Alliance Laundry Systems – Win a washing machine & a dryer
Terms & Conditions
SPEED QUEEN® Washer & Dryer Couple Appreciation 2019 Giveaway
Sponsored by Alliance Laundry Systems LLC (herein “Sponsor”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Speed Queen® Washer & Dryer Couple Appreciation Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on April 17, 2019 at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other service agencies involved with design, execution or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The database clock for the Website will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. drawing: One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on or before April 30, 2019. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the giveaway.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential Prize winner (or, if a minor in his/her jurisdiction, their parent or legal guardian) will be notified by telephone and/or email, within fourteen (14) days of date of notification. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize may be awarded in the name of winner’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein, and will be required to accompany such winner as his/her guest, as Sponsor determines at its sole discretion. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the guest is a child or legal ward of the winner. Guest must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of Prize. If a guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and random selection of alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. If Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected. By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, the right to use his/her name and likeness in advertising, publicity and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. PRIZE: One winner will receive one (1) Speed Queen [TR7000WN White Top Load] washing machine and one (1) Speed Queen [DR7000WG Gas or DR7000WE Electric] dryer (“Prize”). Approximate retail value (ARV): $2068.00. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize at the time the prize is awarded will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with Prize receipt, regardless of whether Prize is used in whole or in part. Prizes include the standard product warranty. Winner must accept Prize delivery and installation in their home within six weeks of acceptance.
7. GENERAL: By participating, entrants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other service agencies involved with design, execution or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and the respective attorneys, directors, officers, agents and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section. The winner(s) agree(s) to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, photos, biographical data, cities and states of residence, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the application used for the collection of Sweepstakes entries; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the independent Sweepstakes organization, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. If Sponsor or independent Sweepstakes organization suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practical. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes or Prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to an awarded Prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (iv) failure of the application used for collection of Sweepstakes entries or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of a Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), or to amend the Official Rules, at any time, in any way, and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may conduct the drawing at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries received for each Event up to time of such action for this Sweepstakes. In the event of any such termination or suspension, a notice may be posted online. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the State of Wisconsin or the appropriate Wisconsin State Court located in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Wisconsin law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Wisconsin, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 9 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Wisconsin in the County of Fond du Lac.
10. WINNER’S NAME: For the winner’s name (available after winner has been verified), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by December 10, 2018 to: Speed Queen March Washer & Dryer Giveaway Winner’s Name Request, 21 Sheppard St., Ripon, WI, 54971-0990
11. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. By entering this Sweepstakes you consent and agree to Sponsor’s collection and use of your information to administer this Sweepstakes. If you consented on the entry form, Sponsor may also use your information to contact you regarding this Sweepstakes or to promote with marketing communications (for example, E-Mails containing coupons, product information or future promotional information). If you wish to Opt Out from e-mail marketing communication from Speed Queen Home please send an email with the subject: “Opt Out” to OptOutSQH@alliancels.com.[RM1] Please include the email address you wish to remove in the body of the email.
12. RULES GOVERN. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes related materials, including, but not limited to, the Sweepstakes entry form, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
SPONSOR: Alliance Laundry Systems LLC, Shepard Street PO Box 990
Ripon, WI 54971-0990
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.