Hearst – Harpers Bazaar 2016 Fabulous at every age contest Women – Win 1 of 5 prizes incl $5,000 cash, a trip to New York City, products and makeup consultation with Estee Lauder
The 2016 “Fabulous at Every Age Contest” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK.
2. SELECTION OF SEMI-FINALISTS: Harper’s BAZAAR editors will select fifty (50) semi- finalists (ten in each age category, 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s or 60+) from all qualified entries received which will be judged on Entries submitted. The fifty (50) semi-finalists will be notified by phone, via email, or Instagram on or around February 10, 2015 and asked to provide a testimonial of 50 words or less describing why the person being entered is “Fabulous For Her Age” and provide three (3) additional photographs (two (2) color photographs of the entrant’s full body and one (1) close-up color photograph of the entrant’s face (“Materials”). All photos must have been taken within the previous 365 days. In addition, the Sponsor shall have the right to conduct background checks on potential semi-finalists. In the event the potential semi-finalists do not respond within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s notification or provide additional Materials within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s request, or cannot travel to New York City, to attend the “Fabulous At Every Age Awards Luncheon” taking place in New York City on July 19, 2016, potential semi-finalists will be deemed ineligible and Sponsor shall have the right to select alternate semi-finalists.
3. SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER: On or about June 8, 2016, five (5) finalists (one in each age category 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60+) selected will be judged by a panel of Harper’s BAZAAR editors based on the following criteria: photographs (75%) and testimonials (25%). The panel of judges will select one Grand Prize Winner from the five (5) finalists who will be announced at the “Fabulous At Every Age” Awards Luncheon, which is tentatively scheduled to take place in New York City on July 19, 2016.
3. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Each of the five (5) finalists will receive a cash prize of $5,000 and will receive the following prizes: (a) appear in an upcoming issue of Harper’s BAZAAR magazine, (b) receive two (2) fashion outfits as determined by Sponsor, ARV: up to $2,000, (c) a trip to New York City. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation for finalist from major airport nearest finalists’ residence (ARV: $1,000) and hotel accommodations (standard accommodations, single room) for a 3 night stay (ARV: $1150). Hotel accommodations are at Sponsor’s discretion, subject to availability. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to finalist’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion and no additional compensation will be provided. Finalist must travel on dates specified by Sponsor to attend the “Fabulous At Every Age Luncheon” in New York City on July 19, 2016, arriving in New York City on Sunday, July 17, 2016 and departing New York City on Wednesday, July 20, 2016. Arrangements must be made in advance. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered and failure of finalist to follow such a schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Finalist will be solely responsible for all meals, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, ground transportation, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise specified herein. In the event a finalist is not able to travel on the dates determined by the Sponsor, the finalist will be disqualified and alternative finalist will be selected by the Sponsor. In the event the Fabulous At Every Age Luncheon is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the trip portion of the prize will not be awarded and the Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prizes with no further obligation to the Finalists’ and Grand Prize Winner. Finalist Total ARV: up to $9,150. From the five (5) finalists’, a Grand Prize Winner will be selected and also receive an additional cash prize of $5,000. Grand Prize Total ARV: up to $14,150.
4. List of Finalists and the Grand Prize Winner: Harper’s BAZAAR will announce the names and may post photographs of the finalists and the Grand Prize Winner in an upcoming issue of the magazine and/or on its website as determined by the Sponsor.
5. Eligibility: Open to women who are over 20 years of age and are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, or Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, Province of Quebec, and where prohibited by law. Entrants via Instagram must have their Instagram profile set to “public.” Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the prize provider, Estée Lauder (and members of their respective immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible. Finalists will be required to submit a photo copy of a valid state or government-issued picture id (e.g. driver’s license, passport or state id) in order to confirm age and legal status. Entrants can be currently signed to a modeling agency, however, they cannot have appeared in a major ad campaign or appeared on a major magazine cover or secured either an ad campaign or cover that would be public by June 19, 2016.
6.ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for Contest. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address or Instagram account. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business,
educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or Instagram account.
7. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned on Sponsor’s website for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select finalists and the Grand Prize Winner from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, New York, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street, New York, New York 10019.