Coca Cola – Win a $6,950 trip for 2 to the 2015 Essence Festival in New Orleans, LA and more great prizes by May 31, 2015!
McDonald’s Essence Challenge
ENDS ON May 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
In order to win a prize in the McDonald’s Essence® Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”), you must be 13 years or older, a legal resident of the 50 U.S. (or D.C.), and a My Coke Rewards® (“MCR”) member with a Twitter Account and/or an Instagram account that is linked to your MCR account and that is set to public.
The Sweepstakes begins on May 4, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time , and ends on May 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Twitter, Inc.’s and Instagram, Inc.’s computers are the official time-keepers for the sharing portion of the Sweepstakes and Administrator is the official time-keeper for the prize claim portion of the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER
During the Promotion Period, using your Twitter or Instagram account, share a photo of yourself holding a specially-marked McDonald’s Essence® keepsake cup or any 30 fluid ounce beverage cup from McDonald’s, or, without making a purchase, a photo of yourself holding up a piece of paper that says “I love the Essence® program,” including the hashtag #MCDCOKESWEEPS (your “Challenge Entry”). Your Challenge Entry must contain a photo as described above and the hashtag in order for you to receive a Sweepstakes entry and to be considered for a chance to win a prize. Retweets are not eligible for this Sweepstakes. Your Challenge Entry must not contain any offensive, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate content, and must comply with the restrictions listed below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or it may not be approved, it may not be considered an eligible Challenge Entry, and you may not be awarded a Sweepstakes entry or permitted to win a prize in this Sweepstakes. Your Twitter and/or Instagram account and associated content must be public or you may not be able to participate in the Sweepstakes or be considered for a chance to win a prize. If your Challenge Entry complies with these Official Rules, you will receive one Sweepstakes entry. If you do not have a Twitter Account, visit Twitter (www.twitter.com) and follow the links and instructions to create one, subject to terms determined by Twitter. If you do not have an Instagram account, visit Instagram (www.instagram.com) and follow the links and instructions to create one, subject to terms determined by Instagram. Limit: 140 Sweepstakes entries per person during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry and platform(s) used. We encourage you to use a different photo each time, to prevent violating Twitter’s or Instagram’s spamming guidelines. You can only have one of each type of social media account attached to your MCR account and you may only have one MCR account per person.
Requirements and Restrictions:
• The Challenge Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Challenge Entry must be relevant to the Sweepstakes and there must be a photo, not just the hashtag, in isolation;
• The Challenge Entry must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
• The Challenge Entry must not contain visible brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, McDonald’s, or Essence®, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her content for this Sweepstakes and which are permitted for the purpose of this Sweepstakes;
• The Challenge Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
• The Challenge Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• The Challenge Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Challenge Entry is created;
• The Challenge Entry cannot have been submitted previously in a different promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
• The Challenge Entry must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
• The Challenge Entry must conform with the format and size requirements and limitations of the applicable social media platform;
• The Challenge Entry must not include the image of a child who is or who appears to be under the age of 13 drinking any beverage;
• The Challenge Entry must not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13 or anyone other than the entrant, unless entrant has his or her (or parent’s or legal guardian’s) permission to do so for this Sweepstakes. Entrant must have permission from all recognizable people who appear in the Social Share, regardless of their ages. If requested, entrant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to Sponsor;
• The Challenge Entry must be your own, original work; and
• The Challenge Entry text, if any, must be in English.
Entrants agree that the interpretation of each of the above Requirements and Restrictions shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, or other Challenge Entry that does not comply with these rules and it may be disqualified. By participating and using the Sweepstakes hashtag, you are stating that you are the owner of, and responsible for, the Challenge Entry that you shared.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same MCR account, email address, or social media account. Any attempt by any participant to receive more than the stated number of Sweepstakes entries by using multiple/different MCR accounts, email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Sweepstakes and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Challenge Entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Twitter or Instagram account by the entity responsible for doing so for Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, Inc. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION
Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and selection of potential Sweepstakes winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around June 3, 2015, Administrator will select the potential prize winners from among all eligible entries during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Challenge Entries received.
5. WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via @reply, direct message, or public message if necessary, to their Twitter or Instagram account on or around June 3, 2015. If you are the potential Grand Prize winner, follow the steps to claim your prize within 5 days of the date you are notified, including completing the Declaration described below. If you are an MCR member with your Twitter and/or Instagram account linked to your MCR membership and you are selected as a potential winner, subject to approval, Sponsor will award you the prize in your MCR account. Follow the steps to claim your prize within the time period indicated. If you are not yet an MCR member, you should receive a message (direct message or public message) inviting you to sign up for a free MCR membership and link it to your Twitter and/or Instagram account, and locate and claim the prize in your MCR account. Follow the steps to sign up, link your Twitter and/or Instagram account, and claim your prize within the time period indicated. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not take the steps above or comply with these Rules, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the applicable prize will remain unawarded, except for the Grand Prize. The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will also be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date he or she is notified, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to do so, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, does not comply with these Official Rules, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, if time permits, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds content on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the Sponsor’s or the brand’s image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above). Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that it does not have a sufficient number of qualified entries.
• 1 GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and a guest to the 2015 Essence® Festival in New Orleans, LA scheduled for July 2 – 5, 2015 (the “Festival”). Trip package for 2 consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2 from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); 3 nights’ accommodations at Sponsor’s choice of hotel (single room, double occupancy); round trip transportation between airport and hotel; 2 tickets to the Festival (seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a $1,300 gift card that may be used for local transportation, terms and conditions apply; and travel agent services. Travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor and surrounding the Festival or winner will forfeit the prize. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If trip destination is less than 250 miles from the winner’s residence, winner will be provided $200 in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation. Sponsor is not responsible if Festival or any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner’s guest must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. If winner’s guest is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor, as applicable. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on days of Festival.
• Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6,950.
The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
• 500 FIRST PRIZES: One customizable Share A Coke glass bottle, fulfilled as digital code, terms and conditions apply. ARV: $10.
Non-travel prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 – 10 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes. No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: one of each prize type per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $11,950.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, Challenge Entry, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) modify the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules without suspending it; (b) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. RELEASE AN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca Cola Company, Coca Cola bottlers, McDonald’s USA, LLC, Essence Communications Inc., Wunderman, a member of Young & Rubicam Group and WPP, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including related travel. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, or statutory damages, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
10. WINNER LIST
For a list of major prize winners, visit http://bit.ly/1bq5Jtc. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.