Michaels Stores – Win a grand prize pack valued at $1,500 OR 1 of 60 minor prizes
Michaels Year of Creative Classroom Cricut Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Michaels Year of Creative Classroom Cricut Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Washington, DC) and Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan who are of the age of majority in their state or province of residence as of April 28, 2019. Employees of Michaels Stores, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Cricut, Inc., and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and persons living in the same household as such employees and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law or restricted in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Saving Time (“CDT”) on April 28, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on May 11, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on May 11, 2019 to be eligible. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER; ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: There are (2) methods of entry.
i. In the United States, visit michaels.com/creativeclass, or in Canada visit Michaels.ca/creativeclass (collectively the “Website”), and complete the online entry form, which includes your name, email address, birthdate, grade or subject taught (or name of the teacher you’re nominating), and phone number (collectively, an “Entry”).
ii. Print or type your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, day and evening telephone numbers, and grade taught (or name of the teacher you’re nominating) on a 3” x 5” card (the “AMOE”), and mail in a stamped envelope to Michaels Year of Creative Classroom Sweepstakes, Attn: Category Marketing Specialist, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Entries submitted by mail must be postmarked by May 8, 2019, and received by May 11, 2019 to be eligible.
One (1) Entry or AMOE per individual during the Sweepstakes Period is allowed; multiple entries using different email addresses for a single individual will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Failure to provide true and accurate information will automatically disqualify you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
3. SELECTION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS. On or about May 13, 2019, all entries will be pooled and a winner (a potential “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected at random from the pool of entries. Subsequently, each state, province, and the District of Columbia will have their entries pooled individually, and one winner will be drawn for each state, province, and the District of Columbia (each a “Prize Winner”). If the Grand Prize Winner or any Prize Winner is not a teacher, the Grand Prize Winner or Prize Winner must designate a teacher as the recipient of any Prize. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Prize Winner on May 13, 2019 via electronic mail. Unless otherwise prohibited, each provisional Grand Prize Winner and Prize Winner will be required to sign and return an Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Affidavit (“Affidavit”) within forty-eight (48) hours of the notification attempt, or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries. Canadian residents must correctly answer an arithmetic skill test question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, to claim a Prize.
4. PRIZES. The Grand Prize Winner (or their designee) will receive $1,000 USD in Cricut product and a $500 USD Michaels gift card (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,500 USD). Each of the sixty (60) state, provincial, or District of Columbia Prize Winners (or their designee) will receive a Cricut Air 2 (ARV $249.99 USD). Terms and conditions may apply. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prize. If a Prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The ARV of all prizes available in this Sweepstakes is sixteen thousand four hundred ninety-nine dollars and forty cents (USD $16,499.40). Winners are solely responsible for all taxes associated with the awarded prize. U.S. law requires a 1099 be given to Sweepstakes winners indicating the value of the Prize.
ALL PRIZES AWARDED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Limit one Prize per entrant during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. TAMPERING WITH SWEEPSTAKES: Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any Prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the Prize Winner for advertising and publicity purposes in perpetuity without further compensation, review, notice, or approval, throughout the world, in all media and means whether now known or later discovered.
7. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
8. GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The exclusive forum and venue for any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes shall be in the state and federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Michaels Year of Creative Classroom Sweepstakes” Winners List, Attn.: Category Marketing Specialist, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Residents of Vermont are not required to provide a self-addressed stamped envelope. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2019.
Sponsor: Michaels Stores, Inc., 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063