General Mills – Far Far Away Getaway – Win 1 of 2 trips for 2 to London, England for the Star Wars Celebration OR 1 of 250 Instant Win Game Prizes
Far, Far Away Getaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Star WarsTM Far, Far Away Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of General Mills Sales, Inc., Reed Exhibitions, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc., Disney Consumer Products Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on January 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a Sweepstakes period which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on January 1, 2016 and ends on May 23, 2016, and an Instant Win Game Period that runs the entire length of the Promotion Period. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: You will need a code (“Code”) to participate in the Promotion. There are two (2) ways to obtain a code as outlined below:
a. Purchase Specially-Marked Packages of Star Wars Cereal: During the Promotion Period, purchase a specially-marked package of Star Wars cereal and locate the Code inside the product package.
b. Request a Code by Email: To obtain a Code without making a purchase, send an email to FarFarAwayGetawaySweeps@epiinc.com with “Code Request” in the subject line from December 27, 2015 through December 27, 2016. You will receive a Code within seventy-two (72) hours.
Once you have a Code, visit www.generalmills.com/starwars and complete and submit the registration form including your Code. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (if you enter a Code during the Sweepstakes Period) and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Please note that all Codes requested by email during the Sweepstakes Period may be eligible for a Sweepstakes entry if entered before the Sweepstakes drawing. Once on the Instant Win Game page, follow the links and instructions during the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may receive one (1) entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period, up to a maximum of ninety (90) entries during the Promotion Period. Each Entrant may receive one (1) Instant Win Game play per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and
logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners, from all eligible entries on or around May 30, 2016. Instant Win Game: Two hundred fifty (250) random, computer-generated winning times, one for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. Fifty (50) winning times for the First Prize, twelve (12) winning times for the Second Prize, eleven (11) winning times for the Third Prize, eleven (11) winning times for the Fourth Prize, thirty-eight (38) winning times for the Fifth Prize, eighteen (18) winning times for the Sixth Prize, and eighteen (18) winning times for the Seventh Prize will be generated from January 1, 2016 through May 23, 2016. Fifty (50) winning times for the First Prize, six (6) winning times for the Second Prize, five (5) winning times for the Third Prize, five (5) winning times for the Fourth Prize, twelve (12) winning times for the Fifth Prize, seven (7) winning times for the Sixth Prize, and seven (7) winning times for the Seventh Prize will be generated from May 24, 2016 through December 31, 2016. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly- generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of a Grand or First Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Second through Seventh prizes will not be awarded. Instant Win Game Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the winning play.
￼Sweepstakes Prize: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: A trip for two (2) to London, England for the Star Wars Celebration. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to London, England; four (4) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy), $500 spending money in the form of a prepaid gift card; and admission for two (2) to the Star Wars celebration. Winner must travel on July 14, 2016 and return on July 18, 2016 or prize will be forfeited. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if Star Wars Celebration is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6,625. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes: ONE HUNDRED (100) FIRST PRIZES: A Poster Collection that includes seven (7) special edition Star Wars posters. ARV: $60. EIGHTEEN (18) SECOND PRIZES: A Green Light Saber. ARV: $13.50. SIXTEEN (16) THIRD PRIZES: A Red Light Saber. ARV: $13.50. SIXTEEN (16) FOUTH PRIZES: A Blue Light Saber. ARV: $13.50. FIFTY (50) FIFTH PRIZES: A Limited Edition Star Wars Cereal Box Set that includes the current cereal boxes during the Promotion and (1) one custom Star Wars/General Mills cereal bowl. ARV: $13. TWENTY-FIVE (25) SIXTH PRIZES: A youth size Kylo Mask. ARV: $6. TWENTY-FIVE (25) SEVENTH PRIZES: A youth size Stormtrooper Mask. ARV: $6. The masks prizes youth sizes and winners cannot pick sizes. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of Instant Win prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $20,875.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Reed Exhibitions, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc., Disney Consumer Products Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1UEMLOQ. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.