Kellogg’s – Despicable Me 3 – Win 1 of 500 Fandango Movie Tickets valued at $16 each
Job #: 16-6833 Final #4: 1/3/17 – 2:30 PM (ET)
KELLOGG’S™ / DESPICABLE ME 3 TEXT-TO-ENTER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Kellogg’s™ / Despicable Me 3 Text-to-Enter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a Text Entry and Mail-in Entry Sweepstakes that begins on 4/22/17 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 7/31/17 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (the “Promotion Period”). There will be two (2) entry periods (“Entry Periods”) in the Sweepstakes as further defined below. Look on the Point-of-Sale (“POS”) advertising material at participating retail stores for the Short Code and keyword; and then follow the instructions provided to participate in the Sweepstakes via text – as more fully described below in rule #3a. To participate for free via mail-in, see the mail-in method of entry details on promotional materials at the participating stores noted above or see below in rule #3b for further details. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “Day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour period during the Promotion Period beginning at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET). Entry Periods are as follows:
End Entry (text)
End Entry (mail-in)
# of Prizes
Postmarked by 6/15/17
Received by 6/22/17
Postmarked by 7/31/17
Received by 8/7/17
Non-winning entries from Entry Period #1 will automatically rollover into the random drawing for Entry Period #2.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Kellogg Company (“Sponsor”), Universal Studios, Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC, participating retailers, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, partners, advertising, promotion and other agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to participate in the Sweepstakes:
a) TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY: During the Promotion Period, from your wireless phone, text the keyword “DM3 to the short code 86677
(the “Short Code”). After sending your text message entry, you may receive one (1) or more text messages in response to your text entry, including a message confirming your entry, and legal disclaimers from Sponsor. You may opt-out of receiving the promotional text messages from Sponsor at any time by sending a reply text message with the word “STOP”. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Check with your carrier for details. Entrants should check their phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes, based on the applicable wireless service pricing plan. Message and data rates apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Entry by sending a text message will not improve your chance of winning. By texting an entry, the entrant grants permission to the Sponsor to notify them via a return text message and must agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. You are responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing a text entry. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time, without notice. Proof of text messaging the Short Code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Sweepstakes entry. Text entries must be completed as noted in rule #1 in order to be entered into the random drawing for the respective Entry Period(s).
b) MAIL-IN ENTRY: You may also participate by hand writing on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper, your name, address, age, and daytime/evening phone numbers. Mail your entry in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed to: Kellogg’s™ / Despicable Me 3 Text-to-Enter Sweepstakes, Attn: Entry, P.O. Box 7648, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-7648. Mail-in entries must be “postmarked by” and “received by” as noted in rule #1 in order to be entered into the random drawing for the respective Entry Period(s).
No automated entry devices, bots and/or other programs and/or software are permitted for entry. No mechanically reproduced, altered, forged, or facsimile entries will be accepted. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Only fully completed entries are eligible.
If due to programming, production or other errors, more prizes are awarded and/or claimed than intended, the intended number of Sweepstakes prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from all those submitting purportedly valid claims. No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All potential winning entries are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A participant is not a winner of any prize, even if a confirmation text message/email should so indicate, unless and until said participant’s eligibility has been verified and said participant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept Screen Shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honored.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per Day – regardless of method of entry. All entries in excess of this limit will be deemed void. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any change of mailing address and/or telephone number of participants. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a text entry participant in the Sweepstakes, participation will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number provided at the time of participation. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number by an Internet access provided, online service provider, wireless carrier, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning mobile telephone numbers. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the wireless account of the mobile telephone number associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Five hundred (500) potential winners (two hundred fifty (250) winners each Entry Period) will be selected in a random drawing for the respective Entry Period on or about the drawing date as noted in the chart in rule #1 from among all eligible entries received for the respective Entry Period from all methods combined by Sponsor or its designee. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winners will be notified by text, email, phone and/or mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: Five Hundred (500) Grand Prizes (two hundred fifty (250) Grand Prizes each Entry Period) – Each winner will receive two (2) vouchers for $8.00 off a Fandango Movie Ticket® (to be awarded in the form of a Fandango Promotional Code) (ARV $16 ea. winner). Each winner will be required to provide an email address in order to receive two (2) Fandango Promotional Codes sent to the winner’s valid e-mail address for $8.00 off a Fandango Movie Ticket® (up to $16.00 total value) to see any movie at Fandango partner theaters in the U.S., at any showing including those designated as “no coupons, no passes” in local theater listing guides. Fandango Promotional Code must be redeemed by 12/31/17 and is void if not redeemed by the expiration date. Fandango Promotional Code only valid for purchases made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app for Fandango partner theaters in the U.S. and cannot be redeemed directly at any Fandango partner theater box office. If lost, cannot be replaced. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid in U.S. and valid for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If movie ticket with Fandango’s convenience fee included is more than maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between movie ticket purchased and maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code will not be refunded (ARV $8.00 USD ea. voucher). Neither Fandango nor Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is a co-sponsor or sponsor of this Sweepstakes. The redemption of Fandango Promotional code is subject to Fandango’s terms and conditions at www.fandango.com/termsofuse.aspx and www.fandango.com/PurchasePolicy.aspx. ©2017 Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Winners will receive their prize via email from Sponsor’s fulfillment partner – please allow up to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prize. Total ARV of all prizes $8,000. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received each Entry Period from all methods combined. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Limit one (1) prize per person in the Sweepstakes.
7. GENERAL: If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. By participating in Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Kellogg Company, Universal Studios, Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC, participating retail stores and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, assigns and their respective agents and agencies (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants and winners (i.e. entrants that accept a prize) release and agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability out of acceptance, possession, use or misuses of prize, or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, photograph, statements, voice, likeness and/or prize information, in perpetuity, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes.
8. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Any attempted form of entry into the Sweepstakes, other than the entry methods stated, is prohibited. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, wireless phone connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture or entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an participant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone, or other matter relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the text entry portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes; and award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received from all methods combined up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Promotion Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
9. PRIVACY: For information about how Kellogg Company uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at http://www.kelloggcompany.com/privacy.aspx.
10. SPONSOR: Kellogg Company, One Kellogg Square, Battle Creek, MI 49016
®, ™, © 2017 Kellogg NA Co.
Despicable Me 3 © 2017 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Universal Studios is not a co-sponsor or sponsor of this Sweepstakes.