Perfetti Van Melle – Airheads Epic Birthday – Win a grand prize of a $10,000 check OR 1 of 300,305 Instant Win Game Prizes
Airheads® Epic Birthday Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Airheads Epic Birthday promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Perfetti Van Melle USA, Inc., HUGE LLC, PJ McNerney and Associates, Carat, a trading division within the Dentsu Aegis Network Group, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: Perfetti Van Melle USA, Inc., 3645 Turfway Road, Erlanger KY 41018. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on February 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). There is a Sweepstakes entry period (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”) and an Instant Win Game period (the “Instant Win Game Period”) as outlined below.
The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins on February 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on June 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The Instant Win Game Period begins on February 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET, ends on December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET and consists of two (2) phases (each a “Phase”) as outlined below.
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
a. Sweepstakes: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, visit http://www.airheadsepicbirthday.com (the “Website”) and complete and submit the registration form including a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Instant Win Game: In order to play the Instant Win Game, you must obtain a scratch card (“Scratch Card”), while supplies last, as outlined below:
i. Make a Purchase: During Phase 1, visit a participating store and purchase a package of birthday cake 6 pack or 10 pack minis of Airheads. Then, open the product package to locate the Scratch Card.
ii. Mail-in Alternate Method: From January 9, 2016 to December 2, 2016, to enter
at 12:00 a.m. ET
at 11:59 p.m. ET
￼￼￼￼1 – Obtain Scratch Card
￼February 1, 2016
￼￼￼￼December 2, 2016
￼￼￼￼2 – Redemption
￼￼￼February 1, 2016
￼￼￼￼￼December 31, 2016
without making a purchase, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (legal residents of Vermont do not need to include a self-addressed stamped envelope) and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Airheads Epic Birthday,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5992, Department 823393, Kalamazoo, MI 49003- 5992. You will receive one (1) Scratch Card to the address indicated on your self-addressed, stamped envelope. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in Scratch Card requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by December 2, 2016 and received by December 9, 2016. Administrator will fulfill a Scratch Card within ten (10) business days of receiving the request, by mail. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Once you obtain a Scratch Card, scratch the surface of the Scratch Card to see if you are a potential winner of the Instant Win Game. If you are a potential winner of a prize, visit the Website during Phase 2 and follow the links and instructions to claim your prize. Prize claims must be submitted and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2016. Unclaimed prizes will go unawarded.
Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period; each entrant may obtain one (1) Scratch Card per day during Phase 1 of the Instant Win Game Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period on or around June 9, 2016. Instant Win Game: Three hundred thousand five hundred fifteen (300,515) random winning Scratch Cards will be distributed during the Instant Win Game Period.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The potential Grand Prize and Fifth Prize winners (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the Sweepstakes Grand Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the Sweepstakes Grand Prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Instant Win Game Prizes will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $10,000 check. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,000. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes: TEN (10) FIRST PRIZES: A GoPro camera. ARV: $430. Odds of winning a First Prize are 1:650,000. TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: A PlayStation 4. ARV: $399.99. Odds of winning a Second Prize are 1:260,000. TEN (10) THIRD PRIZES: An iPad. ARV: $399. iPad® is a registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. (“Apple”). All rights reserved. Apple is not a sponsor or participant of this promotion. Odds of winning a Third Prize are 1:650,000. TEN (10) FOURTH PRIZES: An Airheads Bean Bag Chair. ARV: $311.70. Odds of winning a Fourth Prize are 1:650,000. TEN (10) FIFTH PRIZES: A bicycle. ARV: $253.46. Odds of winning a Fifth Prize are 1:650,000. TWO HUNDRED (200) SIXTH PRIZES: A $50 Toys “R” Us gift card. ARV: $50. Odds of winning a Sixth Prize are 1:32,500. TWO HUNDRED (200) SEVENTH PRIZES: A $50 Gamestop gift card. ARV: $50. Odds of winning a Seventh Prize are 1:32,500. FIFTY (50) EIGHTH PRIZES: An Airhead branded hat. ARV: $6.60. Odds of winning a Eighth Prize are 1:130,000. THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND (300,000) NINTH PRIZES: A free product coupon good for a six (6) pack of Airheads. ARV: $1.56. Odds of winning a Ninth Prize are 1:21.67.
For All Prizes: The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Terms and conditions of gift cards and coupons apply. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non- transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $522,271.35.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HUGE LLC, PJ McNerney and Associates, Carat, a trading division within the Dentsu Aegis Network Group, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s
consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1NchKAl. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.