Amica Insurance – Pandora Backroads Flyaway – Win a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) of his/her guest (“Guest”)to Nashville
FLYAWAY SWEEPSTAKES PRESENTED BY AMICA INSURANCE
OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR:Amica Mutual Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates including but not limited to Amica Life Insurance Company and Amica Property and Casualty with its principal place of business at 100 Amica Way, Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865. (“Sponsor”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001(“Administrator”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Pandora Backroads Flyaway Sweepstakes Presented by Amica Insurance (“Sweepstakes”) is open to permanent legal United States residents physically residing in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) who are age 21 or older and the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry.Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Pandora Media, Inc. (“Pandora”),and any oftheir respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and immediate family members and/or household members of such persons, are not eligible to participate or win.Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law.
“Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not.
By participating, you (“Entrant” or “You”) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, are final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries (as defined below) received. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
4. HOW TO ENTER:You may enter the Sweepstakes during the entry period starting at 12:00am (ET) on October 2, 2018 and ending at 11:59 pm (ET)onOctober 14, 2018(the “Sweepstakes Period”).To enter,visit www.AmicaPandoraSweeps.com during the Sweepstakes Period and follow all online instructions to complete and submit the entry form (referred herein as “Entry”). All Entries become the property of Sponsors, and will not be acknowledged.Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per day. Multiple Entrants are not allowed to share the same email address. Multiple Entries received from any person or email address beyond this limit will void all such additional Entries. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an Entrant or Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible.
For purposes of these Official Rules, all times and days are Eastern Time. Administrator’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Normal internet access and data usage charges imposed by your on-line service or wireless service provider will apply.
5. LIMITATIONS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and their Entries will be void. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant’s Entry in the Sweepstakes if Administrator determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deceptive, using unfair playing practices or entering robotic submissions. Administrator reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rulesor any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Administrator reserves the right to select the winner from among all eligible Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, in a manner determined by Administrator to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such cancellation, modification or suspension will be posted on the Website.
The Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Neither the Sweepstakes Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for: (a) Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the eligible States mentioned in section 3 above; (b) Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; (c) lost, interrupted or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, websites, or other connection, availability, or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; (d) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, clerical, typographical or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the offering or announcement of the Prize (defined in Section 6) or in any Prize notification documents; (e) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (f) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or(g) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):One (1) grand prize(“Grand Prize” or “Prize”) will be awarded.The Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner” or “Winner”) will receive a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) of his/her guest (“Guest”)to Nashville, Tennessee(“City”) to attend the Pandora concert(“Event”) on November 2, 2018. Grand Prize consisting of the following elements:  round-trip coach class air transportation to Nashville, TN, from a major commercial airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights near the Winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”).If Winner’s residence is located less than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a $500 travel allowance in the form of a check in lieu of air transportation;  two (2) night hotel accommodations (one standard room/double occupancy, including room tax only). Winner or Guest will be required to present a valid credit card to cover any potential personal costs at hotel at time of check in;  hotel/Event round-trip ground transportation;  two (2) tickets to attend the Event with expedited access; and  $500 spending money to be awarded in the form of a check to Winner only.Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,000, which will vary depending upon points of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. If the actual value of the Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded.
Winner and Guest must follow all instructions and/or security procedures imposed during the Prize redemption including any other applicable local laws. The Sponsor, Event personnel(s) and/or Pandora representative(s) reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend or cancel Winner’s and/or Guest participation due to non-compliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct.
All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, baggage fees, tax, beverages, food, gratuities and tips, travel or medical insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions and blackout dates apply. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Grand Prize Winner must travel on Administrator-selected dates or Winner forfeits the Prize in its entirety. Travel must be made through Administrator’s agent and Administratorshall determine airline, flight itinerary and hotel in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor or Administratorin any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. If the Event is canceled or postponed for any reason, all remaining portions of the Prize will be awarded without the Event portion of the Prize and no additional compensation will be provided. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. Any depiction of the Prize is for illustrative purposes only. No substitution allowed except, at Administrator’s sole discretion, a Prize of comparable or greater value may be substituted. Administrator will not replace any lost/mutilated/stolen tickets or travel vouchers/certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizemust be validly claimed by October 31, 2018, after which no alternate Winner will be selected, nor unclaimed Prize awarded.
By accepting the Prize, Winner grants the Sponsor, Pandora and the other Sweepstakes Entities, the right to capture and publish/share photos/videos of the trip, in whole or in part, without additional permission, notification, compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law, and in furtherance of the foregoing You specifically and irrevocably hereby grant to Sponsor and Pandora, and each of their respective affiliates and licensees the right to use and otherwise exploit such recordings with your name, voice and likeness(regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion), in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, on website(s), mobile platforms and widgets owned, controlled and/or administered by Sponsor, Pandora, and/or any of their respective affiliates or licensees, and in any advertising or press coverage related to the foregoing. By accepting this Prize, You agree not to re-sell a Prize.
7. PROCEDURES AND ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning thePrize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator will select the potential Winner in a random drawing on or about October 15, 2018 from among all eligible Entries received.
8. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: The potential Winner is subject to verification and Entrant’s full compliance with these Official Rules before any Prize will be awarded. The potential Winner will be notified via email andwill be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release (“Affidavit”) within five (5) business days of notification. At the sole discretion of the Administrator, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner (if time permits) may result from any of the following: (a)apotential Winner’s failure to execute and return Affidavit within five (5) business days; (b)the return of any notification as undeliverable; (c) a potential Winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency, if required; (d)a potential Winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry, if required; (e) a potential Winner’s failure to provide any required additional information upon Administrator’s request; and/or (f) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the Prize, including sales or use taxes. Winner is required to furnish his/her Social Security number to the Administrator and an IRS Form 1099-Misc tax will be filed in the name of winner for the value of the prize. In the event of Prize forfeiture by a potential Winner, the Administratormay, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any.Guestmust be 21 years or older and will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to participation.
10. RELEASES: By participating in this Sweepstakes, You agree to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel in connection with the Prize); and (ii) any acceptance, possession, receipt, redemption, use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to Entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel in connection with the Prize).
Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Entrant acknowledges that the releases herein are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (B) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (C) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that these Official Rules (or any part thereof) are invalid, illegal, or otherwise voidable (or void) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in New York, New York under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures; (b) any and all claims, judgments, liabilities, and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or otherwise accessing this Sweepstakes, and in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (c) under no circumstances will You be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive, or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of this Sweepstakes or any content or other material used or displayed on this Sweepstakes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. GENERAL: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. OFFICIAL RULES &WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Winner (available after November 15, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to (before November 15, 2018):Pandora Backroads Flyaway Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Ventura Associates, Ref#WG, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001. For a copy of these Official Rules, print this web page or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:Pandora Backroads Flyaway Sweepstakes Official Rules, c/o Ventura Associates, Ref# WG, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001 before the end of the Sweepstakes Period.Only one request of either type, mailed separately, will be fulfilled.
All marks herein are the property of their respective owners who, other than Sponsor, are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes nor do they have any responsibilities regarding its conduct or administration.