Vita Coco – Simple Island – Win a trip for 4 people to a private island valued at $25,000 ARV
Vita Coco Simple Island Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR
WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Vita Coco Simple Island Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are (21) years of age or older. Employees and the immediate families of All Market Inc. d/b/a Vita Coco (“Sponsor”), The A Team (“Administrator”), and each of their respective employees, representatives, parents, bottlers, distributors, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on March 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter. 1) To Enter Online: visit www.asimpleisland.com and complete the online entry form. Online entries must be received by March 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. 2) By Mail: Mail in a 3×5 card on which you have legibly hand printed your first and last name, complete mailing address (street, city, state, zip code), telephone number, email address (if available), in a hand-addressed envelope with first class postage affixed to: Vita Coco Simple Island Sweepstakes, 38 West 21st, 11 Fl, New York, NY 10010. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2016 and received no later than April 7, 2016. No mechanical reproduction of entries or facsimiles is permitted.
Limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries for a single individual will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the “authorized account holder,” the person in whose name the mobile telephone number account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Official Rules. Any attempt to defraud or misrepresent the age, name or address by an entrant may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or postage-due mail, entries or other sweepstakes materials, all of which are void, or for errors due to computer malfunctions, software errors, transmission problems or interruptions in operations. Sponsor’s database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 8, 2016, from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor. Entrants irrevocably agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail on or about April 11, 2016. Unless otherwise prohibited, potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) within 72 hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited. If potential winners cannot be contacted or the notification is returned as undeliverable within 72 hours after the attempt, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
Hotel or resort accommodation for four (4) consecutive nights (2 standard rooms that sleep 2 people) for winner and guests
Round-trip ground transportation to/from private island & airport nearest the private island
An American Express® Gift Card. American Express Gift Card value will be chosen at the
discretion of the Sponsor at time of Prize awarding.
￼￼￼￼4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize available: A trip for winner and three (3) guests to a private island
￼(chosen by the Sponsor). Travel dates are to be chosen at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize consists of:
￼ Round trip, coach class air transportation for winner and guests from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence to trip destination.
￼Total ARV of available prize: $25,000.
If winner cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting and will be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release [where legal] prior to ticketing). Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs or expenses not specifically set forth herein. No transferring of prize, prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted by winner, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for an equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between the actual value of any prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these official rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, regardless of entry method.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed, or similar entry duplication method. Sponsor is not responsible for any (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or network malfunction or other technical failures or errors, or the failure to properly process entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to disruption related to internet traffic, wireless networks, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; or (c) damage caused by computer or mobile device related virus or otherwise resulting to any computer or cell phone from such person’s participation in the Sweepstakes whether human, mechanical or electronic. If any malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes by posting a notice on www.asimpleisland.com. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end date, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption, or damage will be disqualified. Entries that contain errors, or are incomplete or received after the Sweepstakes Period, will not be accepted.
7. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, bottlers, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and its advertising, promotional and judging agencies from any and all liability or any injuries, death, loss, tax liability or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize won. By entering the Sweepstakes you further agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees or other related legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. This Sweepstakes and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflicts of laws; any disputes will be heard exclusively in the state or federal courts in the City, County and State of New York; by entering you irrevocably consent and waive any objection to the jurisdiction of said courts for any such disputes. Entering the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use the name, address (city and state only) and likeness of the prizewinner for advertising and publicity purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify from this or any sweepstakes it sponsors, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these official rules, tampered with the entry process, the operation of this Sweepstakes, or any other aspect of this Sweepstakes.
8. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND OTHER ASSOCIATED LEGAL COSTS) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a complete list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Vita Coco Simple Island Sweepstakes, 38 West 21st Street, 11th floor, New York, NY 10010. Requests must be received no later than April 30, 2016.
Sponsor: All Market Inc. d/b/a Vita Coco, 38 West 21st, 11 Fl, New York, NY 10010 Administrator: The A Team LLC, 1441 Broadway, New York, NY 10018