ABC – Marvel’s Inhumans at Aulani Resort – Win a 5-day trip for 4 to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii valued at $5,508
The “Marvel’s Inhumans at Aulani Resort Sweepstakes”
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account and/or Twitter account to participate.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Eligibility: The “Marvel’s Inhumans at Aulani Resort Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Employees of American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“Sponsor”), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. (“Administrator”), any organizations sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, as well as any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Marvel’s Inhumans television show (“Show”) (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:01 a.m. ET on September 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 10, 2017. (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
How To Enter:
Entrants may enter during the Promotion Period via Twitter by posting a “Tweet” of one hundred forty (140) characters or less that includes the hashtag “#AulaniInhumansSweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes Hashtag”)
Hashtag is not case-sensitive.
You may include a photo and/or comment as part of your Tweet, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of a photo and/or comment in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do add a photo and/or comment, all uses of the word “Tweet” in these Official Rules (as used in conjunction with entries) includes the accompanying photo/comment as well.
Your Tweet that includes the Sweepstakes Hashtag (#AulaniInhumansSweepstakes) will constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes (the “Entry”).
If you do not have a Twitter account, you can visit http://twitter.com and create a Twitter account according to the instructions on the website. Creating a Twitter account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account.
BY POSTING A TWEET THAT INCLUDES THE SWEEPSTAKES HASHTAG “#AULANIINHUMANSSWEEPSTAKES”, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT POST A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Tweet must be created for the sole purpose of this Sweepstakes and must be posted by the entrant. Re-Tweets will not be accepted. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, Tweets must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Twitter.
Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Entries must be submitted via “tweet” on Twitter in their entirety prior to expiration of the Promotion Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period, regardless of the number of Twitter accounts a person may have. You may only use one (1) Twitter account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Website. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” or “private,” your Entry may not be viewable by Sponsor/Administrator, and thus, it is recommended that your Twitter account is set to “public” in order to enter.
If you opt to download and/or access Twitter via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on Sponsor’s Twitter page. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
4. Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and Twitter, each Entry must not contain any content that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is profane, obscene, disparaging or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, infringes on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If an Entry cannot be viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor or Administrator for any reason, such Entry shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
5. Random Drawing/Selection of Winner/Notification of Winner: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 11/13/17 from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entry is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines in Section 4 above), the content of the Entry will NOT be taken into account in the winner selection process. Drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Potential winner will be notified by direct message to the potential winner’s Twitter account from the Inhumans Twitter account (@TheInhumans) and must allow for TheInhumans to contact him/her via direct message. Entrants are encouraged to regularly check their direct messages following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. The notification message via Twitter will request that the potential winner email the Administrator at the specified email address with specific personal information (e.g., full name, address, phone number, email address, Twitter handle). Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within forty-eight (48) hours after notification or return of direct message or at reply as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification.
Potential winner will be required to sign and return, within three (3) business days from date of transmission, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period (if applicable), potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds:
Grand Prize – 1 winner: The Grand Prize consists of a 5-day/4-night trip for the Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) guests (collectively, “Group”) to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai’i (“Aulani Resort”) (collectively, the “Trip”). Trip consists of: roundtrip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near Grand Prize Winner’s legal U.S. residence (as selected by Sponsor) (“Airport of Origin”) to the Honolulu International Airport (with possible layovers); four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Honolulu International Airport and Aulani Resort; room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (quadruple occupancy) for four (4) nights at Aulani Resort; and one (1) $150.00 gift card (subject to terms and conditions thereon). See below for additional restrictions regarding the Trip. ARV of Grand Prize: $5,508.00. The ARV for the Grand Prize is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins.
Grand Prize Trip must be completed by December 15, 2018. Grand Prize Winner must provide Sponsor with three (3) possible travel dates with at least six (6) weeks advance notice prior to the earliest potential date of departure; however, Sponsor’s decision as to actual travel dates is final and binding. If potential Grand Prize Winner is unavailable to travel during designated timeframe for any reason, the Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries in a random drawing. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, round-trip transportation between Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the hotel if winner resides on the Island of O’ahu, beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, excursions, souvenirs, spa services, telephone calls and some additional taxes which are not expressly included in the Trip. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Blackout dates include but may not be limited to: 12/19/17 – 1/1/18; 2/11/18 – 2/24/18; 3/11/18 – 4/14/18; 6/17/18 – 8/18/18; 11/18/18 – 11/24/18. Certain activities at Aulani Resort may be subject to availability, advanced registration and/or other restrictions. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on city of departure, date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and Aulani Resort charges at the time of travel booking. Therefore, the actual value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. If the actual value of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of the Grand Prize is for illustrative purposes only. Itineraries and departure dates may be changed, cancelled or discontinued at any time and without prior notice. Promotion Entities will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Grand Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. No one-way trips or upgrades allowed. Unless otherwise necessitated by Sponsor, no stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Grand Prize; if a stopover otherwise occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining Trip segment(s), including the return. Once hotel accommodations and flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all excess baggage charges, taxes and any other charges incurred after or in connection with the issuance of airline tickets. Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
Air transportation, ground transfers, and accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Grand Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Other travel restrictions may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes in its sole discretion. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the Grand Prize Winner/guest(s). In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guest(s) engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guest(s) home with no further compensation.
Group must travel together on the Trip and must travel from the major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Guest(s) (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. If any guest is a minor, the Grand Prize Winner or one of the Grand Prize Winner’s other allotted guests in the Group must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize Trip with no guests or fewer than three (3) guests, no additional compensation will be awarded. Members of the Group are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, etc.) before departure. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Winner and guests are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, the winner shall be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in for incidentals (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the Grand Prize). Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate Grand Prize Winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s discretion. If Grand Prize Winner and guest(s) cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from among all eligible entries
No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If for any reason any announced prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value (except as otherwise indicated herein). Prize is not redeemable for cash.
Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of the prize.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE COMPONENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities, Instagram, LLC, Twitter, Inc., and Facebook, Inc. each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize or component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
8. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of prizes/determination of prize winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction.
9. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
10. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
11. Winner List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Marvel’s Inhumans at Aulani Resort Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by December 31, 2017.