules and YouTube’s terms, conditions and policies, and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may reject any entrant’s entry and disqualify him/her if Sponsor believes that such entrant and/or his/her entry fails to adhere to the terms and conditions herein, including but not limited to the above guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Promotion.
Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion is prohibited and all such entries will be void. Proof of submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, unintelligible, incomplete, lost, late entries, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Entry must be submitted by the entrant. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified from the Promotion and may no longer be allowed to enter Sponsor’s sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Selection and Verification of Winner: On or about November 23, 2019, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified via email and/or phone. POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND TO THE WINNER NOTIFICATION WITHIN THE TIME STATED IN THE WINNER NOTIFICATION (WHICH TIME WILL BE EITHER TWENTY-FOUR (24) OR FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS AFTER THE NOTIFICATION IS SENT, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION); IF SPONSOR DOES NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A POTENTIAL WINNER WITHIN THAT TIME (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), THAT POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND, IN HIS/HER PLACE, AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, EACH POTENTIAL WINNER (OR THE POTENTIAL WINNER’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN, IF THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE/JURISDICTION OF PRIMARY RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN, WITHIN THE APPLICABLE TIME (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”), W-9 FORM, AND ANY OTHER DOCUENTS SENT BY SPONSOR IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS/HER PRIZE. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will randomly select an alternate potential winner in his/her place. Up to two (2) alternate potential winner may be selected for the prize (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winner: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
Screening of Potential Winner: SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SCREEN ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF SPONSOR DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT THE REPUTATION, IMAGE, AND/OR CUSTOMER GOODWILL OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, OR LOGOS.
6. Prize: One (1) prize is available to be awarded in this Promotion. The prize is a trip to the TDE Presents ScHoolboy Q: CrasH Tour concert (the “Concert”) to be held on December 4, 2019 in Inglewood, California, and the prize consists of: (i) round-trip economy class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major gateway airport nearest the prize winner’s residence to the Los Angeles, California area departing on the day prior to the selected concert and returning on the day following the selected concert; (ii) one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for two (2) nights / three (3) days; and (iii) tickets for winner and guest for admission to the Concert. Selection of hotel, airline, airline and/or Concert seat locations are solely within Prize Provider’s discretion. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Prize Provider reserves the right to provide a $500.00 pre-paid cash gift card to use toward ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the winner resides within one hundred fifty (150) miles from concert venue. Winner will be required to provide a credit card to hotel to cover incidentals, which are not included in prize package. Travel must take place on the day prior to the Concert and return the day following the Concert. No alternative travel dates are available. If winner is unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. All travel subject to availability and restrictions. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, the travel guest must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. A minor may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. Passport or a valid state-issued driver’s license or Real identification card, as applicable) required for travel. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible and will have no liability if the winner and/or his/her guest is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant airport authorities or misses a flight or other travel element. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of Prize Provider. Resale of tickets is prohibited. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is: Two Thousand Four Hundred Dollars ($2,400), depending upon winner’s point of travel origin and airfare fluctuations at the time of taking the trip. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. The winner may be required to provide his/her social security number and issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion.
Winner and guest must abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the airline(s), airports, hotel, and venue where the Concert will take place (the “Venue”). In the event winner and/or guest engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by Sponsor, Prize Provider, and/or the owner(s)/personnel of the Venue (the “Prize Travel Parties”), in each such party’s sole discretion) is obnoxious, a safety risk, threatening, or illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of any of the Released Parties (as defined below) or any of their respective services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor and Prize Provider reserve the right to revoke all or part of the prize with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner and/or guest (as determined by any of the Prize Travel Parties, in each such party’s sole discretion). In the event winner and/or guest, in the course of using the prize, engages in behavior that (as determined by any of the Prize Travel Parties, in each such party’s sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner and/or guest to arrest or detention, none of the Release Parties (as defined below) shall have any obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner and/or guest as a result of such conduct. NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) shall have ANY liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s or Guest’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
7. General Conditions: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated or other digital platform with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, modify, suspend, postpone, cancel or terminate (or any portion thereof), including, but not limited to, voiding any suspect entries and awarding the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. Limitations of Liability and Releases: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, LIVE NATION WORLDWIDE, INC., YOUTUBE, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED THEREFROM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity; License. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS, SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES/USER NAMES AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. Winner Name: For name of winner, available for sixty (60) days after verification of all winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Crash with BET Digital Sweepstakes”, Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
Copyright ©2019 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.