AT&T Mobility – 2020 Prepaid Sweepstakes
“2020 PREPAID SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION”
SPONSORED BY AT&T MOBILITY LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION (DEFINED BELOW) IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”) ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
The Promotion consists of five (5) separate and distinct sweepstakes (each a “Sweepstakes” and in the plural “Sweepstakes”), with each Sweepstakes having its own Entry Period (defined below), winner determination and prizing (all as detailed below).
1. Promotion Period and Entry Periods: The “2020 PREPAID Sweepstakes Promotion” (“Promotion”) commences at 12:00 AM CT on July 6, 2020 with the start of the Entry Period for the first Sweepstakes and ends at 11:59 PM CT on August 9, 2020 with the end of the Entry Period for the fifth and final Sweepstakes (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries must be received within the specific Entry Period to be eligible for the specific Sweepstakes. Entries that are not selected as a prize winner in a specific Sweepstakes DO NOT remain eligible for subsequent Sweepstakes (if any). All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter a Sweepstakes in the Promotion you must, as of July 3 2020, be: (i) an existing AT&T PREPAID customer with an account in “good standing” as determined by AT&T in its sole discretion; and (ii) a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien who is physically located within the Eligibility Area who is at least the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry: 18 years of age in most states, 19 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi. Employees, agents, directors of AT&T Mobility LLC (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), and Wasserman (“Administrator”), West Coast Marketing, a division of The Susquehanna Hat Company (“West Coast Marketing”) and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Promotion (“Promotion Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter a Sweepstakes within the Promotion.
By participating in this Promotion, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Promotion and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Promotion Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Promotion or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. Promotion Overview: This Promotion, consisting of five (5) separate Sweepstakes has five (5) separate entry periods as specified below (the “Entry Period(s)”) and a random drawing during which four (4) potential winners will be selected for each Sweepstakes resulting in a total of twenty (20) Winners (defined below) in the Promotion.
Entry Period (all times are in “CT”)
7/6/20 (12:00 AM) – 7/12/20 (11:59 PM)
“Sweepstakes No. 1”
7/13/20 (12:00 AM) – 7/19/20 (11:59 PM)
“Sweepstakes No. 2”
7/20/20 (12:00 AM) – 7/26/20 (11:59 PM)
“Sweepstakes No. 3”
7/27/20 (12:00 AM) – 8/2/20 (11:59 PM)
“Sweepstakes No. 4”
8/3/20 (12:00 AM) – 8/9/20 (11:59 PM)
“Sweepstakes No. 5”
As stated above, Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) not selected as a prize winner in a specific Sweepstakes will NOT remain in the pool of entries for any subsequent Sweepstakes (if any) during the Promotion Period.
4. To Enter: Visit www.2020prepaidsweepstakes.com (“Sweepstakes Site”) during a specific Sweepstakes Entry Period and: (i) answer the three (3) posted multiple choice questions relating to AT&T PREPAID; and (ii) complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. You do not need to answer the questions correctly to receive an entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Message and data rates may apply if entrant enters a Sweepstakes via mobile device.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per household in the Promotion. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry per Sweepstakes, only the first entry per Sweepstakes will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in a specific Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Promotion Period. The “authorized account subscriber” for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in a Sweepstakes which are in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entry will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
5. Odds: The odds of becoming a Sweepstakes winner in a specific Sweepstakes depends on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period for the applicable Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: The Winners in each Sweepstakes (hereinafter defined) will each receive: (i) one (1) smartphone (no activation or service fees included), with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $749.99; and (ii) one (1) $100 PREPAID card (subject to the terms and conditions of the PREPAID card), with an ARV of $100, collectively (the “Prize” or “Prizes”). The total ARV of each Prize is $849.99. The total ARV for each separate Sweepstakes is $3,399.96. The ARVs specified herein are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in Promotion, each Winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Promotion Winner List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be four (4) potential winners selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries in each Sweepstakes as specified in Section 3 herein by Sponsor’s independent judging agency, Administrator or its designee. Administrator or its designee will attempt to contact the potential winners via the telephone number provided at time of entry and by entering a Sweepstakes the entrant hereby grants permission to be contacted via telephone. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly and/or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries for the applicable Sweepstakes.
9. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential winners must each execute and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator or its designee, within two (2) days of issuance of such documentation from Administrator (or its designee) or Sponsor, a complete and valid IRS Form W9 and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Promotion Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Promotion, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Promotion Entities the right to use Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into a Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to complete, notarize and return such release. If a potential winner does not execute this release and return it within the time frame specified, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential winners are otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential winners will each be determined to be an official Sweepstakes winner (“Winner” and collectively “Winners”).
Winners must also complete any additional documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential winner. Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
By participating in Promotion, Winners acknowledge that Promotion Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes that Winners deem appropriate.
10. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or about August – October, 2020, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will only be shipped to physical street addresses within the Eligibility Area. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Promotion in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Promotion Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation, any activation or service fees or any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROMOTION ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Promotion materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator (or its designee) and/or Sponsor.
11. Taxes: As stated above, the Winners must supply Sponsor or its designee with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. The value of Prize is taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
12 General Terms: Promotion Entities are not responsible if Promotion or part thereof cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Promotion Entities. If, for any reason Promotion or part thereof is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Promotion Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or part thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Promotion or any part of the Promotion. If Promotion or any part of the Promotion is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the final Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on www.2020prepaidsweepstakes.com if time permits and the applicable Prizes will be awarded to Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted, applicable Eligible Entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Promotion for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Promotion, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Promotion related advertisements. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Promotion, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Promotion Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Promotion or part thereof; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF A SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST PROMOTION ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING A SWEEPSTAKES WITHIN THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY — WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION — BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SWEEPSTAKES SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION OR PART THEREOF MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For an Official Winners List (available after 9/3/20), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The “2020 PREPAID Sweepstakes Promotion” (please specify Official Winner List or Official Rules), P.O. Box 9142, Calabasas, CA 91372. Residents of Vermont with a return address in Vermont may omit the return postage on their Official Rules request. Official Rules are also available at Sweepstakes Site during the Promotion.
14. Sponsored by:This Promotion is sponsored by AT&T Mobility LLC, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
15. Administered by:This Promotion is administered by West Coast Marketing, 22287 Mulholland Hwy., #396, Calabasas, CA 91302.