General Mills – Lucky Charms Marshmallow Only – Win 1 of 15,000 instant win prizes of a box of Original Lucky Charms pack valued at $50 each
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Only Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Lucky Charms Marshmallow Only (the “Instant Win Game”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and representatives of General Mills Sales, Inc., General Mills, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Instant Win Game is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game begins on March 11, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on September 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and consists of three (3) phases (each a “Phase”) as outlined below.
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Instant Win Game.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, you must obtain a code in order to play the Instant Win Game. Prior to the start of the Instant Win Game, Sponsor will select participating retailer locations (each a “Participating Retailer”) that will comprise the “Retailer Prize Pool”. See here for the address information of each Participating Retailer. All other retailers, that sell the Qualifying Purchases, but are not directly participating in the Instant Win Game, will comprise the “National Prize Pool”.
There are three (3) ways to obtain a code for the Instant Win Game:
a. Purchase a Participating Product: During the Promotion Period, purchase a specially- marked package of Original Lucky CharmsTM cereal (each a “Qualifying Purchase”) from your local retailer, while supplies last. Locate the code which is printed on the inside of the back panel of the specially marked package (“Product Code”) and have it available when you complete the below instructions. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “N”, it is a National Prize Pool Product Code. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “R”, it is a Retailer Prize Pool Product Code.
b. Free Product Code:
Mail-In Free Project Code Request — From February 26, 2019 to September 3, 2019: To obtain a Product Code without making a purchase, hand print your name, address, email address, and year of birth on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage and the name of your local retailer written on the outside of the envelope, to “Lucky Charms Marshmallow Only,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5031, Department 838896, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5031. Limit: One (1) Product Code request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by September 3, 2019 and received by September 10, 2019. All Product Code requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. You will receive a free Product Code via email. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “N”, it is a National Prize Pool Product Code. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “R”, it is a Retailer Prize Pool Product Code. NOTE: If your
Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
March 11, 2019
June 17, 2019
June 18, 2019
August 17, 2019
August 18, 2019
September 17, 2019
local retailer is considered a Participating Retailer, you will receive Retailer Prize Pool Product Code. If your local retailer is not considered a Participating Retailer, you will receive National Prize Pool Product Code. If you do not include the name of your local retailer on the outside of the envelope, by default, you will receive a National Prize Pool Code. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Free Product Code requests, which will be discarded. Administrator will email you a Free Product Code within 8-9 business days from your postmark date.
Online Free Product Code Request — From September 4, 2019 to September 17, 2019: To request a Free Product Code online, visit www.MarshmallowOnly.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the Free Product Code request form, including a valid email address as well as specify if you would like to receive a National Prize Pool Product Code or a Retailer Prize Pool Product Code, and you will receive a free Product Code within one (1) business day via automated email. All requests must be received by September 17, 2019 at 11:55 p.m. ET. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected requests, which will not be honored.
c. Once you obtain a Product Code, during the Promotion Period, follow the links and instructions as set forth below. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “N”, it will be eligible to be entered into the National Prize Pool. Please note that if your Product Code begins with an “R”, it will be eligible to be entered into your Retailer Prize Pool:
Enter a National Prize Pool Code: If the Qualifying Purchase was not made at a Participating Retailer (or you requested a National Prize Pool Code via the free methods listed above), visit www.MarshmallowOnly.com and enter the Product Code. Then, follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form in its entirety including providing your valid home address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted). Follow the links and instructions to proceed to and play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Enter a Select Participating Retailer Prize Pool Code: If the Qualifying Purchase was made at a Participating Retailer (or requested a Retailer Prize Pool Code via the free methods listed above), visit www.MarshmallowOnly.com and enter the Product Code. Then, you will be asked to select your Participating Retailer, from a provided list and input your zip code. Then, based on your zip code, you will be prompted to select, your local Participating Retailer, from a provided list of locations near the inputted zip code. Then, complete and submit the registration form in its entirety, including providing your valid home address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted). Follow the links and instructions to proceed to and play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may play up to thirty (30) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry or combination of methods of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Instant Win Game Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. There will be fifteen thousand (15,000) random, computer-generated winning times generated during the Instant Win Game, two thousand one hundred eighty-two (2,182) during Phase 1 for the National Prize Pool, one thousand seven hundred forty-five (1,745) during Phase 2 for the National Prize Pool, four hundred thirty- six (436) during Phase 3 of the National Prize Pool, five thousand three hundred nineteen (5,319) during Phase 1 for the Retailer Prize Pool, four thousand two hundred fifty-six (4,256) during Phase 2 for the Retailer Prize Pool, one thousand sixty-two (1,062) for Phase 3 for the Retailer Prize Pool. Of the Retailer Prize Pool, between one (1) and three (3) prizes will be awarded for each individual Participating Retailer during the Promotion Period. The total number of prizes awarded for each Retailer Prize Pool is subject to change; Sponsor reserves the right to modify any quantity of prize allocation at any time during the Promotion Period. See here for the address information of each Participating Retailer and how many prizes will be awarded for each Participating Retailer during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing, after the conclusion of the Promotion Period, from among all remaining eligible entries. Depending on the calendar month a winner is confirmed, his/her prize will be fulfilled approximately 3-4 weeks after the applicable calendar month, during/after the Promotion Period.
7. Prizes: FIFTEEN THOUSAND (15,000) PRIZES (four thousand three hundred sixty-three (4,363) awarded for the National Prize Pool and ten thousand six hundred thirty-seven (10,637) awarded for the Retailer Prize Pool): A box of Original Lucky CharmsTM – marshmallows only pack. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50.00.
Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize through the National Prize Pool depend on the number of prizes available for each Phase divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays for the applicable Phase. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize through the Retailer Prize Pool depend on the number of prizes available for all Participating Retailers with the same number of allocated prizes (1, 2 or 3) for each Phase divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays for each applicable group of Retailers for the applicable Phase. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $750,000.00.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Instant Win Game if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to
deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Instant Win Game is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, General Mills, Inc., Participating Retailers, individual Participating Retailer stores, HelloWorld, Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Instant Win Game or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Instant Win Game, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Instant Win Game, or receipt, or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Instant Win Game or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Win Game but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Instant Win Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2zbr3kx. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.