Coca-Cola – Play. Pause. Refresh. Phase 3 – Win 1 of 185 prizes including TV sound bars, Gift Cards and more
Coca-Cola PLAY. PAUSE. REFRESH. Phase 3 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: To enter the Coca-Cola PLAY. PAUSE. REFRESH. Phase 3 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you must be 18 years or older, a legal resident of the 50 U.S. (or D.C.), and, if you are a winner, a Coca-Cola Company Account Holder (defined below). You must also have a Twitter account or Instagram account that is set to public. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca-Cola Company (“Sponsor”), Coca-Cola bottlers, HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, or production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such people will not be eligible to enter or to win any prize in this Sweepstakes. You need not be a Coca-Cola Company Account Holder before sharing your content or entering the Sweepstakes. However, if you are a winner, you will need to follow all steps listed in Section 5 below in order to claim your prize, including becoming a Coca-Cola Company Account Holder and linking your Twitter or Instagram account to your Coca-Cola Company Account. By participating, you are agreeing to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 18, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on December 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”) and is comprised of 7 entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) and a final prizes entry period (the “Final Prizes Entry Period”) which coincides with the Promotion Period, as set forth in the table below. You must tweet an eligible tweet or share an eligible post on Instagram by the end of the applicable Entry Period, to participate in the Sweepstakes for that Entry Period.
Begins at 12:00 a.m. ET (unless otherwise specified) on:
Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on:
Approximate Drawing Date:
9/18/17 at 12:00 p.m. ET
Final Prizes Entry Period
9/18/17 at 12:00 p.m. ET
Twitter, Inc.’s, or Instagram, LLC’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the social sharing portion of the Sweepstakes and Adminstrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, use your public Twitter or Instagram account to enter.
For Twitter: Using your Twitter account (either via the promotion website or directly through Twitter), tweet a photo of yourself enjoying a Coca-Cola beverage on TV night and use both of the following hashtags #ProgramYourNight and #Sweepstakes OR both of these hashtags #PlayPauseRefresh and #Sweepstakes. TV show cannot appear in your photo nor can any other branded food item. If your Tweet complies with these Official Rules, you’ll have 1 entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period and 1 entry into the Sweepstakes for the Final Prizes.
For Instagram: Using your Instagram account, share a photo of yourself enjoying a Coca-Cola beverage on TV night and use both of the following hashtags #ProgramYourNight and #Sweepstakes OR both of these hashtags #PlayPauseRefresh and #Sweepstakes. TV show cannot appear in your photo nor can any other branded food item. If your shared content complies with these Official Rules, you’ll have 1 entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period and 1 entry into the Sweepstakes for the Final Prizes.
Your shared content must contain all of the required elements in order for you to be considered for a prize. Retweets and regrams are not eligible for this Sweepstakes. Your shared content must not contain any offensive, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate content, and must comply with the restrictions listed below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or it may not be approved, it may not be considered eligible shared content, and you may not be permitted to win a prize in this Sweepstakes. If you have an existing Coke.com or other Coca-Cola Company account, you are a “Coca‑Cola Company Account Holder.” Use your Coca-Cola Company account and link your Twitter or Instagram account to it. If you do not yet have a Coke.com or other Coca-Cola Company account, you may sign up for a free Coke.com account here and link your Twitter or Instagram account to the account, either during the Promotion Period or, if you are selected as a potential winner, before you will be able to claim a prize. Your social media account and associated content must be public or you may not be able to participate in the Sweepstakes or be considered for a prize. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit Twitter (www.twitter.com) and follow the links and instructions to create one, subject to terms determined by Twitter. If you do not have an Instagram account, visit Instagram (www.instagram.com) and follow the links and instructions to create one, subject to terms determined by Instagram. Limit: You may only enter one time per Entry Period, regardless of method of entry or number of photos shared. You can only have one social media account of each type attached to your Coca-Cola Company Account and you may only have one Coca-Cola Company Account per person. Inclusion of your Submission in a gallery does not guarantee that you are eligible for any prize in this Sweepstakes and not all eligible entries will be included in a gallery.
• The shared content must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The shared content must be relevant to the Sweepstakes and the required elements must be included, not just the hashtags, in isolation;
• The shared content must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
• The photo portion of the shared content, should not feature visible brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her content for this Sweepstakes;
• The shared content must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The shared content must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• The shared content must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where shared content is created;
• The shared content cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
• The shared content must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
• The photo portion of the shared content, must not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13 or anyone other than the entrant, unless entrant has his or her (or parent’s or legal guardian’s) permission to do so for this Sweepstakes. If requested, entrant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to Sponsor;
• The shared content must conform with the applicable social media platform’s format and size requirements and limitations; and
• Any shared verbal content must be in English.
Entrants agree that the interpretation of each of the above Restrictions shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, unreceived, invalid, un-intelligible, misdirected, or other shared content that does not comply with these rules and it may be disqualified. By sharing your content with the Sweepstakes hashtag, you are stating that you are the owner of, and responsible for, the shared content that you submit.
Sharing your content constitutes your consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such content in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the shared content or any portion thereof.
For All Entries: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same social media account, Coca‑Cola Company Account, or email address. Any attempt by any participant to enter the Sweepstakes more than the stated number of times by using multiple/different Coca‑Cola Company Accounts, email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Sweepstakes and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any shared content, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Twitter account or Instagram account by the entity responsible for doing so for Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, LLC. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Winner Determination: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and selection of potential Sweepstakes winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around the dates specified in the table above, Administrator will select the potential winners, (20 party pack prizes per Entry Period, for Entry Periods 1 – 7 and all other prizes for the Final Prizes Entry Period), from among all eligible entries for the applicable Entry Period. Even though an entrant may receive a Sweepstakes entry, and be selected as a potential winner, he or she will not be confirmed as a winner unless and until Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent has reviewed and approved his or her shared content and other content on social media. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds content on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the Sponsor’s or the brand’s image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above). The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Non-winning entries will not carry over into subsequent drawings.
5. Winner Requirements: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via @reply, direct message, or public message if necessary, on his or her social media account, on or around the applicable drawing date. He or she may also be notified via email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential winner will be required to create a Coke.com or other Coca‑Cola Company Account (if he or she does not already have one) and link his or her Twitter and/or Instagram account to the Coke.com or other Coca‑Cola Company Account (if not already linked) before being able to claim a prize. He or she must do so as well as claim the prize via the unclaimed rewards tab in his or her Coke.com or other Coca‑Cola Company Account within 5 days or forfeit the prize. Each potential winner will be required to provide the Administrator a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for prize fulfillment purposes within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. In the event that any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide any additional information in the required time frame, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that it does not have a sufficient number of qualified entries for any Entry Period or overall. Prizes will be fulfilled physically or digitally within 4 – 6 weeks after the end of the applicable Entry Period.
140 GIFT PACK PRIZES (20 each per Entry Period 1-7): A gift pack consisting of Coca-Cola glasses, Coca‑Cola bowls, Coca‑Cola ice bucket, party tray, and recipe cards. All prize details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $43.
10 $500 GIFT CARD PRIZES (for the Final Prizes Entry Period): A $500 electronics store gift card. All prize details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Terms and conditions apply. ARV: $500.
20 MOVIE SUBSCRIPTION PRIZES (for the Final Prizes Entry Period): A year-long subscription to a servie that offers movies and other entertainment. All prize details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Terms and conditions apply. ARV: $120.
15 TV SOUNDBAR PRIZES (for the Final Prizes Entry Period): A TV soundbar. All prize details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV: $100.
For all Prizes: The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $14,920.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Sweepstakes experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) modify the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules without suspending it; (b) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, or statutory damages, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
11. Winner List: For a list of major prize winners, visit http://bit.ly/2feaUkc. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
12. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.