Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas – Proud Mary Keep On Burning – Win “Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes to one (1) Grand Prize Winner
Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, LLC
“PROUD MARY KEEP ON BURNING SWEEPSTAKES”
PROUD MARY KEEP ON BURNING SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OF GOODS OR SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A TICKET WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Alamo Drafthouse Proud Mary Sweepstakes (“Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) states of the United States (the “U.S.”) and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) as of January 21, 2018, with access to the Internet at all times during the Promotion Period (defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (defined below). All employees of Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, LLC (“Sponsor”), affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies,(hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family member (mother, father, sister, brother, any child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. You may enter this Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, and/or any other sweepstakes, contest(s) or promotions sponsored by Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, but you may only win one (1) grand prize from Alamo Drafthouse Cinema within any sixty (60) day period. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 2:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 8, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on January 26, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS AND LIMITATIONS: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this Sweepstakes: (a) through a Purchase Entry (defined below), and/or (b) through a Standard Entry (defined below) (together, “Entry(ies)”).
PURCHASE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
*IMPORTANT: CALLING PLAN, CELLULAR PROVIDER OR CARRIER MESSAGE (INCLUDING ERROR MESSAGE), DATA AND MINUTE RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO CHECK YOUR MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE CARRIER’S RATE PLAN BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR MOBILE DEVICE. WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS.
ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY – STANDARD ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
During the Promotion Period, you may also choose to enter the Sweepstakes without purchasing a movie ticket(s) by filling out one (1) free standard sweepstakes entry form at TBD WEBSITE (“Standard Entry”). You will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes for each Standard Entry submitted during the Promotion Period.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY LIMITATIONS
Limit of one (1) Entry in total per person, per Alamo Victory Account (as applicable), per e-mail address and per household during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry (or combination thereof). Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) Entry into this Sweepstakes will result in such entrant being disqualified. Entries will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the account used in connection with the movie ticket purchase or free entry form. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. An “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or other online account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or online accounts for the domain or website associated with the submitted e-mail address or online account.
4. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: One (1) potential grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner” or “Winner”) will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about January 29, 2018. The potential Winner will be notified via e-mail within three (3) days after the drawing (“Prize Award Period”) to either: (1) the e-mail address associated with the Alamo Victory account used for his or her Purchase Entry; or (2) the e-mail address submitted with his/her Standard Entry. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Winner selected at random. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential Winner’s failure to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within one (1) day after its transmission, if and as applicable; (5) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to validly claim the Prize by February 28, 2018; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner.
Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software and for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: human errors, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules, selection and announcement of the Winners and distribution of the prizes. Any notice of termination, modification or suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, malfunction of the Alamo Drafthouse App, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, APPLICATION OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. PRIZES: One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes to one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize shall consists of $1,500 towards gym membership and personal training sessions. The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is fifteen hundred dollars and zero cents ($1500 USD).
Grand prize winner is solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes he or she may be liable for as a result of being the winner and receiving the prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash except as required by law. Prizes are not transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. A Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All federal, state and local taxes on a Prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these Official Rules are the responsibility of each Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 in his/her name for the fair market value of the Prize they have won for the calendar year in which the Prize was won, if applicable. Each Prize Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to Prize after it is placed by Sponsor with a third party common carrier for shipment to Winner. The Prizes will be shipped only to an address in the United States. No portion of the Prizes will be replaced if lost or stolen. Prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by February 12, 2018, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded. Any difference between actual value and stated approximate retail value will not be awarded.
PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS-IS’’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SPONSOR AND RELEASED PARTIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF A PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY A PRIZE WINNER, PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST, OR OTHER USERS OF THE PRIZE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF ANY APPLICABLE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions on the Website and the Alamo Drafthouse App and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and released parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of the Prize Winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select the Prize Winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor’s sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website or application operated by the Sponsor and Released Parties; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor and Released Parties property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of a Prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. Sponsor and Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant (including each Prize Winner) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of, related to or in connection with (i) the Sweepstakes; (ii) receipt or redemption of a Prize; or (iii) entrant’s participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a Prize.
8. Venue of any action brought concerning the Sweepstakes shall be in Austin, Texas, and shall not be subject to transfer to another venue or locale for any reason. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that you will not commence or participate in any class action litigation, or join with any other person in a legal proceeding, concerning the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes, these Official Rules, the entire relationship between you and Sponsor, and any legal proceeding arising therefrom (whether based on contract, tort, law or equity), shall be governed by, construed in accordance with, and enforced pursuant to, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor and Released Parties shall not be liable to Prize Winners or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: If you wish to receive the winner’s name, have questions about the Sweepstakes, do not want to receive future Sweepstakes or mailings, specify your request and write to: Sponsor, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
12. SPONSOR: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701.