Accor – Diner En Blanc Sofitel – Win one trip for Winner and one guest to Winner’s choice of any Sofitel brand hotel located in Canada or the United States of America
Diner En Blanc Sofitel Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please note: Your participation in the Diner En Blanc Sofitel Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) means that you have read and unconditionally agree to the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes set forth below, without modification (“Rules”). Please read the Rules carefully. If you do not agree with them and/or if you do not meet the eligibility criteria set forth below, please do not participate in any component of the Promotion. These Rules constitute a legally binding agreement between the person entering the Sweepstakes (“you” or “entrant”) and Sponsor, as defined below.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) and Canada who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees of Accor S.A., Sofitel Inc., Diner En Blanc International, Inc., (“Promotional Partner”) and their respective affiliate, subsidiary and parent companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s, Promotional Partner’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Accor Management Canada Inc., 155 Wellington St. West, Ste. 3300, Toronto ON M5V 3H1 Canada. Promotional Partner: Diner En Blanc International, Inc., 3737 Cremazie Suite #500, Montreal Quebec, H2T 2A3 CANADA. Administrator: Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road, Suite 417, Westbury, NY 11590 U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 23, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
5. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.sofitelenblanc.com and complete the Official Online Entry Form (“Entry”) as directed by submitting your complete name, mailing address, valid email address and telephone number. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per email address. The computer of the Sweepstakes application is the official time-keeping device of this Sweepstakes. Duplicate Entries or multiple Entries made by an entrant in excess of the number allowed will be disqualified. Use of robotic, automatic, or macro devices is not valid for Entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of a robotic, automated or macro device will be void. Use of SMS is not valid for Entry. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
Bonus Entries: You can earn bonus Sweepstakes Entries as outlined below.
Tell A Friend Program: After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to submit the names and email addresses of up to three (3) friends per day who must be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Sweepstakes. For each referral of up to three (3) friends per day with valid email addresses, you will be given one (1) additional Entry into the Sweepstakes up to a total of three (3) additional Entries per day during the Sweepstakes Period. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship and whose consent you have received to share such information with us. By providing their names and email addresses, you are confirming that you have an existing relationship with them and you have received their consent to share their information with us. FOR CANADIAN REFERRALS – You may only provide the names and email addresses of Canadian residents if you have a family or personal relationship with them and they have consented to your providing us with their names and email addresses. By providing their names and email addresses, you are confirming that you have such a family or personal relationship (or you are confirming that you are not providing any Canadian residents’ names and email addresses) and that you have received their consent to share their information with us. A “family relationship” means that you are related to the other individual through a marriage, a common law partnership, or any legal parent-child relationship and have engaged in direct, voluntary, two-way communication with that individual. A “personal relationship” means that you engage or have engaged in direct, voluntary, two-way communications with the other individual and it would be reasonable to conclude you have a personal relationship, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as the sharing of interests, experiences, opinions and information evidenced in the communications, the frequency of communication, the length of time since you have communicated or whether you have met in person. If you do not have such family or personal relationship with each Canadian resident, you may be found in violation of Canadian law and subject to fines and penalties.
Twitter Share Referral: After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to share the Sweepstakes on Twitter by clicking on the link to share a prepopulated message on Twitter. By doing so, you will be given one (1) additional Entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: up to one (1) additional Sweepstakes Entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Selection of Winners/Random Drawing: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and two (2) potential First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about January 15, 2020 by the Administrator. The Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
7. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. POTENTIAL CANADIAN WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION TO WIN AS DISCUSSED BELOW.
8. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. The potential prize winners will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance or similar documentation, which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Non-compliance with any of these Rules may result in disqualification, and if the entrant is disqualified, the prize winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the signed Declaration of Compliance (if required) is not received by Sponsor in a timely manner, the prize winner fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question (if applicable), the prize winner is ineligible, or the prize winner declines his/her prize, the prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by Sponsor, or for any change of entrant’s email, telephone or mailing address.
9. Three (3) Prizes and their approximate retail values (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive one (1) trip for Winner and one (1) guest to Winner’s choice of any Sofitel brand hotel located in Canada or the United States of America, consisting of round-trip economy-class air transportation between major commercial airport nearest winner’s home and destination city; and four (4) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy)at the Winner’s chosen hotel. Grand Prize ARV: $4,000; and Two (2) First Prizes: The first First Prize Winner selected in the random drawing will receive one (1) trip for Winner and one (1) guest to the Sofitel New York, New York City, NY, USA, consisting of round-trip economy-class air transportation between major commercial airport nearest winner’s home and the Sofitel New York; and two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at Sofitel New York; and the second First Prize Winner selected in the random drawing will receive one (1) trip for Winner and one (1) guest to the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL, USA, consisting of round-trip economy-class air transportation between major commercial airport nearest winner’s home and the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile; and two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile. Each First Prize ARV: $3,000.
Total ARV of all prizes: $10,000.
Restrictions and Conditions on Prize Redemption.
a. Generally. Winners must take the trip by December 31, 2020 or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Specific dates for travel and hotel stays are subject to availability and blackout dates at the airlines and applicable hotel(s). Grand Prize and First Prize air travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Hotel stays are subject to the applicable hotel’s policies. Each Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute any liability/publicity releases required by Sponsor prior to issuance of travel documents.
b. Exclusions. Winners and their guests will be solely responsible for any and all fees, charges, purchases, costs or other amounts relating to their redemption of the prize; Sponsor will only provide the prize components explicitly listed above. Without limiting the foregoing, Winners/guests will be solely responsible for: any and all meals, beverages, in-room movies, mini-bar items, upgrades, and any and all personal incidentals charged to a Winner’s hotel room, ground transportation, meals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses
c. Travel Documents; Taxes. Each Winner and guest is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents including but not limited to a valid U.S. Government issued Identification, a valid U.S. Passport and/or valid Visa prior to travel and the associated costs for these requirements. Winners and guests are solely responsible for obtaining his/her own medical, travel, and life insurance and any associated costs. All Winners/guests will be solely responsible for all federal, state, local or other government or quasi-government taxes and fees on prize, as well as any and all expenses that may be associated with the acceptance and use of prize. Each Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099MISC for the ARV of the Grand Prize.
d. Sponsor Substitutions; Other Changes Prohibited. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination and time of year the trip is taken. Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The value of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Once the travel is booked for a Winner and his/her guest, changes cannot be made. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a Winner’s change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. Sponsor is not responsible for flight postponement or cancellation.
e. Additional Terms. If a Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of that prize and no other compensation in lieu of that prize will be awarded. Each Prize Winner will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Defense and/or the Department of Homeland Security, as required.
10. Publicity: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that if you are a Winner, we may list your first initial and last name and city/state or province and country of origin in our promotional materials regarding these Sweepstakes for up to one (1) year following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
11. Release and Indemnity: Please read this Section carefully. It affects your legal rights.
a. Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes and the acceptance or use of any prize, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Partner Administrator, Sofitel, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, liability, loss, damage, fine, penalty, cost or expense (“Claims”) arising out of, relating to, associated with or incidental to the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s participation therein, , whether known or unknown to entrant at the time of this waiver, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees to permanently and forever waive any and all such Claims against any and all Released Parties to which it may be entitled, including those of which it may not be aware as of the date of this waiver.
For residents of California: Residents of California, United States of America, explicitly agree to waive the protections to which they may be entitled under California Civil Code Section 1542, which reads:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
b. Indemnity: Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all Claims arising out of or relating to the entrant’s failure to comply with these Rules and entrant’s acts or failures to act.
12. Limitation of Liability: Without limiting any other term or condition of these Rules, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or email; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in Entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. If for any reason an entrant’s Sweepstakes entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the applicable portion of the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing as set forth above among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Winners List/Official Rules: To obtain a Winners List, (available after January 31, 2020), or a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope before January 31, 2020 to: Diner En Blanc Sofitel Sweepstakes, c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road, Suite 306, Westbury, NY 11590. VT and Canadian residents may omit return postage. Please specify “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on the outer envelope.