Aarp – Elevate Your Escape $5000 Travel – Win GRAND PRIZE A $5000 check
AARP’S Elevate Your Escape $5,000 Travel Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: AARP’S Elevate Your Escape $5,000 Travel Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least forty five (45) years old at the time of entry and who have an aarp.org account. Employees of AARP, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit https://sweeps.aarp.org/entertravel2019 (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration form, including your AARP.org login information and a valid email address. If you do not have an AARP.org account, you may create one. Creating an AARP.org account is free. You will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry and one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may enter/play one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Additional Sweepstakes Entries: There are two (2) ways to earn additional Sweepstakes entries, as outlined below:
a. Use Vacation Budget Tool: After registering or logging in, follow the links and instructions to proceed to the Vacation Budget tool. By creating and saving your vacation budget, you will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry. Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period for creating and saving your vacation budget.
b. Answer “Travel Personality Quiz” Questions: After registering or logging in, follow the links and instructions to various questions; eight (8) questions will be posted. You will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry for each question answered, regardless of whether or not the question is answered correctly. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to eight (8) additional Sweepstakes entries per day for answering the questions.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries on or around May 1, 2019. Instant Win Game: Twenty-five (25) random, computer-generated winning times, one (1) for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the applicable prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $5,000 check. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes: TWENTY-FIVE (25) FIRST PRIZES: A $50 Prepaid Card. ARV: $50. Terms and conditions received with delivery of prepaid card apply. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of Instant Win prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize and one (1) Sweepstakes prize per person. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $6,250.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions hometown and state, and/or testimonials, photos, or other feedback related to prize or Promotion experience, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/2TUyjJy. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.